Watford (H) | PL | Tue 31 Jan 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Watford (H) | PL | Tue 31 Jan 19:45

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:
augie wrote:I'm sure Steve O will be thrilled to hear that cech is slating his team-mates in today's Sun for their performance v Watford :lol: :lol:
I think Cech is part of the problem. Personally i think his best days are behind him and id play Ospina
I concur, apart from 1 mad rush out of goal Ospina instilled more confidence than Cech, hope we don't get to the point we did we Seaman, where he was pretty much a liability at the end.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

flash gunner wrote:
augie wrote:I'm sure Steve O will be thrilled to hear that cech is slating his team-mates in today's Sun for their performance v Watford :lol: :lol:
I think Cech is part of the problem. Personally i think his best days are behind him and id play Ospina
100% agree. This is the keeper who was bought to win us those additional points to turn us into champions. The list of points he's dropped is too long to publish (as is the list of penalties conceded and shots from outside the area). The bloke was undoubtedly a great Chelsea keeper in the early Mourinho years and up there with the best the PL has seen.....but years after his career threatening injury and once the Chavs had signed Courtois, he was yesterday's man. Time for Pickford or Butland to be signed, or as you say, opt for Ospina instead. Apart from that Be All and End All clanger when he chucked the corner in his own net, he hasn't made anywhere near the number of individual errors that old Planky has made

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:on the old frauds post press conference, he did not seem to bothered about losing.....we fucking care more than him...fucking hate the bastrad

so he gave them 2 days off as a reward....no wonder he says its paradise for players....just us sad *word censored*, supporters who suffer

WENGER OUT OLD WANKER
I guess £8.5m -£10m a season does tend to soften the blow a little bit eh ?

If he couldn't see, from the best seats in the house, just how piss poor they were, how they literally haven't got a clue on being organised, tracking runners, and how god awful the slow paced monotonous sideways shit he calls "beautiful football" then he really does need to be sectioned.

BTW saw a John Cross article - on sheworeayellowribbon facebook page claiming it was just one game :banghead: :banghead: arselicking :censored:

https://www.facebook.com/shewore/?ref=p ... NE&fref=nf

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

SteveO 35 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
100% agree. This is the keeper who was bought to win us those additional points to turn us into champions. The list of points he's dropped is too long to publish (as is the list of penalties conceded and shots from outside the area). The bloke was undoubtedly a great Chelsea keeper in the early Mourinho years and up there with the best the PL has seen.....but years after his career threatening injury and once the Chavs had signed Courtois, he was yesterday's man. Time for Pickford or Butland to be signed, or as you say, opt for Ospina instead. Apart from that Be All and End All clanger when he chucked the corner in his own net, he hasn't made anywhere near the number of individual errors that old Planky has made
I'd like to see us sign jack Butland, and I was reasonably happy with Ospina, but I think you're OTT with Cech. He's a massive improvement on Szczesny and I think you'd be hard pressed to name more than a couple of games when he's cost us points. He's made a lot of top saves and it's not his fault that the other 10 players can't muster a shot on target in the whole of a first half against shit opposition.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
I'd like to see us sign jack Butland, and I was reasonably happy with Ospina, but I think you're OTT with Cech. He's a massive improvement on Szczesny and I think you'd be hard pressed to name more than a couple of games when he's cost us points. He's made a lot of top saves and it's not his fault that the other 10 players can't muster a shot on target in the whole of a first half against shit opposition.
Don't agree at all - he's utter shite and not even in the top 10 keepers in the PL. Way past his best, and worse then Chesney

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Don't agree at all - he's utter shite and not even in the top 10 keepers in the PL. Way past his best, and worse then Chesney
Another fuck up today

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Don't agree about Cech.
Yes, he made a right clanger for the 3rd goal on Saturday but you quite easily forget the times he has saved us.
I played in goal for various teams since 9 years old and to a decent enough level (Minerva South Midlands/Spartan League level).
Although, obviously not the same standard but the principle is the same. Playing regularly behind a poor defence brings your own performance down. As they say, a goalkeeper is only as good as those in front on him, which to a certain extent is true.
There are only so many times and so many performances that you can produce before your level will drop when mistake after mistake is happening in front of you and then when getting goal after goal going passed you because of that, it does affect your performance.
Sure, he has made mistakes and he isn't on the same level as 10 years ago but worse than Ospina................no way.
Good goalkeepers make things look easy, they don't make spectacular dives for the easiest of shots.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Worse than Chesney! Sorry no he fucking ain't. Cech is past his best. But even on a bad day he is 10 times the keeper Chesney was is or ever will be. :lol: You can't just make shit up SteveO! The whole Diaby debacle demonstrated that surely! :D :wink:

I'd give Ospina a run this season but tbh I'd look to replace him with better too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We should have signed Lloris before he went to the scum for me he and the chavcunt (name??) are the best keepers in the prem. :?