Xhaka

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Re: Xhaka

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:what is it with that allgunsblazin and always equating it to his being albanian? i'm sure i'm not the first person to pick up on this? :|
No shit Sherlock, because he is from Albania!
And his attitude towards "Fucking White Bitches" is disgusting!

Apologies to Albania, he is of Kosovan parentage!...
So he's Kosovan,he will still walk away from it because in the politically correct UK it is acceptable to "racially" abuse white English/British people.
In my opinion he is a liability on and off the pitch and we should offload him

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yep the sad fact with modern PC society is that you can call someone a white bitch with the minimum of fuss. You call someone a black bitch mind and you better prepare yourself for a shit storm because there's gonna be a large one coming your way.

Anyway if this is proven to be true then he's a despicable racist dickhead and should be fucked out of the club.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:what is it with that allgunsblazin and always equating it to his being albanian? i'm sure i'm not the first person to pick up on this? :|

So he's Kosovan,he will still walk away from it because in the politically correct UK it is acceptable to "racially" abuse white English/British people.
Yep, he ain't the sharpest tool in the box with an iq of a flip flop, what Wenger saw in him, I know not!...
When I have seen him play, I cringe as to how he tackles like an indiscrimate thug and we ain't talking 50:50 mate.

jaymitch81

Post by jaymitch81 »

Got no problem with him tbh. On or off the pitch.

Raggy

Post by Raggy »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

Yep, he ain't the sharpest tool in the box with an iq of a flip flop, what Wenger saw in him, I know not!...
When I have seen him play, I cringe as to how he tackles like an indiscrimate thug and we ain't talking 50:50 mate.
Actually he is not the worse tackler there is on our team.
According to Squawka, he has made 94 tackles in the epl this season drawing only 11 fouls. That's a stats of a player that is capable of dispossessing the opponent cleanly. In fact, in 44% of those challenges saw him come away with the ball.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Every other game he puts in a tackle that just makes you think what the fuck is he playing at? If we keep playing him he will keep getting sent off

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Why are so many judging him before anything has been proven? :?

if IF he has racially abused someone regardless of their colour, Creed, Culture - The Yup! Fuck him off asap, But if it is a false claim then :roll: Why is it people are so quick to judge? :?

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:Why are so many judging him before anything has been proven? :?

if IF he has racially abused someone regardless of their colour, Creed, Culture - The Yup! Fuck him off asap, But if it is a false claim then :roll: Why is it people are so quick to judge? :?

I agree with that, but I will also extend it to on the pitch judgements as well - the guy does seem reckless at times and I'm not disagreeing with that assessment, but I will say is that he is still young and is still acclimatizing to a new country and league, and I for one am willing to give him more time to settle down. He is far from the first player in our history to get stupid red cards on occasions, and some of those in the past actually went on to be pivotal players for us, so I think that writing him off after half a season is extremely harsh. We have been crying out for an aggressive midfielder for years, and now we have one who could be that player IF he is receives the proper guidance needed to channel his aggression properly

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Excuse my naivety,but a white man calls a white person white and he's accused of racism ,surely using the word bitch should be where people should be offended.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:Excuse my naivety,but a white man calls a white person white and he's accused of racism ,surely using the word bitch should be where people should be offended.
:lol:

Good spot, McD. People are so offended they aren't even sure which bit offends them! :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Excuse my naivety,but a white man calls a white person white and he's accused of racism ,surely using the word bitch should be where people should be offended.
It is strange, the only thing I can take from it is that he doesn't consider himself white or what we consider to be white anyway.

