The Chav Plank or Ospina?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The Chav Plank or Ospina?

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ospina is not the answer. :roll: He went from the sublime (great reactionary one-handed save, but most keepers would make that save) to the ridiculous (charging out like a headless chicken with his arse on fire for the one that ultimately hit the cross bar). He was at fault for their second goal; he started to come out, panicked and stepped back offering the Bayern player the whole goal. If you start to come out to clear that ball then have the conviction to go all out and hit that ball ffs. He also instills nerves in the back four.

Having said that he made a couple of good saves but in all honesty you'd expect any top flight keeper to make them. He is more agile than Cech but not as calm, and not better at commanding his area.

A.N. Other for me and the sooner the better. :|

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Absolutely DB10. I would play him for now but he is straight out the AW school of panicky goalkeepers who is always prone to a fuck-up.

augie

Post by augie »

Ospina is getting slated in this morning's meeja - I thought he did ok tbh :shock: :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:Ospina is getting slated in this morning's meeja - I thought he did ok tbh :shock: :shock:
Didn't close the guy down for the third when he was struggling to find his feet and would have probably struggled to slot it away. Did his usual once a game Szczesny/Fabianski charging out and not getting near the balk which nearly cost us a goal. Made a few handy saves and that one of the corner was excellent.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

officepest wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:The sight of bell-end head smiling and joking with Robben at the end of the game summed it up for me. Fuck off.
Love your turn of phrase, Perry. :lol:
Thanks. I love your avatar. The face of that fat kid at the Wanker love-in always makes me laugh.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
officepest wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:The sight of bell-end head smiling and joking with Robben at the end of the game summed it up for me. Fuck off.
Thanks. I love your avatar. The face of that fat kid at the Wanker love-in always makes me laugh.
He's a hero, isn't he?

Poor fella must be locked in a dark room somewhere after yesterday's sex-crime in Bavaria. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
Me too. He's so... passionate... :oops: :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
officepest wrote:
Me too. He's so... passionate... :oops: :lol:

He's such a real fan with real patience.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Ospina again showing that his only real positive trait is that he isn't Cech.

Come back Wojciech, all is forgiven :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:Ospina again showing that his only real positive trait is that he isn't Cech.

Come back Wojciech, all is forgiven :oops:
Yep, Ospina was awful last night. He is so error prone - and most of them from no real pressure or threat. Seems to create the problem himself. We've never replaced Lehmann - who was a clown on more than one occasion, and who I still blame for us not winning the CL in 04 and 06 (along with big game bottle-job Henry in 06).

But of course goalkeeper is not a position that Wenger worries about as GK's don't play tippy tappy out on the pitch... :roll:

Chesney? :shock: No. Just no. :lol: :wink:

officepest

Post by officepest »

Dunno if it is his lack of game-time or of grey matter, but every time the ball goes near him I can feel my blood pressure rising to dangerous levels.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

officepest wrote:Dunno if it is his lack of game-time or of grey matter, but every time the ball goes near him I can feel my blood pressure rising to dangerous levels.
You can just see that the defence hate playing with him too. Just so unpredictable.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:Dunno if it is his lack of game-time or of grey matter, but every time the ball goes near him I can feel my blood pressure rising to dangerous levels.
Me too. Ospina always looks about 5 seconds and one brainfart from a serious mistake. He has no "presence" in the box. He is too quiet, doesn't command the back 4 or his area. The best keepers have a presence about them. They are either dominating, domineering characters like the racist Schmeichel or they are calm and instill confidence like Seamo.

Ospina is neither. The defence always look more relaxed with the past-his-best chelsea Pensioner behind them. :|

officepest

Post by officepest »

Agree with both previous posts.

Ospina is simply too erratic to be considered a long-term solution and Cech is ready for the knacker's yard.

The Arsenal goalkeeping search has been ongoing for the past decade, and shows no signs of being resolved anytime soon. Still stunned that Wenker ignored (fellow frenchman to boot) Lloris...

Graham71

Post by Graham71 »

officepest wrote:Agree with both previous posts.

Ospina is simply too erratic to be considered a long-term solution and Cech is ready for the knacker's yard.

The Arsenal goalkeeping search has been ongoing for the past decade, and shows no signs of being resolved anytime soon. Still stunned that Wenker ignored (fellow frenchman to boot) Lloris...
Sport on Lloris was top class at Lyon when we had the 4 clowns Szczesny Flappy Mannone and Almunia fighting for the number 1 spot.For years the Spuds had shite keepers now its us.But as we all know TOF knows everything about the French league.Kante anyone?