Sutton United (A) | FA Cup R5 | Mon 20 Feb 19:55 | BBC1

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: Sutton United (A) | FA Cup R5 | Mon 20 Feb 19:55 | BBC1

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Goonimp wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Excuse-Maker General Martin Keown's response to someone mentioning Arsenal have a 3G pitch at Colney?

"Yeah but it's an indoor dry 3G pitch, this is an outdoor wet 3G pitch".

:lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but if you are a supposedly skilled top flight professional footballer the pitch is not an excuse.

Anyballs, we were atrocious. They are a shit side that have a bit of fight in them and 2 good-ish ex-Arsenal players. Our youth team or reserves should be beating them 5-0 tbh and we made it look like work last night. :roll:

Can't be bothered to go into individual performances because they were all poor to rubbish.

I knew we would win this one, but Lincoln? Hmmm.... :rubchin: if Lord Venger puts out the same side.... even at home... :worried:
In all seriousness, obviously Arsenal should beat Lincoln comfortably. But this Lincoln side is decent with a management duo who work 18 hours a day. They leave no stone unturned. They're something special. They will set the team up well, while Wenger will do the usual bollocks.

I say or again, Walcott vs Wood. Gabriel vs Rhead. It could be carnage. Really.
More importantly Nathan Arnold will skin Monreal alive. I've seen Lincoln a few times this season and Goonimp is right, they are a fit organised team who will not lie down. Arsenal's class will prob shine through. If this had been at Sincil Bank it would have been a City win given Arsenal's lack of heart and leaders.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Goonimp wrote:That reserve keeper though and the bullshite pre-planned bollocks with the pie. Made the league look shitty and tinpot at a time when people are campaigning for more promotion places.

Pathetic attention seeking nob. Sutton sold themselves out.
Yeah, the sooooooo obviously pre-planned pie eating was embarrassing. What an attention seeking fat fuck. :oops:

Equally embarrassing and majorly disrespectful was Walcott fronting up without our pennant. Might seem like no big deal, but I love the old traditions of The Arsenal and things like the FA Cup, and I think it was shameful from a club that used to be a byword for "class". :oops: I wonder did we do a "Wenger" (fuck tradition) and not bother to bring one, or did dozy Walcott just forget it and leave it in the dressing room or on the coach?
yeah the fat goalie is a right embarrassing knob. I think his contract is up at the end of the season though and somehow I dont think he will get another one. The Sutton manager has already slated him in an interview.

Walcott and the Arsenal club were a class act off the pitch last night though. Yes Arsenal forgot a pennant :oops: but they apparently presented Sutton with a silver cannon as a gift, and are going to donate £50,000 to help Sutton United community projects.

Walcott also went into the Sutton dressing room and signed all their shirts. On the walk to the Arsenal team coach there was a young boy in a wheelchair, ignored by all the Arsenal players apart from Walcott who made a point of chatting to him and posed for a selfie. I guess what is reported doesnt always tell the full story.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Goonimp wrote:That reserve keeper though and the bullshite pre-planned bollocks with the pie. Made the league look shitty and tinpot at a time when people are campaigning for more promotion places.

Pathetic attention seeking nob. Sutton sold themselves out.
Yeah, the sooooooo obviously pre-planned pie eating was embarrassing. What an attention seeking fat fuck. :oops:

Equally embarrassing and majorly disrespectful was Walcott fronting up without our pennant. Might seem like no big deal, but I love the old traditions of The Arsenal and things like the FA Cup, and I think it was shameful from a club that used to be a byword for "class". :oops: I wonder did we do a "Wenger" (fuck tradition) and not bother to bring one, or did dozy Walcott just forget it and leave it in the dressing room or on the coach?
yeah the fat goalie is a right embarrassing knob. I think his contract is up at the end of the season though and somehow I dont think he will get another one. The Sutton manager has already slated him in an interview.

Walcott and the Arsenal club were a class act off the pitch last night though. Yes Arsenal forgot a pennant :oops: but they apparently presented Sutton with a silver cannon as a gift, and are going to donate £50,000 to help Sutton United community projects.

Walcott also went into the Sutton dressing room and signed all their shirts. On the walk to the Arsenal team coach there was a young boy in a wheelchair, ignored by all the Arsenal players apart from Walcott who made a point of chatting to him and posed for a selfie. I guess what is reported doesnt always tell the full story.
It's good to hear those things. Restores some bit of belief in the club. For all his ills, one thing you can say for Walcott is he appears to be a decent enough guy.

Shame he had to ruin all their jerseys though... :lol: :wink:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

postmanPat91 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:The commentary was atrocious all night, but what pissed me off was when they starting talking through our 'achievements' of "runners up in the PL on X occasions", "runners up in a CL final", "2 CL semi-finals" :banghead: Fucking losers... since when did finishing 2nd (read: NOT winning) become success ffs!? :banghead: This 'taking part that counts' mentality reeks of 'Wenger', the kind of shit I used to from my Primary School football coach :banghead:
DB10GOONER wrote:Excuse-Maker General Martin Keown's response to someone mentioning Arsenal have a 3G pitch at Colney?

"Yeah but it's an indoor dry 3G pitch, this is an outdoor wet 3G pitch".
Fucking ringpiece :lol:
Hey, man... I'm just quoting him... don't shoot the messenger... :?

:barscarf: :D :wink:
:D

:coffeespit:
I'd have got him doing doggies to warm up and watch him puke up!.... :lol:

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Leaves people to question whether or not he was paid to do this stunt by SunBet, who were offering odds of 8/1 on him eating a pie.

Sutton are sell outs. I am surprised how nice they were on the pitch, apart from the tackle on Iwobi. They are top of the disicinplary table and are a horrible, horrible side normally.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Goonimp wrote:Leaves people to question whether or not he was paid to do this stunt by SunBet, who were offering odds of 8/1 on him eating a pie.

Sutton are sell outs. I am surprised how nice they were on the pitch, apart from the tackle on Iwobi. They are top of the disicinplary table and are a horrible, horrible side normally.
wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they have already beaten your lot at Lincoln this season would it :wink:
don't fancy your chances on the artificial pitch either later this season :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Goonimp wrote:Leaves people to question whether or not he was paid to do this stunt by SunBet, who were offering odds of 8/1 on him eating a pie.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ng-9859609

:rubchin:

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Gunner Rob wrote:

wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they have already beaten your lot at Lincoln this season would it :wink:
don't fancy your chances on the artificial pitch either later this season :D
Yes it has everything to do with that! Haha. Their lad got one of ours sent off early on, the amount of gamesmanship, time-wasting and niggliness was ridiculous. We do it too but they take it to the extreme and on this day got away with it.

Certainly not looking forward to going there. Our problem is the games are now piling up. It's the FA Trophy this weekend and can do without it. Really don't want a replay but if they do win it's a two-legged semi final.

And stupidly the trophy is a Saturday competition. Will mean two more games having to be moved to God knows when. They will be playing Sat, Tues and Thurs soon.

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

DB10GOONER wrote:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ng-9859609

:rubchin:
He says he hadn't eaten all day? Bless him, he's one of those poor fat fuckers would never eats but can't stop piling the weight on. Maybe he's just big boned.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

northbank123 wrote:We were on a bit of a hiding to nothing in the sense that even if we walloped them everybody would just shrug their shoulders.

But fuck me was that poor. Until the first goal I can't remember us having a chance. We then played for 5 or 10 minutes before regressing again.

Second half we generally controlled things but came close to conceding a few times and didn't create a lot. The only save I can remember their keeper making was with a few minutes left and I can't recall us winning a single header all night.

Bringing in Sanchez was sheer idiocy. Sure enough within five minutes their hacker centre half flies in and tries to put one on him.

In 90 minutes, with 67% possession, we managed the grand total of 4 shots on target. Pitiful.

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From an Arsenal perspective......

Looking at last nights team, only Ox and Perez looked ok the rest were dire.....

In saying that OX and Perez look a long way off CL quality..... so no wonder we are getting thrashed annually in CL

Still got to go to Liverpool and scum.....trust this lot to surrender without a fucking fight

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Arsenal vs lincoln is March 11th 5.30 pm...

Perfect. Proper day on the piss. Our two coaches are going via Stevenage for a few hours first.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Haha I thought I spotted Romford in the background of the photos of Walcott signing the Sutton players' jerseys but thought it might be Theo's bodyguard that happened to look a bit like Romford. :lol:

Turns out it was Romford! :barscarf:

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/a-pen ... cup/114211

And a cock shot! The magic of the FA Cup! :puke:

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Orient vs Grimsby same day :box: