Bumholing at the bridge.. 4th place trophy..Sat 4th Feb 1230 Sky Sports

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Bumholing at the bridge.. 4th place trophy..Sat 4th Feb 1230 Sky Sports

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Nick Bendtners Ego wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
phpBB [video]

I know that quite a number of Gooners do not like DT etc Nor even ArsenalFanTV - But this is a Good Post Match Interview.

edit: It is also far more honest and insightful than anything Wenger has said in many a year.

One of the few on this Circus freak show that is worth listening to. Everything he said is on the button and everything that a well paid ex pro like Neville is paid to say but can't or won't. That Ty in the backround ? Sorta looks like him except he's not jumping around with that large Club shop dildo hanging outta his rectum. Looks very subdued, a reality check perhaps ?
The dull cun.t lives in Wengy World.

phpBB [video]

He really doesn't inhabit the same world of you and I.
See hes still hanging around in the dark the game finished by 2:30 :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:Anyone see Sanchez find a teammate with a pass yesterday?

Looked fucked off from minute one.
Yeah, he was awful. He is going through one of his off-form phases. The fact he goes through one every season is why he didn't cut it at The Whores. He doesn't have a full season at that level in him unfortunately. He is a great player but not a world class player. I like Sanchez, love his commitment and honest effort, but he is a bit limited as a player. Whereas Ozil could excel to world class levels with the right players around him (as he did for two seasons at Madrid) Sanchez would only improve to a certain level and I don't think it would be "world class". If we could merge Ozil's vision, technical ability and genius with Sanchez's effort, stamina and die hard spirit we'd have the best player in the world. That might seem harsh on Sanchez (and I'm not saying all he has is stamina and commitment, he is a great player too no doubt) but you have to ask yourself why the Whores let him go and why only a couple of big clubs were in for him. As I say, he is a great player but certainly not world class.

The thing that bugs me is Wenger will keep playing him instead of dropping him because like Ozil, Giroud and The Welsh Messi-Lite, he is one of Wenger's favourites and will get picked once fit, no matter how shit he plays. :roll:

On Saturday every one of them was gash so can't really single one player out. But a couple months ago (I can't remember which game) the two worst players on the pitch were Ozil and Sanchez and Wenger left both on for 90 minutes. :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Its happen b4 , Chelsea turned up like a team going for the title !
Arsenal turn up like a tema going through the motions.
10 mins Huff and puff before melting !
A Bumholing by Bayern followed by a run in the league to snatch a chumps league place will now follow !
Only the Cup remains for our entertainment this year !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Its happen b4 , Chelsea turned up like a team going for the title !
Arsenal turn up like a tema going through the motions.
10 mins Huff and puff before melting !
A Bumholing by Bayern followed by a run in the league to snatch a chumps league place will now follow !
Only the Cup remains for our entertainment this year !
Cue on pitch selflies when we snatch the 4th place trophy from the scum on the final day.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah, he was awful. He is going through one of his off-form phases. The fact he goes through one every season is why he didn't cut it at The Whores. He doesn't have a full season at that level in him unfortunately. He is a great player but not a world class player. I like Sanchez, love his commitment and honest effort, but he is a bit limited as a player. Whereas Ozil could excel to world class levels with the right players around him (as he did for two seasons at Madrid) Sanchez would only improve to a certain level and I don't think it would be "world class". If we could merge Ozil's vision, technical ability and genius with Sanchez's effort, stamina and die hard spirit we'd have the best player in the world. That might seem harsh on Sanchez (and I'm not saying all he has is stamina and commitment, he is a great player too no doubt) but you have to ask yourself why the Whores let him go and why only a couple of big clubs were in for him. As I say, he is a great player but certainly not world class.

The thing that bugs me is Wenger will keep playing him instead of dropping him because like Ozil, Giroud and The Welsh Messi-Lite, he is one of Wenger's favourites and will get picked once fit, no matter how shit he plays. :roll:

On Saturday every one of them was gash so can't really single one player out. But a couple months ago (I can't remember which game) the two worst players on the pitch were Ozil and Sanchez and Wenger left both on for 90 minutes. :roll:

But tbf DB10, couldn't the same argument be made about madrid letting ozil go ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Possibly, but Ozil had the highest assists record 2 years running in all European leagues whilst at Madrid and I recall Madrid fans players and the Spanish media giving out shit about the sale of Ozil. No such objections from the whores players or their fans when they sold Sanchez says everything.

