Other Cup Games

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: Other Cup Games

Post by GranadaJoe »

Before Xmas Klopp was getting plaudits from all over the place, but his team selection today was bizarre. Having lost two home games in a row and having won only one game this year, he picked a weaker team than even AW would ever consider, and it was great to see Wolves roll them over.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Who is the woman doing the commentry on the Palace v City game. Bloody awful, get rid ffs... Sounds like the shit commentry you get on those fifa games.

Hold your head in shame BBC.....

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I know I've been out of the country for some time, but since when did Millwall (no-one likes us) wear stripes!?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Craig Eastmond (ex Arsenal) is now the star player at Sutton United. Match v Leeds from 2pm.

It's interesting to see where these "project youth" players end up :D

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Lincoln city beat Brighton yesterday - are absolutely flying at the moment. Would love Arsenal vs Imps. Fingers crossed.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

GranadaJoe wrote:I know I've been out of the country for some time, but since when did Millwall (no-one likes us) wear stripes!?
Can't answer your question, but they did change from Blue to White a few years back because some psychologist type said it was less angry than blue.. Suppose they have a happy mix now.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

More "upsets", Watford and Hull crashing out to lower league teams with can't be arsed performances. What a joke this competition now is.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rosie_titters wrote:Who is the woman doing the commentry on the Palace v City game. Bloody awful, get rid ffs... Sounds like the shit commentry you get on those fifa games.

I don't wish to sound chauvinistic about this, but every time I hear a female commentator/ reporter on %Live etc doing football - it reminds me of an over excited 10 yer old boy shouting at the top of their voice. The two just do not go together. :? :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:I know I've been out of the country for some time, but since when did Millwall (no-one likes us) wear stripes!?
Was thinking the same thing :?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Why the fuck and how the fuck is Man United v Wigan the chosen cup game for BBC1 this afternoon?

Is there some rule where they have to show Man Utd no matter who they're playing? Showing the best supported team on a commercial channel I could understand more if its about viewing figure and revenue but that shouldn't apply to the fucking BBC.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:Why the fuck and how the fuck is Man United v Wigan the chosen cup game for BBC1 this afternoon?

Is there some rule where they have to show Man Utd no matter who they're playing? Showing the best supported team on a commercial channel I could understand more if its about viewing figure and revenue but that shouldn't apply to the fucking BBC.
This is their 56th consecutive live FA Cup game...I suppose they are holders..

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Leeds also gone... :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:Leeds also gone... :barscarf:

Good leeds = bun o cun.ts. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:Who is the woman doing the commentry on the Palace v City game. Bloody awful, get rid ffs... Sounds like the shit commentry you get on those fifa games.

I don't wish to sound chauvinistic about this, but every time I hear a female commentator/ reporter on %Live etc doing football - it reminds me of an over excited 10 yer old boy shouting at the top of their voice. The two just do not go together. :? :oops:

misogynist :D :D :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Can't answer your question, but they did change from Blue to White a few years back because some psychologist type said it was less angry than blue.. Suppose they have a happy mix now.
I thought prison wear was arrows not stripes ?