Chumps league games 14/15th Feb

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Chumps league games 14/15th Feb

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Wow PSG smashed barca twats 4-0, looked like a very good side to me when we played them although I'm sure at the time everyone said we'd been outplayed by a bang average side, look better than average now, what say you rjw1985?

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Re: Chumps league games 14/15th Feb

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Barca are old and/or slow everywhere except up front. totally suspect defensively. Kudos to PSG for attacking from the get go and never letting up.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

The ref allowed physical challenges, not dirty, but fair ones, PSG seemed to cope, Barca were just looking shocked that everu time they went down looking for fouls they got nothing, and PSG would counter!

Its like Barca's midfield thought they aren't allowed to be touched .

You have to play to the level of aggression allowed by the ref, as long as its not nasty over the ball stuff. They did not seem ready to do that

:)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Barca looked like a team getting their own way for too long.. They couldn't handle the intensity of PSG on the night..The phrase "wanting it more" shouldn't have a place in sport but it did last night. PSG were more determined, more aggressive and more clinical. In reality two more goals wouldn't have flattered them..
Their manager was relentless on the touchline, never stopped giving instructions and displayed a Conte style of passion. Also identified the weakness in the Barca defence..Defender booked so Draxler pushed on him. Draxler gave the defender the option to foul him and get a second yellow or stand off him and let Draxler do what he wished. How does that work, a manager showing both passion and intelligence at the same time?..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Barca looked like a team getting their own way for too long.. They couldn't handle the intensity of PSG on the night..The phrase "wanting it more" shouldn't have a place in sport but it did last night. PSG were more determined, more aggressive and more clinical. In reality two more goals wouldn't have flattered them..
Their manager was relentless on the touchline, never stopped giving instructions and displayed a Conte style of passion. Also identified the weakness in the Barca defence..Defender booked so Draxler pushed on him. Draxler gave the defender the option to foul him and get a second yellow or stand off him and let Draxler do what he wished. How does that work, a manager showing both passion and intelligence at the same time?..
Tbh I'm sick to high fuck of managers (Conte and Klopp in particular) showing "passion". Attention seeking arseholes really. :roll:

However I do like to see a manager stood on the sideline giving directions and advice and/or a bollocking to his players. Y'know kiddies, actually managing the game and his team... :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Barcelona have always been there to be 'got at', even when they were a better side than they are now. To use a Wenger term, they can be masters of illusory dominance :lol:

I've never seen anything like that side that came here in 2010 - for 60 minutes it was like they were playing a different sport.

But I also remember them inexplicably managing to draw that game. And trying to throw away the tie against us the following year (cheers Bendtner). And being strangled by an efficient United in 2008, being absolutely battered by Chelsea in one of the biggest travesties I've seen in 2009 and being comprehensively beaten by a well-drilled Inter side in 2010. All whilst being head and shoulders above everyone else in Europe.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:Barca looked like a team getting their own way for too long.. They couldn't handle the intensity of PSG on the night..The phrase "wanting it more" shouldn't have a place in sport but it did last night. PSG were more determined, more aggressive and more clinical. In reality two more goals wouldn't have flattered them..
Tactical doping

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Wow PSG smashed barca twats 4-0, looked like a very good side to me when we played them although I'm sure at the time everyone said we'd been outplayed by a bang average side, look better than average now, what say you rjw1985?
We are better than PSG, PSG are better than Barca = we are going to win it :rubchin:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rjw1985 wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Wow PSG smashed barca twats 4-0, looked like a very good side to me when we played them although I'm sure at the time everyone said we'd been outplayed by a bang average side, look better than average now, what say you rjw1985?
We are better than PSG, PSG are better than Barca = we are going to win it :rubchin:
Knew you would get it :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

going to book my train tickets for Cardiff CL final now.... :rubchin:

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

Redarmy wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Can't wait to see Rambo lift the trophy in his capital city :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tbh I'm sick to high fuck of managers (Conte and Klopp in particular) showing "passion". Attention seeking arseholes really. :roll:

However I do like to see a manager stood on the sideline giving directions and advice and/or a bollocking to his players. Y'know kiddies, actually managing the game and his team... :shock:
Wouldn't agreeing Conte, he is Italian and allowed be passionate, Klopp has no such excuse.. I think Klopp plays to the audience because of the limited team he has on the pitch..
The one that used to bug me most was Freund (excuse spelling) with Spuds, he was assistant to somebody but he overdone the antics, so much he looked ridiculous or false or both..

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

I didn't know the Foxes were your second team mate!? :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Wouldn't agreeing Conte, he is Italian and allowed be passionate, Klopp has no such excuse.. I think Klopp plays to the audience because of the limited team he has on the pitch..
The one that used to bug me most was Freund (excuse spelling) with Spuds, he was assistant to somebody but he overdone the antics, so much he looked ridiculous or false or both..
Conte is fake for me, he's using the "passionate Italian" as a cover. Maybe that's just me being a cynical fucker, but I think he's as bad as Klopp for playing to the audience.

Have to agree the worst was Freund. Fucking embarrassing pillock. Some show (maybe Soccer AM?) put together an "Over reaction" reel of his antics and it was hilariously embarrassing. :oops: :oops: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rjw1985 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Can't wait to see Rambo lift the trophy in his capital city :barscarf:
:shock: :shock: No one told me he'd signed for Leicester???

ps; If Only :cry: