Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jumpers For Goalposts

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:02 pm
Any plans for protests?
Yes but it depends on upcoming results, as so many of our fans press the reset button after one victory.

This season has followed exactly the same pattern as before:-

* Bobbing along somewhere near 4th place, miles behind the leaders
* Cannot win away at top teams (Pool, Chelsea, City)
* Capable of losing to anybody (Watford, again)
* Keystone Cops defending
* Same lame excuses and deflectiom from Wenger
* Open contempt from directors
* Laughable nonsense from Gazidis
* Silence from Kroenke

All of the above problems are exactly what we said would happen, if Wenger was given a new contract. It was So predictable. So many people continue to moan about the above problems in which case, why do so many people still refuse to join the protests??

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

A quick update...The fundraiser was initially due to end September, we extended it to end October and then again to the end of November. I forgot to extend it again and it has closed. Tbh maybe it is a good thing as it had lost all traction, the last donation was beginning Sept. There is around £800, which we don't have yet and it is not really enough to do anything with. We have something planned, starting at the end of the week, which will hopefully run until the end of the season and generate some more interest in getting him out. If nothing happens the money can go to charity or when he eventually leaves we can buy a few pints with it. And I mean a few, by the time he leaves they'll probably cost around £20 each.

Anyway that is where we are...and with the incredible surge up into 4th, our fanbase will feel very satisfied and content. AND, we are above Tottnum :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jumpers For Goalposts

xisstential wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Anyway that is where we are...and with the incredible surge up into 4th, our fanbase will feel very satisfied and content. AND, we are above Tottnum :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: [/b][/size]
4th and above Spurs :barscarf: Nothing else matters

augie

Post by augie »

Apologies lads cos I forgot all about donating recently :oops: :oops:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:21 pm
Don't worry about that...you've always been there at donation time. We need to get hundreds of people donating anyway, if we want to do attention grabbing stunts that is, and understandably, the only time people give is if the can see something is being done.

As I say we are starting something this coming weekend.......... in the process of setting it up.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:07 am
augie wrote:
Don't worry about that...you've always been there at donation time. We need to get hundreds of people donating anyway, if we want to do attention grabbing stunts that is, and understandably, the only time people give is if the can see something is being done.

As I say we are starting something this coming weekend.......... in the process of setting it up.
so we have just won the NLD, are back in the top 4 above the scum and you think now is a good time to start protesting?
I am all in favour of getting rid of Wenger, but any protests in the coming week will have ZERO impact.

Wenger survives periods when we are doing badly so to take him on when we are doing well is pointless.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:33 am
xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:

so we have just won the NLD, are back in the top 4 above the scum and you think now is a good time to start protesting?
I am all in favour of getting rid of Wenger, but any protests in the coming week will have ZERO impact.

Wenger survives periods when we are doing badly so to take him on when we are doing well is pointless.
We are not asking anybody to do anything, we have all realised that is futile, doesn't matter what time of the season it is. I put the update re the money as a courtesy to those who donated.

Our fans are obsessed with the "little club" down the road. You would think the way people go on that we knocked them off top spot. We are 4th...AS USUAL!! Fuck spurs, they are not a problem...Wenger is, challenging for the title is...challenging for anything meaningful is.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:58 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:

We are not asking anybody to do anything, we have all realised that is futile, doesn't matter what time of the season it is. I put the update re the money as a courtesy to those who donated.

Our fans are obsessed with the "little club" down the road. You would think the way people go on that we knocked them off top spot. We are 4th...AS USUAL!! Fuck spurs, they are not a problem...Wenger is, challenging for the title is...challenging for anything meaningful is.
I was just referring to your comment about "starting something this weekend".

I also agree with you about that little club next to us, i have never seem them as more than an irritation and not genuine rivals.
Chelsea remain our biggest recent "London" rivals because they actually win titles.

Fact is though this season Wenger is doing a lot better than most thought that he would be doing. Big tests still to come of course.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 am
Fact is though this season Wenger is doing a lot better than most thought that he would be doing. Big tests still to come of course.
Is he? For me he is doing the same as normal.
Four defeats already and very unlikely to do anything in the league, possibly get a top 4 without ever challenging, same as normal.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

NickF wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:49 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Four defeats already and very unlikely to do anything in the league, possibly get a top 4 without ever challenging, same as normal.
And, what's more it is illusory. This, as far as I can remember, is the longest he has taken to break into the top 4. Normally we ride fairly high until November when we slip down to 3rd or 4th, then spend the rest of the season trying to stay there. This season he has taken until the end of November just to get there. Of course on the back of winning the NLD, our fans feel & behave like we're top.

This is what happens when expectations are drive into the ground.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Gunner Rob wrote:

Your post has given me a huge sense of deja vu -

Arsenal in 4th place
Players mouthing off after one victory (Bellerin this time)
Just beaten Spurs
Fans finding any excuse not to protest
Arsenal light years behind the leaders

We've been here before but it never ends well . . . . . .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:49 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
he might not be doing any different than normal but isnt that better than a lot on here expected ?
I think most accepted that we were heading towards 6th, 7th, 8th. I am not sure i see that now.

is it good that we are only competing for 4th place? NO, but the team is not doing too bad still.
For me Liverpool and Man City I had down as "expected" defeats, and I genuinely think we were unlucky to lose at Watford (that is the only result in the past 2 years where I think we were unlucky, so I don't often make an excuse like that) Stoke City. Poor result. I was away and didnt see it, but that's the only result this season that has been a disappointment really. Surprised.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Anyone that thinks we will finish 7th or 8th has not been watching the PL, or just likes to post hysterical stuff on here. The simple truth is we are "good enough" to get in that top 6 anywhere from 6th to 3rd tbh. And we have every chance of getting into the mythical top 4. We are nowhere near winning it, or even challenging for it, but it is such a top heavy league there are only a handful of teams with a realistic chance of the top 6 and we are one of them. