IWOBI

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: IWOBI

Post by Theoperator »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:From todays Standard -

Iwobi accepts the frustration among fans but questioned the method of reaction, telling reporters: "They need to have a bit more respect in my opinion. He's been at the club for 20 years, he’s achieved a lot. Obviously they’re a bit impatient with the results and where they want to finish. We also want to finish there, we want to win the league like anyone else. I can guarantee we are trying our hardest.

Ain't got a clue has he............. a bit impatient with results :banghead:
and fuck me, if he tries, i'd hate to see him play football when he doesn't bother :shock: :oops:
:lol:

Well that's us told. Thanks Iwobi-Wan Kenobi. It's only me being "a bit impatient with the results". Nothing to do with a DECADE of repeated failure. :roll: :banghead:
:lol: :lol:

Is this a thread about your lightsabre now mate. :shock: :wink: :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:From todays Standard -

Iwobi accepts the frustration among fans but questioned the method of reaction, telling reporters: "They need to have a bit more respect in my opinion. He's been at the club for 20 years, he’s achieved a lot. Obviously they’re a bit impatient with the results and where they want to finish. We also want to finish there, we want to win the league like anyone else. I can guarantee we are trying our hardest.

Ain't got a clue has he............. a bit impatient with results :banghead:
and fuck me, if he tries, i'd hate to see him play football when he doesn't bother :shock: :oops:
:lol:

Well that's us told. Thanks Iwobi-Wan Kenobi. It's only me being "a bit impatient with the results". Nothing to do with a DECADE of repeated failure. :roll: :banghead:

Is this a thread about your lightsabre now mate. :shock: :wink: :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Funny how these fucking useless no marks such as Iwobi, Ramsey and Giroud are queuing up to protect there boss...... :rubchin:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

i'm not going to give wenger a break until some no mark like reine adelaide comes out and tells us to be careful what we wish for.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm still waiting patiently for him to complete 90 minutes, let alone win anything

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Just another player whose loyalty Wenger is buying by giving him money and opportunities at this level that he doesn't deserve.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

northbank123 wrote:Just another player whose loyalty Wenger is buying by giving him money and opportunities at this level that he doesn't deserve.
Right on cue he's on the front page of BBC praising the great man in the face of unfair criticism and praying he will stay.

Nobody is going to take him seriously. Fuck off to the Championship.

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

I think it's very unfair people saying he had nothing from the word go. He looked a huge prospect when he broke into the team. Couple of really nice goals, the one at Everton springs to mind. Looked to always want the ball and be positive when he got it. He does seem to have slowed up somewhat, which is sometimes the case with young players, burst on the scene and then dip in form a bit. I hope he kicks on with us next season because I do believe he has something there.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Different manager, different player. Iwobi has a bit about him, but i cant see him filling in the no.10 role. Looks more like a Drogba kind of striker than a playmaker.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:I think it's very unfair people saying he had nothing from the word go. He looked a huge prospect when he broke into the team. Couple of really nice goals, the one at Everton springs to mind. Looked to always want the ball and be positive when he got it. He does seem to have slowed up somewhat, which is sometimes the case with young players, burst on the scene and then dip in form a bit. I hope he kicks on with us next season because I do believe he has something there.

I'd agree that he looked promising originally, but it seems to a frequent refrain at The Arsenal, that youngsters who appear to have potential and start off well, end up fading to very poor and never recover that early promise. While that isn't an unusual or unexpected development, because there's always an element of natural wastage, it's alarming that it seems to be the norm for us. Since cesc and to a lesser extent, rvp were thrown in, it's hard to think of a success. That has to point to a development problem at the Club and the usual common denominator is no doubt the root of the issue. Step up Arsene.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 wrote:Different manager, different player. Iwobi has a bit about him, but i cant see him filling in the no.10 role. Looks more like a Drogba kind of striker than a playmaker.
He's a kid with a lot of pace and not much of a brain. If he is able to grow to understand his strengths and adapt his game to them, he could be a decent player. But young athletic wingers are ten a penny and if I'm being honest he's not doing much (if anything) to stand out from the crowd.

He will never make a 'number 10' as long as I've got a hole in my arse.