Bayern Munich (A) | CL R16 | Wed 15 Feb 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Bayern Munich (A) | CL R16 | Wed 15 Feb 19:45

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
flash gunner wrote:It has to be over for Wenger, doesn't it?
No Flash, unfortunately it doesn't... we live in Wenger world not the real world :cry:
You speak for yourself, I live in a Perry Groves World :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SPARKSY wrote:
Natural Born Gooner wrote:Roy Keane talking some sense on ITV...

He did. Why is Gibbs, who has hardly played a game this season, wearing the armband??
I can't even offer an answer :roll:
We have 11 captains :barscarf:

He has destroyed the legacy of the famous Arsenal captain. Started with Gallas, then followed by all the non playing ones - Vermaelen, Arteta and now BFG.

Gave it to players to try and keep them at the club - Henry, Cesc, JVP - they all fucked off anyway.

Just another thing to chalk up to the fraudulent fucking *word censored*.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Not much more to be said apart from Wenger must now go.
The bit I struggle to understand most is our attitude at 3-1 down.
There must have been some discussion at Colney this week about possible scenarios, one of which should have been our code red position.
We were playing Bayern in their back yard, was the message just go out and play our game, nothing can go wrong?
If the moment arrives where we are letting it get away from us, change to a 441 formation, 2 rigid banks of 4 and attempt to close the game down.
This way we could still have an outside chance of salvaging the tie at the Emirates.
That moment came and went, despite Wenger saying post match how we collapsed, I never once saw him (at 3-1) off the bench calling for a change of system.
This is very basic stuff, every coach, from any level must understand the importance of digging in when the need arises, its actually a disgraceful state of affairs.
Overall, his input from the touchline was about the same as it was from the stands.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

We were fortunate to get back into it at 1 - 1 , time to shut up shop . A decent manager would have prepared the second half to be a stalemate . Either he didn't tell them or else they didn't listen . Either way silly bollocks is complicit. Just think of George in Copenhagen , that's how you set up in a situation like last night.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Special circumstances...

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

rodders999 wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:

He did. Why is Gibbs, who has hardly played a game this season, wearing the armband??

He has destroyed the legacy of the famous Arsenal captain. Started with Gallas, then followed by all the non playing ones - Vermaelen, Arteta and now BFG.

Gave it to players to try and keep them at the club - Henry, Cesc, JVP - they all fucked off anyway.

Squiddy and Silvestre were also given the armband. And how can anyone forget The Mighty Almunia having it for an age :shock:

Offside

Post by Offside »

rodders999 wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:

You can tell a lot about a team's character by who it's captain is.

Gibbs might well have been rock-bottom.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Offside wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:

You can tell a lot about a team's character by who it's captain is.

Gibbs might well have been rock-bottom.
The captaincy has been so devalued by Arsene Teflon I'm just surprised the fucking armband didn't end up on a ball boy last night... :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:A close fought 5-0 :wink:
:barscarf:

OK it was bit closer than I predicted :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Forgot Sanchez in my moan - oops, sorry - match analysis. :oops: :lol:

Sanchez was utter shit last night.

Now Sanchez fans, hold onto your knickers. Yes, he was our hardest working player and yes his goal was a superb piece of skill and finish.

But his touch, his passing, his constant losing of possession were shocking. And that is the second shit penno he was lucky to score off in a row... He was in full headless chicken mode last night.

Of course having said that he is still our best player and I'd imagine he must be frustrated out of his mind at playing in a team with so many shit to average players with a manager that cannot manage in the modern game. Again last night we had the spectacle of Ozil and Sanchez yelling at the DM's to move up and not sit so deep whilst our manager sat on the bench hugging himself like a teenage Emo fan... Sanchez is sooooo gone this summer. :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:A close fought 5-0 :wink:
:barscarf:

OK it was bit closer than I predicted :lol:
:shock:

Burn the witch!!! :twisted: :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not sure if they were that bad or if I'm suffering from some kind of psychological trauma... but Feo and Giroud were on the bench, right? Why did Wenger not throw them on near the end?

WHAT???!! HE DID??!!! :shock:

:D :wink:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

What does it say about Wengernal that all it takes is for a half-decent CB to go off injured (shocker) for us to collapse like a fucking house of cards?

Nothing from Wenker, nothing.

Players couldn't give a fuck any longer; and if Sanchez is still with us next season then I'd be fucking astonished.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:What does it say about Wengernal that all it takes is for a half-decent CB to go off injured (shocker) for us to collapse like a fucking house of cards?

Nothing from Wenker, nothing.

Players couldn't give a fuck any longer; and if Sanchez is still with us next season then I'd be fucking astonished.
:rubchin:

I'm getting the impression that his other excuse (the Two Balls On The Pitch Gambit) probably isn't holding much water with you either? Particularly as Ozil brought one of those balls back onto the pitch! :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

SPARKSY wrote:
perrygrovesworld wrote:Somehow, people (or touts) are interested in the second leg non-event. Put two tickets on Ticket Exchange at 06:50 and they had sold by 06:55.

Same here. Put my ticket on the TX after the game and sold when i checked this morning. Must be some right mugs out there.

Hope people vote with there feet though and the stadium is half empty. His time must be up.

There will be a few more defeats yet this season, Liverpool, Stoke, Spurs, WBA, Southampton (take your pick) to inflict more misery on us and this failure of a regime.
Tourists!! Who will sing his name and sing that bollocks "greatest team" etc. Then all will be happy at La La Land again!! :censored: