Victims fc (A) - 4th place trophy - Ko 1730 Sat 4th March - Bt Sport

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Victims fc (A) - 4th place trophy - Ko 1730 Sat 4th March - Bt Sport

Post by northbank123 »

the only part of the story that I'm having difficulty believing is our players confronting him to ththe extent that one of them needed to be held back.

Now Xhaka needlessly two-footing him with a poor challenge I could believe, but one of our other players showing some backbone and aggression? Don't be absurd.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:Don't think it's any sort of mitigation for Wenger and the club that there was a bust-up. Looks worse if anything because it shatters this image they peddle about everyone being happy happy. If he's lost the dressing room that essentially shows that him staying means Sanchez (and in reality Ozil leaving) - Schwarzer said exactly this for BBC article.

Fans and media are not going to be quick to turn against our best player for the last three seasons.
The other way to look at that though is that maybe Sanchez has privately already told Wenger he's leaving. :rubchin: Planting a seed now can easily be spun into "Sanchez was a bad egg in the dressing room" etc after he has left and there is the subsequent outcry from fans. :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:the only part of the story that I'm having difficulty believing is our players confronting him to ththe extent that one of them needed to be held back.

Now Xhaka needlessly two-footing him with a poor challenge I could believe, but one of our other players showing some backbone and aggression? Don't be absurd.
I'd say the Ox might have. :rubchin: Maybe. :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

The other way to look at that though is that maybe Sanchez has privately already told Wenger he's leaving. :rubchin: Planting a seed now can easily be spun into "Sanchez was a bad egg in the dressing room" etc after he has left and there is the subsequent outcry from fans. :|
No flies on you DB that's EXACTLY what this is all about,Wenger is a very clever man who only gets rattled when challenged directly !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

There was a time when defeat to Liverpool for me was as painful as losing to those wankers from up the road......now my level of couldn't give a shitness meant I had more fun attending a 50th wedding anniversary party on Saturday evening than I did worrying about the inevitable outcome of this pile of shit.

As predicted, we lose another big away game with more soft as shit defending and we now head into the dead 2nd leg against Bayern before the false recovery against a selection of muppet teams over the coming five or six games

Who'd have thought it?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:There was a time when defeat to Liverpool for me was as painful as losing to those wankers from up the road......now my level of couldn't give a shitness meant I had more fun attending a 50th wedding anniversary party on Saturday evening than I did worrying about the inevitable outcome of this pile of shit.

As predicted, we lose another big away game with more soft as shit defending and we now head into the dead 2nd leg against Bayern before the false recovery against a selection of muppet teams over the coming five or six games

Who'd have thought it?
As predictable as us putting in limp-dicked performances at United, Everton and Chelsea. Just like we will at Spurs and most likely Stoke as well. As nauseam.