Bayern Munich (A) | CL R16 | Wed 15 Feb 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Bayern Munich (A) | CL R16 | Wed 15 Feb 19:45

Post by officepest »

One more before bed:

I see Keown has taken his tongue out of Arsene's pipe (MOTD2, just gone) and has now shoved his flip-flops up there instead and says he thinks Wenger will leave at season's end, less than a week after saying that as there's no succession plan Arsene can't leave yet. :?

Which is it? It's not as if the Bayern score is some freak result, this happens all the fucking time now. I can understand an ex-player not criticising their own time playing under Wenger, but to not call out the shit that is happening now for the shit that it is is criminal.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

For the love of God just Go NOW !

They should be totally embarrassed.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:The Ox the only player to walk over to the support

Good old Ox
Not really up to it but at least he cares :barscarf:
A mate just sent me this clip of Ox

https://twitter.com/homosovieticus/stat ... 4235900929

perrygrovesworld

Post by perrygrovesworld »

Somehow, people (or touts) are interested in the second leg non-event. Put two tickets on Ticket Exchange at 06:50 and they had sold by 06:55.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

No words exist..

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

perrygrovesworld wrote:Somehow, people (or touts) are interested in the second leg non-event. Put two tickets on Ticket Exchange at 06:50 and they had sold by 06:55.
Has to be tourists. I can't imagine why anyone would want to watch that, especially at £64 a pop minimum.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Clash wrote:What does it say when you lose 5-1 and your goalkeeper is your best player ? :roll:

We looked like a fucking park team in the 2nd half .... but be careful what you wish for eh? Another manager might mean we do not have any more nights like these in future seasons and then we'll be sorry !!
I resent your assumption that this team was "only a park team" in the second half. I remember playing years ago on Regents Park and I think we were a better side !!!!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

In hindsight, topping our group was the worst thing to happen to Wenger. Because this time, he has to face the shame of a miserable exit in front of Arsenal fans. I reckon an alcoholic anonymous meeting would be more up beat than the second leg.

And what I dont want to happen, is a mini come back - say we grab two quick goals and rattle Bayern's cage a little bit, but ultimately they consolidate and close out the tie. Should that happen, Feo and co will have cheesy grins on their post match faces talking about how we 'scared Bayern'. Like a little dik head kid who thinks its brilliant when he hides behind the door and tries to scare you.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Wilson wrote:In hindsight, topping our group was the worst thing to happen to Wenger. Because this time, he has to face the shame of a miserable exit in front of Arsenal fans. I reckon an alcoholic anonymous meeting would be more up beat than the second leg.

And what I dont want to happen, is a mini come back - say we grab two quick goals and rattle Bayern's cage a little bit, but ultimately they consolidate and close out the tie. Should that happen, Feo and co will have cheesy grins on their post match faces talking about how we 'scared Bayern'. Like a little dik head kid who thinks its brilliant when he hides behind the door and tries to scare you.
Unfortunately the second leg may actually bring a win for Arsenal and all the talk will be about a speeeereeted exit...

REB

Post by REB »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wilson wrote:In hindsight, topping our group was the worst thing to happen to Wenger. Because this time, he has to face the shame of a miserable exit in front of Arsenal fans. I reckon an alcoholic anonymous meeting would be more up beat than the second leg.

Unfortunately the second leg may actually bring a win for Arsenal and all the talk will be about a speeeereeted exit...

bayern will beat us at home, we will go all out attack and they wil soak it up and win 2-1 .

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

perrygrovesworld wrote:Somehow, people (or touts) are interested in the second leg non-event. Put two tickets on Ticket Exchange at 06:50 and they had sold by 06:55.

Same here. Put my ticket on the TX after the game and sold when i checked this morning. Must be some right mugs out there.

Hope people vote with there feet though and the stadium is half empty. His time must be up.

There will be a few more defeats yet this season, Liverpool, Stoke, Spurs, WBA, Southampton (take your pick) to inflict more misery on us and this failure of a regime.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:Roy Keane talking some sense on ITV...

He did. Why is Gibbs, who has hardly played a game this season, wearing the armband??
I can't even offer an answer :roll:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:The Ox the only player to walk over to the support

I like the Ox and think under a different manager could turn in to a really decent player.
However after that 5th goal he should have substituted himself and payed his own fare home.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

SPARKSY wrote:
Natural Born Gooner wrote:Roy Keane talking some sense on ITV...

He did. Why is Gibbs, who has hardly played a game this season, wearing the armband??
I can't even offer an answer :roll:
Captaincy is overrated mate

As are tactics, team management and playing players in their natural positions

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If ever anyone thought Wenger was not a busted flush then surely last night must convince even them? :roll:

He set us up wrong from the beginning (if the reported "plan" actually was to play a staggered 2 up front and hit Bayern on the break). If you are gonna play on the break with Sanchez as the further forward of the 2 strikjers then you need your 2 holding midfielders to quickly gain possession and rotate the ball to the feet of the second striker/Number10/false9/whatever the fuck Ozil was supposed to be last night, so that he can pick out the pass to the runner. Fucking basic football 101 that Coq and Xhaka apparently do not understand. :roll:

Ozil is a luxury player. For him to be effective he needs the ball to feet and the players around him to look for his through balls. Not making excuses for Ozil here because he was absolutely useless last night, even though bizarrely he actually made 3 or 4 defensive tackles that won possession - which was 3 or 4 more than Xhaka or Coq!! :shock: But this comes down to the manager. If Ozil (or any player) is not doing the specific job that they are sent out to do, then fucking substitute them!! :banghead: Ozil is in a very poor run of form, whether through frustration or whatever, and he needs to be dropped. He needs to be made aware he must earn his place in the team. But Wenger doesn't do that. :roll:

Iwobi was our worst player, despite stiff competition from Gibbs, Ozil, Coq, Xhaka and the Ox. Iwobi is fast developing into an Alex Mong type "passer" of the ball - just fire it in the general direction of your team mate and hope for the best. :roll: How long we can use the "he's still young" excuse remains to be seen.

Special mention here for Coquelin. Absofuckinguseless footballer, Cannot tackle cleanly, cannot pass, no positional sense, no intelligence, no discipline. What player in world football invites Robben to come inside on his left foot? My fucking wife even knows that! I lost count of how many times he just pissed the ball away to Bayern. He is stealing a fucking living.

Ospina (as detailed in the Cech v Ospina thread is not the answer to our GK problem, despite a couple of good saves.

The Ox is a disgrace. Pissed away possession all night, then has a hissy fit near the end at his team mates (looked like it was mostly aimed at Ozil tbh) and then 3 minutes later gifts Bayern their 5th goal through rank fucking stupidity. I have hoped beyond hope the Ox would come good for us for years now but, fuck it, I give up. He has 2 or 3 good games and then is shit for the rest of the season. He does not have the intelligence, the guts or the confidence for the top flight. If his footballing career even half matched his burgeoning social media "presence" then he might be some use. File under "Dench Frimpong". :oops: :roll:

Wenger Out. Please God and Baby Jeebus. PLEASE. :x