Bayern Munich (A) | CL R16 | Wed 15 Feb 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Brady's left peg

Re: Bayern Munich (A) | CL R16 | Wed 15 Feb 19:45

Post by Brady's left peg »

Don't worry once we've beaten the mighty Sutton utd everything will again be rosy in the Wenger garden! :oops: :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Large are the mountains of poo this winters night !
High on Hampstead Heath I stand
inhaling the acrid smell of the midden that is Arsenal.
Sutton must fancy themselves at this team !

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Roy Keane talking some sense on ITV...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Coquelin didn't make single tackle and played 5 passes. He played 77 minutes. 5 passes. 0 tackles. A defensive midfielder. 77 MINUTES.

My god that's all kinds of shit.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Just incase the new fella didn't get the result we got beat 5 v 0^0 :twisted:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

PATHETIC - and embaresssssing. My next door is a Scum supporter. Team of no quality or heart/energy. Bring back Berty Mee !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ray C wrote:PATHETIC - and embaresssssing. My next door is a Scum supporter. Team of no quality or heart/energy. Bring back Berty Mee !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:
I'd take Berty Bassett over Arsehole Turnip at this point.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

You know what, I believe Robben (33), Alonso (35), Lahm (33) would have been moved on years ago if they were Arsenal players.

They were so much better than us. Only Sanchez and Koscielny looked like he could roll with these Bayern players. Ozil for all his quality, isnt a leader, he is a luxury player who needs a platform to be effective, and simply put, if we cant get a hold of the game, Ozil is made redundant.

yet even despite the quality gap, Bayern dont even win 5-1 every week in their own league. So why would it be okay for anyone to say 'its Bayern Munich, what did you expect'? Its not just that we lose, its we get fuking smashed. And its not that we get smashed, but its not surprising when we do.

Arsene is his press conference talking of being 'stunned'. Really Arsene? Because we lost 5-1 the last time we played at the Allianz Arena.

And yet despite all this, there are still some people who want him to stay on another two years!!!!

Clash

Post by Clash »

What does it say when you lose 5-1 and your goalkeeper is your best player ? :roll:

We looked like a fucking park team in the 2nd half .... but be careful what you wish for eh? Another manager might mean we do not have any more nights like these in future seasons and then we'll be sorry !!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Peeman wrote:Just incase the new fella didn't get the result we got beat 5 v 0^0 :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

It has to be over for Wenger, doesn't it?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

flash gunner wrote:It has to be over for Wenger, doesn't it?
No Flash, unfortunately it doesn't... we live in Wenger world not the real world :cry:

Clash

Post by Clash »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
flash gunner wrote:It has to be over for Wenger, doesn't it?
No Flash, unfortunately it doesn't... we live in Wenger world not the real world :cry:
Yep ... cue 5 wins in a row now (including a token face-saving 2nd leg win against Bayern).

I've seen Wenger survive too many of these times to believe now is the end. It reminds me of the Bond villains who assume they've killed Bond off and walk away prematurely.

I will only believe Wenger is gone when i see a new man standing in the dugout that looks nothing like Wenger. Although even then he might make a comeback.

Matt Busby did it ... which was bad news for the Busby out Brigade (or Bobs as they were known at the time on the internet in the early 70s) .

I might have made that last bit up.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

I watched Bayern struggle against perennial basket-cases Schalke a while ago and thought... meh.

The match last night though - wow; even for latter-Wenger era Arsenal that was some fucking shit we served up.

I was laughing so much that the fourth goal passed me by, much like our fucking 'team'. Henry Winter absolutely tore Wenger shitless on the 5live post-mortem and I imagine has done same in his rag, so I expect a fair amount of shit to be dropped Wenger's way this morning.

Doubt it'll make any difference though as the old sod will probably still sign an improved contract.

I wonder if Larry Breville still thinks the WOB are "idiots" :lol:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

We're the footballing equivalent of a European-level boxer who clubs the living bollocks out of domestic-level opponents but as soon as we step in the ring with a genuine contender we get our fucking clock (that's 'clock' :wink: ) cleaned. :box:

In a post-fight, punch-drunk stupor we'll mumble some bullshit about "mental strength" only for the joke to be repeated over and over and over again.

Someone please revoke Wenger's license before I mix any more metaphors.