Why else use the word? I call people names all day....fuck off dickhead....why would I say fuck off you white/black dickhead for any other reason than to add to the slur?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Regarding Xhaka. He seems an average player. But as augie says, he is new to the PL and it's a bit rash to write him off already. The problem is that with Wenger there I don't hold out much hope for the manager "getting the best from him". :|

Regarding his red card on Sunday? Not a red for me. But then I'm a man, I grew up watching and playing a man's game, with contact in what is, after all, a contact sport you fucking whiney bitches. :oops: :lol: He didn't go in over the ball and catch the oppo player mid shin on his standing leg, he wasn't steaming in at pace in a totally reckless fashion. He went to the side of the player and barely caught him. How many of those did Vieira throw in during his heyday and oh how we cheered him on! Especially if Roy Keane was on the receiving end! :lol:

It was a foul, a yellow at worst. :roll:

BUT... :rubchin:

As the rules currently stand, yep it's a deffo red card because he was not in control and his feet were off the ground. A stupid rule, but it is the rule. And even though I don't think it was a red on Sunday, I do agree he is as thick as shite. He knows the rules so he needs to adapt his playing style to stay within the rules. Also, have you noticed he (like our last "hard man" Captain Stupid Flamoney :oops: :roll: ) has that penchant for throwing in these unnecessary tackles in nothing situations out on the half way line or the touchline? :|

Still, let's give him a season or two to settle in and see where he is at that point.

Probably Palace. :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Regarding Xhaka. He seems an average player. But as augie says, he is new to the PL and it's a bit rash to write him off already.
I would agree with that normally as there's definitely a "settling in" period when moving to a new league, however the fact that the sending off on Sunday was his ninth since 2014 you would have to conclude that his problems go far deeper than just having trouble adapting to the pace of the game in England.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Regarding Xhaka. He seems an average player. But as augie says, he is new to the PL and it's a bit rash to write him off already.
I would agree with that normally as there's definitely a "settling in" period when moving to a new league, however the fact that the sending off on Sunday was his ninth since 2014 you would have to conclude that his problems go far deeper than just having trouble adapting to the pace of the game in England.
I agree 100% rodders. But I was more talking about his skill level as a lot of people don't rate him. But tbh I think his lack of intelligence (so aptly demonstrated by these stupid tackle/lunges and avoidable red cards) will prevent him developing into a decent player. That and the fact his manager is shit. :roll:

If he was getting reds busting in last minute goal preventing tackles then you could say it was for the good of the team, but like Captain Stupid before him, he seems to only do these lunges out on the halfway line where they are totally unnecessary and indicate a selfish, self-centred attitude.

On Sunday he fouled Defour. Earlier in the game Defour put (what we used to call) a "reducer" on Xhaka so I think Xhaka saw him and wanted to return the compliment.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:Regarding Xhaka. He seems an average player. But as augie says, he is new to the PL and it's a bit rash to write him off already. The problem is that with Wenger there I don't hold out much hope for the manager "getting the best from him". :|

Regarding his red card on Sunday? Not a red for me. But then I'm a man, I grew up watching and playing a man's game, with contact in what is, after all, a contact sport you fucking whiney bitches. :oops: :lol: He didn't go in over the ball and catch the oppo player mid shin on his standing leg, he wasn't steaming in at pace in a totally reckless fashion. He went to the side of the player and barely caught him. How many of those did Vieira throw in during his heyday and oh how we cheered him on! Especially if Roy Keane was on the receiving end! :lol:

It was a foul, a yellow at worst. :roll:

BUT... :rubchin:

As the rules currently stand, yep it's a deffo red card because he was not in control and his feet were off the ground. A stupid rule, but it is the rule. And even though I don't think it was a red on Sunday, I do agree he is as thick as shite. He knows the rules so he needs to adapt his playing style to stay within the rules. Also, have you noticed he (like our last "hard man" Captain Stupid Flamoney :oops: :roll: ) has that penchant for throwing in these unnecessary tackles in nothing situations out on the half way line or the touchline? :|

Still, let's give him a season or two to settle in and see where he is at that point.

Probably Palace. :lol: :wink:

Thank you - I thought that I was the only one that thought that 8)

Two footed tackle imo is where a player jumps off the ground with both feet together in the direction of the opposition player - I felt that xhaka's tackle had his two feet wide apart (steady now :wink: ) and when the "tackle" is actually made, his two feet are on the ground and the opposition player's follow through is what actually makes the contact. In my mind the opposition play def made a meal of the tackle in a bid to get our player sent off, and I think that xhaka's reputation counted against him in this instance