Sutton United (A) | FA Cup R5 | Mon 20 Feb 19:55 | BBC1

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Sutton United (A) | FA Cup R5 | Mon 20 Feb 19:55 | BBC1

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:From an Arsenal perspective......

Looking at last nights team, only Ox and Perez looked ok the rest were dire.....

In saying that OX and Perez look a long way off CL quality..... so no wonder we are getting thrashed annually in CL

Still got to go to Liverpool and scum.....trust this lot to surrender without a fucking fight
Rob Holding played well last night and deserves more game time.
Hopefully he might now get it.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:

Looking at last nights team, only Ox and Perez looked ok the rest were dire.....

In saying that OX and Perez look a long way off CL quality..... so no wonder we are getting thrashed annually in CL

Still got to go to Liverpool and scum.....trust this lot to surrender without a fucking fight

yeah he was ok...but if we want to win titles and CL they need to be top quality...and these guys just aint that.....i am sad to say

Midz

Post by Midz »

Breaking News!!

The Sutton manager has resigned because they couldn't beat Arsenal.

:D

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Midz wrote:Breaking News!!

But that massive bloatation, the pie-eating reserve "keeper" has left.

Something about him knowing there were odds of 8/1 on him being seen shovelling food into his mouth.

Surprised me, because I thought it was totally spontaneous and in no way any kind of stunt. :|

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

officepest wrote:

Something about him knowing there were odds of 8/1 on him being seen shovelling food into his mouth.

Surprised me, because I thought it was totally spontaneous and in no way any kind of stunt. :|
I'd have had 8/1 on him not to put a pie in his mouth. Fat fuck. Clearly had a bet and got his mates a few bob too. Obvious corruption and made a mockery of his team's night on tv.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Yeah the fat guy got sacked....for eating a pie

Seriously the world has gone mad :rubchin:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

officepest wrote:

The Sportsbar on Talkshite mentioned the bet on air a couple of days before the game

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

Disappointed that no one has mentioned how, according to the Official site, that 'Xhaka controlled the cup tie last night,?? Anyway shame that because of £££ the general public had to sit through our shit last night compared with money-bags BT Man City - Monaco game tonight is certainly entertaining.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:

He needs to go out on loan to a PL club and play every week.

Wenger will just do the same as with Chambers and Jenkinson. He will play the odd cup game and then find himself thrown in with a few injuries, and will get shown up because he's just a kid with little experience. Then we will loan him out.

Why not just loan him out now? If push comes to shove Wenger would probably opt for both Gabriel and Mertesacker ahead of him anyway. He's learning fuck all sitting on our bench or in the stand every week. Far better for him to be learning the ropes every week in the PL.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

No sympathy for Wayne Shaw, he made his club's biggest night all about him. He knew what he was doing even if he didn't realise the consequences.
The media talk about the romance of the Cup being dead, it is ironic that a media backed betting company that set up this stunt.

The earlier point about Xhaka is a valid one, I didn't see the dominant performance that Arsenal. Com did..One, no pressure, pass to Lucas led to first goal..Didn't see anything else spectacular from him..Think he has been the biggest disappointment of the season.

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Routine win for Lincoln last night. Ferriby... don't want to go there again. Reminded me of the film Hot Fuzz.

Ticketing and date should be releasedone soon, but am told it's March 11th 5.30 pm which is cracking. 9,000 tickets.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Goonimp wrote:Routine win for Lincoln last night. Ferriby... don't want to go there again. Reminded me of the film Hot Fuzz.

Ticketing and date should be releasedone soon, but am told it's March 11th 5.30 pm which is cracking. 9,000 tickets.
I seen the imps had won again 8) be good to see them back in the league.9000 is what I reckoned the allocation would be hopefully with the option of more.I reckon there will be a fair few Lincoln in the home end though..like dortmund a few years back.

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

https://youtu.be/et5RibGoYAk

Ferriby vs Lincoln highlights. Should have won by a lot more. Was nervy at the time, not taking so many chances.

Five changes last night.

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Confirmed Saturday 11th March at 5.30 pm on BT Sport.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Goonimp wrote:Confirmed Saturday 11th March at 5.30 pm on BT Sport.
Plenty of time for a pre match protest :barscarf: