Victims fc (A) - 4th place trophy - Ko 1730 Sat 4th March - Bt Sport

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Victims fc (A) - 4th place trophy - Ko 1730 Sat 4th March - Bt Sport

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
rodders999 wrote:From Vieira and Petit.......to Xhaka and Coquelin.
Yes and of course Wenger brought Petit and Viera to the Club, i was there for their debuts...great fucking players...i for one could not believe it ...and thought Wenger was a miracle worker

But as we all know so badly lost his way in all areas, has far too much faith in Xaha and Coq and Iwobi and Monreal and Ramsey and they are just NOT good enough

He is of course totally culpable, he lives and dies on his decisions, and should be judged accordingly

If he has any rational thinking left in his mind surely he can only come to one decision
When you think about it it's obvious - Vieira and Petit both French, back then Wenger had almost a free reign at a time when the French were producing some of the best players in the world.

Now all that knowledge is known by 100's of other clubs, Wenger's judgement is not as good and we only get France's 2nd rate players - Griezmann, Kante, Benzema? - Nope We get Giroud and Coquelin.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:The great self-harmer does it again.
But that's just it isn't it he is causing harm to the fans - fans set against fans AND he is damaging the club so badly as a whole that it will take quite a few seasons under a very, VERY Good manager to heal the wounds and re-unite us all to The Arsenal Family Club we have all been part of, known and Loved. Breaks my fucking heart is does - Wenger you scumbagCUNT. :evil: :banghead: :box: :cussing:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

only 30 years in football grants you the instinct to drop your best player in a big away game.
only 30 years in football allows you to see how good Alex Iwobi is, so good that he starts every game no matter what.

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:It's almost an entire season now since he joined and I'm still waiting to see what's so great about Xhaka. He looks clumsy, slow and ponderous to me. Yeah, he has a good long pass on him but nothing else... :? Is he the reason Wilshere was loaned out? - if so, Jack should have had more faith in his ability and stayed put another season!

Agree with all that - I really had high hopes for xhaka and I believed that he would be the one who FINALLY would be the ball winning midfielder that I have craved for years. Sadly it seems winning the hard tackles tough and fair isn't actually his forte, and we still need the ball winner in there. Maybe if he had a ball winner alongside him, then he might prove to be the player who controls the game for us with his short and long range passing, but playing alongside coquelin he hasn't showed us anything to suggest that he is good enough

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

g88ner wrote:It's almost an entire season now since he joined and I'm still waiting to see what's so great about Xhaka. He looks clumsy, slow and ponderous to me. Yeah, he has a good long pass on him but nothing else... :? Is he the reason Wilshere was loaned out? - if so, Jack should have had more faith in his ability and stayed put another season!
Yeah scratching my head as to what he offers as well, considering he often plays with a DM (Coq or Elneny) what is his actual role, and why do we conceed fairly often when we appear to be playing with another defensive player in midfield?!. All he does is make rash tackles, pull shirts and push people over in silly places to give away fk's.

:rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Yes and of course Wenger brought Petit and Viera to the Club, i was there for their debuts...great fucking players...i for one could not believe it ...and thought Wenger was a miracle worker

But as we all know so badly lost his way in all areas, has far too much faith in Xaha and Coq and Iwobi and Monreal and Ramsey and they are just NOT good enough

He is of course totally culpable, he lives and dies on his decisions, and should be judged accordingly

If he has any rational thinking left in his mind surely he can only come to one decision
When you think about it it's obvious - Vieira and Petit both French, back then Wenger had almost a free reign at a time when the French were producing some of the best players in the world.

Now all that knowledge is known by 100's of other clubs, Wenger's judgement is not as good and we only get France's 2nd rate players - Griezmann, Kante, Benzema? - Nope We get Giroud and Coquelin.

Agreed what he brought with him has been surpassed by younger more knowledgable and tactically aware mangers.....he is now a dinosaur

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

g88ner wrote:
Fear not, Ramsey is fit again :barscarf:
The only thing missing from today's shit show was Sir Flicks-a-Lot backheeling the ball out for a throw in :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The AKB's will be saying that we rested and saved Sanchez for the Bayern game.... :lol:

4-0 required folks.... :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Allgunsblazin wrote:The AKB's will be saying that we rested and saved Sanchez for the Bayern game.... :lol:

I wonder if Ozil will be over his Flu in time to help us in our great come back?.

:roll: :twisted:

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

I think u'll find the above 3 are in the virtual squad. None would be starting obvioulsy as they'd have Messi, Ronaldo and Pogba ahead of them :twisted:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Allgunsblazin wrote:The AKB's will be saying that we rested and saved Sanchez for the Bayern game.... :lol:

that must be the comments of 12 year olds, stupid ones at that

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

augie wrote:

Agree with all that - I really had high hopes for xhaka and I believed that he would be the one who FINALLY would be the ball winning midfielder that I have craved for years. Sadly it seems winning the hard tackles tough and fair isn't actually his forte, and we still need the ball winner in there. Maybe if he had a ball winner alongside him, then he might prove to be the player who controls the game for us with his short and long range passing, but playing alongside coquelin he hasn't showed us anything to suggest that he is good enough

A blind man could see that we needed a Kante type player at the start of the transfer window January 2016 (yes the window he had said he was going to be very busy in @ start of December. But because we were top he decided to put the cheque book away.) If he wasn't the egomaniac that he is - he'd have bought him and we probably would've won the league last year and maybe this year aswell. Instead he is a dead man walking and has no one to blame but himself (and of course the 4th official :twisted: )

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

But everybody could see that Kante was brilliant last season already. Why sign somebody like him when we can piss away north of 30m on a limited footballer with a discipline problem who gives Wenger's ego the chance to unearth a 'rough diamond?'

Xhaka is shit. He is a complete passenger against any decent team.

Sanchez hasn't been at his best in recent months but fucking hell I would still start him if he had a broken leg over Iwobi who has barely put a foot right since September.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Notice BT are not showing wide shots of our crowd, i wonder if there are any banners and they are avoiding them :rubchin:

Only a small wenger out banner at the end....however at half time there were LOUD renditions of WE WANT WENGER OUT SAY WE WANT WENGER OUT on the concourse ...and no AKB'S in sight....

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Team selection was spot on today apart from the I'll show u who's boss move by dropping Sanchez. Fuck me he was so afraid of him that he brought him on against Sutton so as not to piss him off - then he drops him in a game where his job is on the line.

I believe he said it was tactical :shock: . In what world does a manger drop his most influential player - goals, assists, desire, commitment, effort.

Answer = Wenger World.

On a side note - we don't play for 12 days and the players lacked sharpness. When we play twice in a couple of days they are tired :roll: