Xhaka

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Xhaka

Post by robbo10 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:A waste of money who can't tackle for shit.
His bird's lovely though......

markyp

Post by markyp »

sick of seeing his face to be honest,more suited to Hollyoaks than playing for Arsenal

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Who the fuck taught him to tackle...Vinny Jones?..the bloke is a total liability

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I think this bloke will become the next EDU. Have a dodgy first season, but then come in to his own next year and become a firm fans favourite.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Rosie_titters wrote:I think this bloke will become the next EDU. Have a dodgy first season, but then come in to his own next year and become a firm fans favourite.
If spending half of the last 3.5 years in the stands hasn't tempered his disciplinary record then what will?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Someone listed above the players that Wenger ruined. The difference between those players is with most of them you could see they had some qualities when they arrived and you then saw that quality go to shit over a period of years. Xhaka was bang average when he arrived and has gone to total shit within a few months. Sorry, but we cannot blame this one on Wenger. :roll:

Xhaka has no footballing intelligence at all. He cannot pass effectively with any consistency, cannot tackle, and is a liability because of his habit of landing cowardly fouls and getting booked and sent off. And his hammer shot? We've seen it what? Once? Twice? Big deal. :roll:

The guy is a fucking moron. :|

REB

Post by REB »

bloke is shit tbh, what a waste of 35million.

Graham71

Post by Graham71 »

Rosie_titters wrote:I think this bloke will become the next EDU. Have a dodgy first season, but then come in to his own next year and become a firm fans favourite.
Edu's first season was blighted by injury not shit form.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:Someone listed above the players that Wenger ruined. The difference between those players is with most of them you could see they had some qualities when they arrived and you then saw that quality go to shit over a period of years. Xhaka was bang average when he arrived and has gone to total shit within a few months. Sorry, but we cannot blame this one on Wenger. :roll:

Xhaka has no footballing intelligence at all. He cannot pass effectively with any consistency, cannot tackle, and is a liability because of his habit of landing cowardly fouls and getting booked and sent off. And his hammer shot? We've seen it what? Once? Twice? Big deal. :roll:

Wenger was the one who spunked 35 m on him though!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Someone listed above the players that Wenger ruined. The difference between those players is with most of them you could see they had some qualities when they arrived and you then saw that quality go to shit over a period of years. Xhaka was bang average when he arrived and has gone to total shit within a few months. Sorry, but we cannot blame this one on Wenger. :roll:

Yep, but it's a given that Wenger is a moron, mate. :lol: :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:

Yep, but it's a given that Wenger is a moron, mate. :lol: :wink:
ha.

i actually thought after posting maybe he was a board signing like ozil was mooted to be, but then i thought it would be typical wenger to deliberately waste big money on someone he knew was shite, so he could turn around to those tell him to spend money, and say it doesnt gurantee quality or words to that effect...!

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Surely our scouting set up must apportion some off the blame
How much did we watch him play
Why did they think he was worth 35mill
Who's pulling the wool over our eyes here
Modern football is now run by fucking con men who hike prices where ever they can selling mediocre players for much more money than there worth , a bit like the housing market and look what happened there !!.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Graham71 wrote:
Edu's first season was blighted by injury not shit form.
Oh to have Edu now.....I thought he was a decent player

but what do I know I've not worked 30 years in football

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Kante scores goals, as well as everything else (especially not getting sent off). Great judgement, Wenger.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Our team is full of average midfielders. Kante is a one off tiny midfield machine. Anyone watching what he did last season should have sold their wife to buy him. Wenger got Xhaka and even worse the special one decided Pogba was worth 100 Billion !!
Conte just signed Kante very easily.

So yes Xhaka is another failure to add to a massive list over the last 10 years.