My point is I think we are seeing all Sanchez has to give whereas if Ozil had better players and a manager that understood tactics we could get more from Ozil at a far higher level than maybe we would get out of a Sanchez. But who knows maybe Sanchez too would become world class given better team mates and a decent manager?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Possibly, but Ozil had the highest assists record 2 years running in all European leagues whilst at Madrid and I recall Madrid fans players and the Spanish media giving out shit about the sale of Ozil. No such objections from the whores players or their fans when they sold Sanchez says everything.

My point is I think we are seeing all Sanchez has to give whereas if Ozil had better players and a manager that understood tactics we could get more from Ozil at a far higher level than maybe we would get out of a Sanchez. But who knows maybe Sanchez too would become world class given better team mates and a decent manager?
I think thats very harsh on Sanchez he's been by far our best player this season IMO and with the right manager/players he would be even better. You can count his bad matches this season on one hand

NickF

Post by NickF »

There was one moment in the second half that summed it up for me. One of our defenders plays the ball out to Ozil, which is intercepted by a Chelsea player. Ozil then justs strolls back making absolutely no attempt to win the ball back.

With an attitude like that, it is no wonder we will not win anything. The frustrating thing is Ozil has the talent to be one of the best in the world but it is his attitude that lets him down.

Herd

Post by Herd »

There is something very wrong and very FAKE in that DT interview still Pic above !

Can anyone Guess what it is ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I think thats very harsh on Sanchez he's been by far our best player this season IMO and with the right manager/players he would be even better. You can count his bad matches this season on one hand
Then you need to read it again.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Then you need to read it again.
but you have to ask yourself why the Whores let him go and why only a couple of big clubs were in for him.
This is the harsh part IMO or have i got the wrong end of the stick?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
but you have to ask yourself why the Whores let him go and why only a couple of big clubs were in for him.
How is that harsh? It is a fact the Whores let him go and I believe only Liverpool and us were in for him.

Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled we signed him but when we say he's our best player what are we comparing him to really? Walcott Ramsey Giroud Coq Elneny Xhaka the Ox? That's a pretty low bar tbh. When he had Messi Iniesta and Xavi around him he wasn't the best player there.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
How is that harsh? It is a fact the Whores let him go and I believe only Liverpool and us were in for him.

Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled we signed him but when we say he's our best player what are we comparing him to really? Walcott Ramsey Giroud Coq Elneny Xhaka the Ox? That's a pretty low bar tbh. When he had Messi Iniesta and Xavi around him he wasn't the best player there.
but surely youre saying not many clubs were interested and barca let him go its implying he isn't a great player, which is harsh IMO many a great player including your namesake has been let go by clubs doesnt mean they aren't great. He is by far our best player (again IMO) and i wonder if playing with the better players of past, not so long ago, Arsenal eras he could have given some of them a run for a place in the team

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

but surely youre saying not many clubs were interested and barca let him go its implying he isn't a great player, which is harsh IMO many a great player including your namesake has been let go by clubs doesnt mean they aren't great. He is by far our best player (again IMO) and i wonder if playing with the better players of past, not so long ago, Arsenal eras he could have given some of them a run for a place in the team
I've no idea how many clubs were "interested" but by all accounts only 2 clubs made firm offers: us and the mousers.

Also you are misquoting me. I clearly said he is a great player but not a world class player. I agree he is our best player. Although I think Ozil is a far superior technical player with better vision there is no denying Sanchez is our most effective player because Ozil drifts in and out of games and seems constantly deppressed by the average and shit players around him. As I said if you could combine Ozil and Sanchez you'd have the best player in the world.

Again I would say that Sanchez is our best player but compared to what? The bar is low.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I'd suggest that because ozil needs the team around him to be on top form for him to perform whereas sanchez usually doesn't as evidence that the opposite is true. In fact madrid s big criticism of ozil was that he never performed in big games and went into hiding, perhaps explains why their fans weren't upset about him leaving.

Modric has taken his place ar real and has been a super acquisition for them. Personally I'd love it if we went in for Modric, would also fuck the scum off if got him. Even better- bale too :barscarf: