Sutton United (A) | FA Cup R5 | Mon 20 Feb 19:55 | BBC1

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Sutton United (A) | FA Cup R5 | Mon 20 Feb 19:55 | BBC1

Post by Bradywasking »

The dust has settled on one of the biggest non events in recent memory. The BBC saw it their duty to Big up the atmosphere which from my TV viewing looked non existent. Maybe those at the game would disagree.. The pitch wasn't a massive factor, didn't think either team were particularly good on it.
We have become a one man team. So dependent on Sanchez, the only singing I could hear was " give it to Sanchez " when he came on..
On the night only Perez can be anyway happy with his performance. Goal apart Walcott was predictable, Iwobi was dreadful, Ox was lively but his final ball isn't good enough. Adelaide looked out of his depth against a non league team. Gabriel offers nothing going forward and Monreal is a shadow of the player he was a few seasons ago..Ospina is our best keeper but not good enough. He has his Almunia moments..
I suppose all Arsenal could do is win the game which they did, but with what is in the quarter finals and the draw we got I can only see a humiliation at Wembley in the semis.

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

I had better start queuing up for tickets... :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Eboue-Why? wrote:FA Cup TV schedule confirmed:

Chelsea v Man Utd on BT,
Arsenal v Lincoln on BBC,
Spurs v Millwall on Crimewatch.

:D :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Excuse-Maker General Martin Keown's response to someone mentioning Arsenal have a 3G pitch at Colney?

"Yeah but it's an indoor dry 3G pitch, this is an outdoor wet 3G pitch".

:lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but if you are a supposedly skilled top flight professional footballer the pitch is not an excuse.

Anyballs, we were atrocious. They are a shit side that have a bit of fight in them and 2 good-ish ex-Arsenal players. Our youth team or reserves should be beating them 5-0 tbh and we made it look like work last night. :roll:

Can't be bothered to go into individual performances because they were all poor to rubbish.

I knew we would win this one, but Lincoln? Hmmm.... :rubchin: if Lord Venger puts out the same side.... even at home... :worried:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

The commentary was atrocious all night, but what pissed me off was when they starting talking through our 'achievements' of "runners up in the PL on X occasions", "runners up in a CL final", "2 CL semi-finals" :banghead: Fucking losers... since when did finishing 2nd (read: NOT winning) become success ffs!? :banghead: This 'taking part that counts' mentality reeks of 'Wenger', the kind of shit I used to from my Primary School football coach :banghead:
DB10GOONER wrote:Excuse-Maker General Martin Keown's response to someone mentioning Arsenal have a 3G pitch at Colney?

Fucking ringpiece :lol:
Last edited by postmanPat91 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

DB10GOONER wrote:Excuse-Maker General Martin Keown's response to someone mentioning Arsenal have a 3G pitch at Colney?

:lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but if you are a supposedly skilled top flight professional footballer the pitch is not an excuse.

Anyballs, we were atrocious. They are a shit side that have a bit of fight in them and 2 good-ish ex-Arsenal players. Our youth team or reserves should be beating them 5-0 tbh and we made it look like work last night. :roll:

Can't be bothered to go into individual performances because they were all poor to rubbish.

I knew we would win this one, but Lincoln? Hmmm.... :rubchin: if Lord Venger puts out the same side.... even at home... :worried:
In all seriousness, obviously Arsenal should beat Lincoln comfortably. But this Lincoln side is decent with a management duo who work 18 hours a day. They leave no stone unturned. They're something special. They will set the team up well, while Wenger will do the usual bollocks.

I say or again, Walcott vs Wood. Gabriel vs Rhead. It could be carnage. Really.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We were on a bit of a hiding to nothing in the sense that even if we walloped them everybody would just shrug their shoulders.

But fuck me was that poor. Until the first goal I can't remember us having a chance. We then played for 5 or 10 minutes before regressing again.

Second half we generally controlled things but came close to conceding a few times and didn't create a lot. The only save I can remember their keeper making was with a few minutes left and I can't recall us winning a single header all night.

