Who can be salvaged?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Who can be salvaged?

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:Anyone who watched hazard for the chavs today, will see the reason why Gooners are turning against ozil in increasing numbers - the chavs were playing against a physical and defensive team who have an outstanding home record, and hazard never stopped running, and looked to get on the ball as much as possible. Maybe technically hazard isn't as good as ozil, but he is still a top quality player, and his influence on games far exceeds ozil :( Today is exactly the type of game and atmosphere that would see ozil goes awol :roll: :x
And yet for all Hazard's running around the champions-elect only managed a draw. :rubchin:

His influence yesterday was zilch augie. :roll: :lol: He failed to create space with all his movement, he only had one half decent shot which IIRC went a mile over the bar and he looked as frustrated as Ozil often looks. Maybe you picked the wrong game to use Hazard to prove a point...? :lol:

TBH I rate Hazard very highly, always have, but compared to Ozil he plays in a team with better players around him and with a manager that has some inkling of tactics and in-game management. Put Hazard in our team and I doubt he would look as good as he often does in that chav team. I don't think you can just flat compare Hazard to Ozil. Context is everything.

I absolutely agree with the highlighted part DB10, and not for one second did I say that hazard played well yesterday - what I said was that the chavs were in a dogfight yesterday in a hostile away ground, and that hazard never stopped battling to drive his team forward to try and grab all 3pts. He didn't hide and didn't use a pedestrian costa (moves around less than giroud lately :roll: ) as an excuse, but rolled up his sleeves and showed that he was prepared to do the dirty work with his team-mates - bearing in mind that this is the same arrogant c.unt that basically went on strike last year to force moaninho out

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone see the interview with the german footie journalist on ssn this morning ? He absolutely slated ozil - criticized his woeful body language, criticized his work ethic and criticized his contribution in the big games. He said that german fans cannot understand how he is classed as a key player for AFC, as they don't see the type of player that can be a key player for any team (I'm paraphrasing slightly with his words)

Who wants to tell DB10 that the german's don't actually love ozil after all ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Anyone see the interview with the german footie journalist on ssn this morning ? He absolutely slated ozil - criticized his woeful body language, criticized his work ethic and criticized his contribution in the big games. He said that german fans cannot understand how he is classed as a key player for AFC, as they don't see the type of player that can be a key player for any team (I'm paraphrasing slightly with his words)

Who wants to tell DB10 that the german's don't actually love ozil after all ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Ah well that settles it. German football "journalist" on Sky said it. Must be true. Yep. You are right augie. I am wrong. Ozil is shit. If only Martin O'Neill had got the Arsenal manager's job, huh augs? He'd have gotten the best from Ozil.

:lol: :wink: :wink:

To put the sarcasm aside for a moment, what is your point? Are you saying "all" German fans don't rate the bloke who provides most of their national team's assists? Or just a few idiots? What is the German for "Robbie Savage"? Anyone? :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sorry, Martin - oops, I mean augie... the Daily Fail? Really? Will we just leave it here now...? :oops: :oops:

:barscarf: :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Man don't spoil my enjoyment of taking the piss out of you today :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Man don't spoil my enjoyment of taking the piss out of you today :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Sorry. Do proceed. :lol:

dano

Post by dano »

after last night, is there any player that can be turned into a good Arsenal player with a new manager? or, has all the good-ness potential already been coached out of them?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

dano wrote:after last night, is there any player that can be turned into a good Arsenal player with a new manager? or, has all the good-ness potential already been coached out of them?
Fair point, mate. :|

For me a new manager (Allegri or Simeone or whoever) could certainly turn some of the current squad around, but would just as likely offload a few.

It really depends on what style of play the manager brings with them, because there are very few managers that try to wedge players into a set system no matter if the player is good enough or suited to that system. Most will look at what they have and either build the system around the ability of the players they have - or if they subscribe to a certain style of play or system, they will offload ill-suited players and bring in players they know that can play that system.

Of course some players just are not good enough and you'd hope a new manager would free up wages by offloading them.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

I think the majority have a chance under a new manager. Only a few (Walcott, Coquelin and Gabriel being good examples) probably don't actually have the technical ability to be quality players for us.

The rest I think should get a chance to adapt to a different coaching and tactical approach. We've seen the likes of Ramsey play well for Wales but look a liability for us.

Doesn't mean all of the squad will make it with attitude being a problem regardless of who is in charge and I'm sure some players will be shipped out straight away to free up cash.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Nah, none; they'll all tainted from years of soul-destroying shit under Wenger.

Sell the lot for scrap and start again.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

officepest wrote:Nah, none; they'll all tainted from years of soul-destroying shit under Wenger.

But aren't they the best squad he's ever had ? :rubchin:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

StuartL wrote:
officepest wrote:Nah, none; they'll all tainted from years of soul-destroying shit under Wenger.

But aren't they the best squad he's ever had ? :rubchin:
Wenger said so, must be legit. :rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Keep,... Ospina if he is happy not to be first choice, Bellerin, Koscielny, Oxlade-Chamberlain (not everyone's choice but think he has something) Ozil, Sanchez (hopefully they would stay) Welbeck(same as Ox)

Car boot sale..Cech. Gibbs Monreal, Mertesacker , Gabriel. Ramsey, Coquelin, Giroud, Walcott, Xhaka,

Undecided on... Mustafi, Iwobi

Herd

Post by Herd »

the more i see of mustafi the more i want holding to play.