ArsenalFanTV v Gary Neville

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
VoiceOfReason

Re: ArsenalFanTV v Gary Neville

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Agree with many posts above.

Thought this was completely embarrassing, in many different ways. Firstly, it seemed the main agenda was to get Neville to accept and/or endorse Arsenal Fan TV as a legitimate platform. That seemed the primary purpose of the entire interview.

Then, the debate that they did have seem to be centred around 'freedom of speech', rather than the actual issue at hand (i.e. whether or not Wenger should continue). The fans spoke at length about whether it's okay to hold up a banner - rather than the content itself - and then embarrassed themselves by overreacting to clown emojis and going off on tangents about whether or not it was Arsenal Fan TV shooting outside Stamford Bridge. Who cares? You've finally got a chance to fire back at pundits who continue to support Wenger, why waste this half an hour talking about all this fucking nonsense?

It was also sickening to see these supposed fans sucking up to Neville and almost begging for his endorsement. Imagine, back in 2004, if you could foresee a scenario in which Arsenal fans were sitting around a room having a laugh with Neville and sucking up to him in the hopes that he might offer them some kind of validation. Absolutely pathetic and yet another nail in this club's coffin.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The whole thing is just an embarrassing vanity project that is unfortunately seen as the authoritative voice of Arsenal fans across the spectrum by many.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:Agree with many posts above.

Thought this was completely embarrassing, in many different ways. Firstly, it seemed the main agenda was to get Neville to accept and/or endorse Arsenal Fan TV as a legitimate platform. That seemed the primary purpose of the entire interview.

Then, the debate that they did have seem to be centred around 'freedom of speech', rather than the actual issue at hand (i.e. whether or not Wenger should continue). The fans spoke at length about whether it's okay to hold up a banner - rather than the content itself - and then embarrassed themselves by overreacting to clown emojis and going off on tangents about whether or not it was Arsenal Fan TV shooting outside Stamford Bridge. Who cares? You've finally got a chance to fire back at pundits who continue to support Wenger, why waste this half an hour talking about all this fucking nonsense?

It was also sickening to see these supposed fans sucking up to Neville and almost begging for his endorsement. Imagine, back in 2004, if you could foresee a scenario in which Arsenal fans were sitting around a room having a laugh with Neville and sucking up to him in the hopes that he might offer them some kind of validation. Absolutely pathetic and yet another nail in this club's coffin.
Overall yes a bit cringeworthy, but thought DT came across as articulate and well reasoned, got his point about the banners over well........

Trouble with this sort of channel is they are always going to highlight the "characters" as they are more interesting and draw more reaction, either negative or positive.....they do have remarkable viewing figures though

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Yes, DT did come across as passionate and well reasoned, but I still felt he was mostly concentrating on his right to protest, rather than what he was actually protesting about.

StanleyIpkiss

Post by StanleyIpkiss »

I agree. All of them have personal agendas and use Arsenal's misery to exploit that. I'd love to see the difference in viewing figures for when Arsenal win to lose. I bet it's a gulf between them. When Wengers gone can see it dying down. Who wants to see them happy after a game?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

StanleyIpkiss wrote:

I agree. All of them have personal agendas and use Arsenal's misery to exploit that. I'd love to see the difference in viewing figures for when Arsenal win to lose. I bet it's a gulf between them. When Wengers gone can see it dying down. Who wants to see them happy after a game?
Robbie was on 5Live the other day with some arse from a similar (City) fan TV bollocks-thing. He said prior to the bumming at the bridge that their highest rated spot was the reverse fixture at the Conglomerates.

It's monetised now, so it's in their interests to have borderline mantal cases like Ty et al as it means more clicks, as so coin, for them. Can't watch the stuff now; cringeworthy.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Should have asked him if Man Utd were after a new manager tomorrow and could only look to current PL managers, which 2 or 3 Premier League managers would he want them to look at? For all his faults, Wenger is probably still one of the best ten managers in English football - and I say that not sarcastically. He's still a "good" (ish) manager who can put together a respectable side, even though his tactical and in game management is average at best. But he's so far off the likes of Guardiola, Conte, Klopp, Pochettino and other elite younger managers it's unreal.

So why should Arsenal settle for second rate when the club could attract one of the top ten managers in Europe? Is it idiotic to want Conte or Simeone next season rather than Wenger?

jmp442

Post by jmp442 »

Agree with the general consensus .....such a missed opportunity for them. Obviously got them a load of views on youtube and some new subscribers but it came across very amateurish and petty. All, bar DT's q's about the banners, asked pretty much the same thing with Neville giving the same answer time and time again.