Bringing in Sanchez was sheer idiocy. Sure enough within five minutes their hacker centre half flies in and tries to put one on him.

augie

Post by augie »

I know that we should be hammering teams like Sutton, but in fairness it was a very comfortable 2-0. The rocket shot aside, our goal was never really under threat, and I believe that we could have pushed on if we needed to
Being honest I was disappointed more with Sutton - you are a non-league player playing at home against one of THE big clubs, and you have the chance to pull off the upset of all upsets, but you turn in a performance like that ? At the very least you would expect them to play 100 miles an hour football and get in and kick our players about a bit, but tbh they looked like they were just happy to be there and they played to keep the score respectful :(

Have to say that their manager seemed to be a right knobhead - the shit where he walked around the pitch trying to gee up the fans before the teams came out, screamed "me me me" to this Gooner :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

postmanPat91 wrote:The commentary was atrocious all night, but what pissed me off was when they starting talking through our 'achievements' of "runners up in the PL on X occasions", "runners up in a CL final", "2 CL semi-finals" :banghead: Fucking losers... since when did finishing 2nd (read: NOT winning) become success ffs!? :banghead: This 'taking part that counts' mentality reeks of 'Wenger', the kind of shit I used to from my Primary School football coach :banghead:

Hey, man... I'm just quoting him... don't shoot the messenger... :?

:barscarf: :D :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote: Have to say that their manager seemed to be a right knobhead - the shit where he walked around the pitch trying to gee up the fans before the teams came out, screamed "me me me" to this Gooner :roll:

whats wrong with him trying to generate some atmosphere? maybe you have become to accustomed to Wenger :wink:
actually their manager is a class act - he has now managed Sutton for over 8 years and does the job for FREE as he is the manager of a successful property development company and gets well paid for that. He has pretty much single handedly revolutionised their club.

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

That reserve keeper though and the bullshite pre-planned bollocks with the pie. Made the league look shitty and tinpot at a time when people are campaigning for more promotion places.

Pathetic attention seeking nob. Sutton sold themselves out.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote: Have to say that their manager seemed to be a right knobhead - the shit where he walked around the pitch trying to gee up the fans before the teams came out, screamed "me me me" to this Gooner :roll:

whats wrong with him trying to generate some atmosphere? maybe you have become to accustomed to Wenger :wink:
actually their manager is a class act - he has now managed Sutton for over 8 years and does the job for FREE as he is the manager of a successful property development company and gets well paid for that. He has pretty much single handedly revolutionised their club.
And that's a good thing GR?....
Looks like another Wenger in the making just a little fatter!... :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Goonimp wrote:That reserve keeper though and the bullshite pre-planned bollocks with the pie. Made the league look shitty and tinpot at a time when people are campaigning for more promotion places.

Yeah, the sooooooo obviously pre-planned pie eating was embarrassing. What an attention seeking fat fuck. :oops:

Equally embarrassing and majorly disrespectful was Walcott fronting up without our pennant. Might seem like no big deal, but I love the old traditions of The Arsenal and things like the FA Cup, and I think it was shameful from a club that used to be a byword for "class". :oops: I wonder did we do a "Wenger" (fuck tradition) and not bother to bring one, or did dozy Walcott just forget it and leave it in the dressing room or on the coach?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Goonimp wrote:That reserve keeper though and the bullshite pre-planned bollocks with the pie. Made the league look shitty and tinpot at a time when people are campaigning for more promotion places.

Whilst I was picking up my Cup Final appointment last night, BT sport shared a clip of this character!...
Now at first sight I thought he was a back room geezer! Then they said he was the sub keeper, how the fuck can he be a keeper?
Just think back to when the two captains picked their teams on the local manor, that fat fucker was always the last one to be selected so he stood in goal"...

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:The commentary was atrocious all night, but what pissed me off was when they starting talking through our 'achievements' of "runners up in the PL on X occasions", "runners up in a CL final", "2 CL semi-finals" :banghead: Fucking losers... since when did finishing 2nd (read: NOT winning) become success ffs!? :banghead: This 'taking part that counts' mentality reeks of 'Wenger', the kind of shit I used to from my Primary School football coach :banghead:

Hey, man... I'm just quoting him... don't shoot the messenger... :?

:barscarf: :D :wink:
:D

:coffeespit: