THE GOONER FANZINE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

THE GOONER FANZINE

Post by REB »

The Gooner
‏@GoonerFanzine

There's some confusion over the future of the print version of The Gooner. The plan is to call it a day at the end of next season - 2017/18

tweet today from the gooner.

so the gooner is going at the end of next season, will be sadly missed by many as for years it was the only way you could read what was really happening at the club,
i dont think i have missed an issue since god knows when but the last 3/4 years its been on my kindle rather then the print version, also gave us this place so lets hope this forum doesnt stop when the gooner goes.

rodders999

Re: THE GOONER FANZINE

Post by rodders999 »

If this place goes and Wenger signs on keep an eye on the obituaries for dear old Rodders.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Why? I guess the demand isn't as big as it used to be what with the Internet blogs and fan channels on youtube buy can't they just print less copies?

gutted :o :(

REB

Post by REB »

im guessing its a bit like newspapers as when you buy them its already out of date . the gooner has some great articles but the main message and a few of the regular writers like the spy are already out of date when you read them .

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Sad news if true.
Maybe a "campaign" to secure subscriptions,therefore secured income,would help.
Or maybe features on moustache waxing/beard care,flat cap accessorising,and tips on videoing games on phones/I-Pads may attract the akb/hipster demographic. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Sad news if true.
Maybe a "campaign" to secure subscriptions,therefore secured income,would help.
Or maybe features on moustache waxing/beard care,flat cap accessorising,and tips on videoing games on phones/I-Pads may attract the akb/hipster demographic. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

AtheistJoe would love that! :barscarf: :lol:

:wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

REB wrote:im guessing its a bit like newspapers as when you buy them its already out of date . the gooner has some great articles but the main message and a few of the regular writers like the spy are already out of date when you read them .
I stopped my subscription a little while back, running out of space as I had every edition going back to.the very last copy (with letter from Mike ) of issue 1.

Just like everything on here, there is only so many times you can say the same thing before you get bored of it.

Now, did I ever tell you all the story of when I went to the training ground and was told by the AFC training ground manager that " we don't worry about other clubs, we are the Arsenal, we let them worry about us"

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Isn't that also Wenger's match preparation and in game mantra? :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

StuartL wrote:
REB wrote:im guessing its a bit like newspapers as when you buy them its already out of date . the gooner has some great articles but the main message and a few of the regular writers like the spy are already out of date when you read them .
I stopped my subscription a little while back, running out of space as I had every edition going back to.the very last copy (with letter from Mike ) of issue 1.

Just like everything on here, there is only so many times you can say the same thing before you get bored of it.

Now, did I ever tell you all the story of when I went to the training ground and was told by the AFC training ground manager that " we don't worry about other clubs, we are the Arsenal, we let them worry about us"
This was a couple of days after the Man Utd 8-2 defeat, and prior to.playing Stoke ( home)