IWOBI

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Graham71

Re: IWOBI

Post by Graham71 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Iwobi
Frimpong
Song
Bendtner
Denilson
Coquelin
Gibbs
Chambermaid
Ramsey
Walcott

All multi millionaires before they've achieved a single thing. :banghead:
Add Jack Wheelchair and Diaby to that list.Big contracts to play one game a season :cussing:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Surprised no one has called him the "new" Theo Walcott.

The comparison with Gnabry is pointless because from what I saw Serge would've performed exactly the same as Iwobi under wenger.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

What I have noticed is how we have had countless young players who look full of real potential then over a period of time (4 - 8 months) under wenger's mis-guidance they turn to shyte. :?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Typical Wenker love-child: showed some initial promise, was remunerated way above his ability and is now a fixture as he ‘owes' his career to Le Arsepipe – unlike mean Senor Sanchez who won’t sign a new deal.

File away with Ramsey, Gibbs, aaaand waaay too many to fucking list here.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Poor man's Wilfred Zaha.

As long as Wenger is here then Iwobi will be at th club at least two seasons after its become evident that he isn't good enough.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

His touch is too loose for the PL. He'll be at Palace about 2 years after everyone has realised he isn't good enough. :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:His touch is too loose for the PL. He'll be at Palace about 2 years after everyone has realised he isn't good enough. :|
True. Average player unfortunately

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Despite his performances being in the gutter he's still the first name on the team sheet, he's now just a jester hat, a silly dance and a move to right back away from morphing into full blown comedy Eboue :barscarf:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Come on people. Give the bloke a chance. It's very unfair to slate the bloke. He's young and only a short time in the team.

Because we have become so bitter towards Wenger, are we are now also taking it out on a young player like him.

Is it not the case that he has come into a struggling team and being told to just go out and play, as is usual with Wengers teams. So like the rest of them, he is going out there and trying to play but because of the managers complete lack of game plan, he doesn't know what he is supposed to be doing.
He looks lost (like most of them) because the manager is tactically clueless.
Look at the team, none of them have a clue what is going on, so to blame a young kid is wrong.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPARKSY wrote:Come on people. Give the bloke a chance. It's very unfair to slate the bloke. He's young and only a short time in the team.

Because we have become so bitter towards Wenger, are we are now also taking it out on a young player like him.

Is it not the case that he has come into a struggling team and being told to just go out and play, as is usual with Wengers teams. So like the rest of them, he is going out there and trying to play but because of the managers complete lack of game plan, he doesn't know what he is supposed to be doing.
Look at the team, none of them have a clue what is going on, so to blame a young kid is wrong.
I take your points mate but I'm only referring to his footballing ability. I would venture that most of our team have no clue what they should do because Wenger gives no direction to them. But for me Iwobi is technically quite poor, even for a young player. The manager can't do everything, the player has to have some technical ability too. Of course a better manager might get more from him, but "more" than nothing is still not PL quality.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

SPARKSY wrote:Come on people. Give the bloke a chance. It's very unfair to slate the bloke. He's young and only a short time in the team.

It isn't personal, and Iwobi is completely blameless for the fact that he has been pretty much a permanent fixture in the team. But the fact remains that better young players than him with for top clubs are not regular players - Rashford for example. He is currently at about Harry Winks's level, from what I have seen of the pair of them. Not to say he won't improve, but that's calling it as it is now.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The problem with Iwobi ,as with any Arsenal player is that the same Tip Tappy loosey goosey 5 a side football approach is coached from the very youngest through to the first team .
Thus IWOBI hasn't been taught how to track back after losing the ball or how to defend in any way shape or form !
He will have his natural instinct to shoot worked out of him and thus his effectiveness will reduce the longer he is in the 1st team .

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Great on Instagram.....shit on grass

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

From todays Standard -

Iwobi accepts the frustration among fans but questioned the method of reaction, telling reporters: "They need to have a bit more respect in my opinion. He's been at the club for 20 years, he’s achieved a lot. Obviously they’re a bit impatient with the results and where they want to finish. We also want to finish there, we want to win the league like anyone else. I can guarantee we are trying our hardest.

Ain't got a clue has he............. a bit impatient with results :banghead:
and fuck me, if he tries, i'd hate to see him play football when he doesn't bother :shock: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPARKSY wrote:From todays Standard -

Iwobi accepts the frustration among fans but questioned the method of reaction, telling reporters: "They need to have a bit more respect in my opinion. He's been at the club for 20 years, he’s achieved a lot. Obviously they’re a bit impatient with the results and where they want to finish. We also want to finish there, we want to win the league like anyone else. I can guarantee we are trying our hardest.

Ain't got a clue has he............. a bit impatient with results :banghead:
and fuck me, if he tries, i'd hate to see him play football when he doesn't bother :shock: :oops:
:lol:

Well that's us told. Thanks Iwobi-Wan Kenobi. It's only me being "a bit impatient with the results". Nothing to do with a DECADE of repeated failure. :roll: :banghead: