Sutton United (A) | FA Cup R5 | Mon 20 Feb 19:55 | BBC1

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
oaodan

Re: Sutton United (A) | FA Cup R5 | Mon 20 Feb 19:55 | BBC1

Post by oaodan »

OneBardGooner wrote:Walcott has pace - That is IT.

He has No Footballing brain - No idea what to do with the ball - or how/when/where/how to pass.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Is there a worse sight in football than Theo with the ball at his feet and running at a defender? You know it's gonna end badly, he overruns it, the ball is with the opposition and Theo on the ground.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Banner very visible at the end. With the Arsenal TV mob.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

There will be no savaging of Wanker tonight. The media line will be about Sutton "holding their heads high" and Arsenal "getting the job done". Wanker will praise the "speeerit". :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

wilko49er wrote:Banner very visible at the end. With the Arsenal TV mob.
Yep good coverage on live tv - can only help the cause.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Always great to see the banner! :barscarf: 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

They were shite...we were shite....game was a pile of shite.... :barscarf:
Hopefully Le fartpipes last away cup tie 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Well it's been confirmed that Walcott is indeed shit on every level (even non-league :roll: ) :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have too say though, that I still fail to see what iwobi brings to the party - some fans raved about him when he broke into the team, but I couldn't see a whole lot to him, and if anything I would say that he has regressed since then :o

I thought that holding did well tonight, and I thought that xhaka controlled the game in midfield, but again it was with the introduction of the ox that helped our game go up a level - I know that sometimes his end product isn't good enough, but he brings much needed pace, energy and directness to our game, and his vision for the passes tonight was excellent 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:Well it's been confirmed that Walcott is indeed shit on every level (even non-league :roll: ) :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have too say though, that I still fail to see what iwobi brings to the party - some fans raved about him when he broke into the team, but I couldn't see a whole lot to him, and if anything I would say that he has regressed since then :o

I thought that holding did well tonight, and I thought that xhaka controlled the game in midfield, but again it was with the introduction of the ox that helped our game go up a level - I know that sometimes his end product isn't good enough, but he brings much needed pace, energy and directness to our game, and his vision for the passes tonight was excellent 8)
Ox needs games in that position, he can see a forward pass, although needs to see the simple passes too, and he will get better.
Got to say thought their no.6 had everything our CB's haven't got. Sign him up, get him fit and he'd bring some passion in that defence.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

He had great vision to pick out the Bayern player on the edge of our own box on Wednesday.

One of the biggest criticisms of him out wide is that he can't sense danger and doesn't track back. That's exposed even more playing in PL because he just gives the ball away in dangerous passes playing needless casual passes.

If we actually had the sort of quality CMs we should do instead of an endless queue of average players like Ramsey, Coquelin, Elneny, Xhaka etc then nobody would be talking about trying to cram him in there.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

More abuse towards Wenger as he got on the coach.
Gazidis got targeted too with "spend some fucking money" shouted at him

Dont know if it got picked up on TV but Wenger also had a bottle thrown at him in injury time which shook him up

Crazy night!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

FA Cup TV schedule confirmed:

Chelsea v Man Utd on BT,
Arsenal v Lincoln on BBC,
Spurs v Millwall on Crimewatch.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Dull game which we should be winning by more but as often we are too slow and ponderous in our build up. Job done all you can say really.

Monreal looks well past it these days and should be moved on with Wenger in the summer, Iwobi looks over-hyped, Perez should be in the first team or certainly more often he should be but I doubt it as Wenger loves Iwobi and Walcott too much, probably because he thinks 'he made them', pathetic..
Last edited by sk-gtfo on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Eboue-Why? wrote:FA Cup TV schedule confirmed:

Chelsea v Man Utd on BT,
Arsenal v Lincoln on BBC,
Spurs v Millwall on Crimewatch.
:-D :-D
About right.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Thought we were shockingly bad tonight :oops:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Walcott poncing around with the Captian's armband on was an insult to all Arsenal supporters !!. He is probably everything a team captain should NOT be. Where was our pennant for Sutton on such a big day for them ??. Didn't see many shirt swapping after the game. Maybe that sums up what their players thought of ours !. Very average performance & lucky we were not playing a championship side today :barscarf: :barscarf: