Who can be salvaged?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Who can be salvaged?

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Keep,... Ospina if he is happy not to be first choice, Bellerin, Koscielny, Oxlade-Chamberlain (not everyone's choice but think he has something) Ozil, Sanchez (hopefully they would stay) Welbeck(same as Ox)

Car boot sale..Cech. Gibbs Monreal, Mertesacker , Gabriel. Ramsey, Coquelin, Giroud, Walcott, Xhaka,

Undecided on... Mustafi, Iwobi
Really? Keep Welbeck and off load Giroud? :lol: Welbeck is like a slightly shitter version of Giroud but without the ability to link up play. Off load both and buy an actual top class striker would be my call.

Used to agree on the Ox, always thought a good manager would get results with him but now I think the Ox does not have the brain or confidence to be a top player... still, you never know... :?

Agree on the rest.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Keep,... Ospina if he is happy not to be first choice, Bellerin, Koscielny, Oxlade-Chamberlain (not everyone's choice but think he has something) Ozil, Sanchez (hopefully they would stay) Welbeck(same as Ox)

Car boot sale..Cech. Gibbs Monreal, Mertesacker , Gabriel. Ramsey, Coquelin, Giroud, Walcott, Xhaka,

Really? Keep Welbeck and off load Giroud? :lol: Welbeck is like a slightly shitter version of Giroud but without the ability to link up play. Off load both and buy an actual top class striker would be my call.

Used to agree on the Ox, always thought a good manager would get results with him but now I think the Ox does not have the brain or confidence to be a top player... still, you never know... :?

Agree on the rest.
Would rather keep Welbeck than Giroud as he offers more in terms of mobility. Giroud is too static and too egotistical also..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Agree on the rest.
Would rather keep Welbeck than Giroud as he offers more in terms of mobility. Giroud is too static and too egotistical also..
Haha have you ever seen Welbeck being interviewed mate??!! :shock: Ego WAAAAAYYY beyond his talent. For me, all Welbeck has is a bit of mobility, but his finishing, his touch, and his ability to link up play are all worse than Giroud's.

TBH it's a nothing argument, as neither are good enough to be first choice in a team looking to in the PL or CL. :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Agree on the rest.
Haha have you ever seen Welbeck being interviewed mate??!! :shock: Ego WAAAAAYYY beyond his talent. For me, all Welbeck has is a bit of mobility, but his finishing, his touch, and his ability to link up play are all worse than Giroud's.

TBH it's a nothing argument, as neither are good enough to be first choice in a team looking to in the PL or CL. :lol:
Agree with you on that, just find Welbeck's onfield attitude better.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Agree on the rest.

Agree with you on that, just find Welbeck's onfield attitude better.
True. As much as I don't rate Welbeck as a top player, when I see him come on as a sub I actually think "he might get us something here". Absolutely cannot fault his onfield attitude. Just wish he was more talented. :|

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Agree on the rest.
Jenkinson, Sanogo Debuchy also bin that lot

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

Good, we are shit aren't we.
When you look at our squad it's full of utter garbage. Makes for bleak reading. :|
There's so much work to be done, which is why I won't mind a few seasons out of the top six if it means a fresh start.

markyp

Post by markyp »

as much as giroud is a nightmare alot of the time I think deployed as one of a front two he would be very effective,he aint world class but bags his fair share of goals leading the line on his own,id have loved to have seen him and Pod as a front two,

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

markyp wrote:as much as giroud is a nightmare alot of the time I think deployed as one of a front two he would be very effective,he aint world class but bags his fair share of goals leading the line on his own,id have loved to have seen him and Pod as a front two,
He has shown this season that he can be a nightmare to handle off the bench and give us an extra dimension.

He has also shown this season, last season (with his 15-game PL goalless streak at the business end of the season) and every season since he's been here that he isn't good enough to be a first choice striker for a side that has serious aspirations of winning titles.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Keep:
Sanchez
Iwobi
Kos
Mustafi
Bellerin
Nacho (squad player)
Giroud (bench)
Welbeck (bench)
Wilsh (give him one more season)
Ox
Holding
El Neney
Coq
Xhaxa
Cazorla
Gabriel (4th choice CB)
Ospina (number 2)

Out:
Gibbs
Cech
Ramsey
Perez
Sanogo
Chambers
Walcott
Debuchy
Mertesacker

wibble

Post by wibble »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:Keep:
Sanchez
Iwobi
Kos
Mustafi
Bellerin
Nacho (squad player)
Giroud (bench)
Welbeck (bench)
Ox
Holding
El Neney
Coq
Xhaxa
Cazorla
Gabriel (4th choice CB)
Ospina (number 2)

Out:
Gibbs
Cech
Ramsey
Perez
Sanogo
Chambers
Walcott
Debuchy
Mertesacker
Would get rid of Gabriel and have Holding as 4th choice centre back.
We really need to strengthen defensive midfield role so keeping all of Coq, Elneny and Xhaka would be madness IMO.
However you look at it, all of these different lists highligh how much deadwood there is in our squad

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Koscienly, Mustafi, Bellerin, Xhaka, Iwobi, Sanchez, Welbeck that's about it.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Agree on the rest.
Jenkinson, Sanogo Debuchy also bin that lot

I had forgotten about those three , yes bin them immediatly..Like Jenkinson for what he is but he isn't good enough

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Sanchez
Iwobi
Kos
Mustafi
Bellerin
Nacho (squad player)
Giroud (bench)
Welbeck (bench)
Ox
Holding
El Neney
Coq
Xhaxa
Cazorla
Gabriel (4th choice CB)
Ospina (number 2)

Out:
Gibbs
Cech
Ramsey
Perez
Sanogo
Chambers
Walcott
Debuchy
Mertesacker
Looking at that list it's frightening just how little the squad has improved from the "deadwood" era of Denilson the Crab, Barry Bender, Djourou etc.

So much money spent, so little improvement. 4th then, probably 4th now.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

wibble wrote:
Sanchez
Iwobi
Kos
Mustafi
Bellerin
Nacho (squad player)
Giroud (bench)
Welbeck (bench)
Ox
Holding
El Neney
Coq
Xhaxa
Cazorla
Gabriel (4th choice CB)
Ospina (number 2)

Out:
Gibbs
Cech
Ramsey
Perez
Sanogo
Chambers
Walcott
Debuchy
Mertesacker
Would get rid of Gabriel and have Holding as 4th choice centre back.
We really need to strengthen defensive midfield role so keeping all of Coq, Elneny and Xhaka would be madness IMO.
However you look at it, all of these different lists highligh how much deadwood there is in our squad
Xhaka isn't a DM, he's more of a CM.

Yeah, we have so much deadwood we may as well light a damn fire and start again. :cry: