IWOBI

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

IWOBI

Post by the playing mantis »

We sold promising german international Gnabry who could beat a man and run at people for a pittance and retained this lad. baffling

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Re: IWOBI

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

He's terrible. League 1 player.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:We sold promising german international Gnabry who could beat a man and run at people for a pittance and retained this lad. baffling
That's why we call the cun.t Clueless. :banghead:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Iwobi a player that get coached out of them to take on and beat players the manager just wants possession football.....tippy tappy sideways football and easy to defend against.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Don't get me started on Gnabry. Couple of seasons ago he was thrust into the side due to injury and did excellently by all accounts. Never given another chance, thrown under a bus by loaning him to that prick Pulis who had no intention of ever playing him and took great glee in publicly ridiculing him and then flogged him off.

Not a chance he would have been treated so badly if he was English.

augie

Post by augie »

As I said on the Sutton match thread, iwobi is garbage as far as I am concerned - he was talked up (for some unknown reason) when he first got into the team, but he just doesn't look like a footballer to me, and I would also say that his body language screams out a "who gives a shit" message :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Iwobi like almost aall young players at some point is experiencing a massive dip in form. It's only around this time last year he broke into the team and he has pretty much stayed there ever since.

He looked very good initially and I still think there's a very good player in there somewhere but like so many before him he's been let down badly by shit for brains.

Instead of shielding the lad by taking him out of the limelight the very minute his form bombed he continues to play him game after game after game and his confidence has tanked as a result.

Hopefully he can get through it (in spite of the manager rather than aided by him as should be the case) but you'd have to be worried.

Also this bullshit being peddled by the club's PR machine constantly calling him #Big17 doesn't help either. Bigging up a player that has done jack shit in his career to date - see also The Jeff :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Can't remember the last time he had a decent game. Does him absolutely no good to have kept playing him week in week out for the last 3 months despite playing this poorly.

augie

Post by augie »

Think ye are being generous to the guy there lads - imo he has NEVER (not even when he broke into the team) suggested that he has the type of ability required to play at the top level. For wenker he is young and capable of being programmed to play his way, and to that end he will always start (even when badly out of form) ahead of a player not so blinded by wenkers bullshit, but who is playing better

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Augie I thought his close control and dribbling were excellent when he broke into the team and he looked a silky player. He could dribble out of tight spaces and did the simple things well.

Of course he then morphed into a player who over complicates the shit out of everything as is coached into all our players and he should have been out of the team with at least 6 months now.

I agree that he never looked a world beater but I saw the makings of a decent player there for sure. Whether he'll ever make the grade under the current regime remains to be seen but for some god unknown reason he seems to be the first name on every team sheet despite his horrific form -aka the Eboue effect 8)

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Leave it out, he's Okocha!s nephew so he's bound to come good!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Average at best

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:Iwobi like almost aall young players at some point is experiencing a massive dip in form. It's only around this time last year he broke into the team and he has pretty much stayed there ever since.

He looked very good initially and I still think there's a very good player in there somewhere but like so many before him he's been let down badly by shit for brains.

Instead of shielding the lad by taking him out of the limelight the very minute his form bombed he continues to play him game after game after game and his confidence has tanked as a result.

Hopefully he can get through it (in spite of the manager rather than aided by him as should be the case) but you'd have to be worried.

Also this bullshit being peddled by the club's PR machine constantly calling him #Big17 doesn't help either. Bigging up a player that has done jack shit in his career to date - see also The Jeff :roll:
Exactly....He looked very good initially
Yes he did ,,,,,was impressive.....got his pay rise and then form dropped......young kid, big money obvious thinks he has made it

Thats where man management comes in......Wenger :roll: ...

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

I think that he’s part of a larger problem at Arsenal, in that all our young prospects plateau very early and get no better, or even regress.

Gibbs
Walnut
Oxbow-Chambermaid
Ramsey
Wilshere

You get the idea. Make the first team; receive vast pay-hike, usually suffer some chronic injury, then nad about for years not really doing much.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

the playing mantis wrote:We sold promising german international Gnabry who could beat a man and run at people for a pittance and retained this lad. baffling
Gnabry plays for the German national team so that says it for me, Wenger is an arsehole, he deserves to be beaten with a banjo!
Iwobi, where the fuck did he come from?
He is one of the laziest fuckers I have ever seen...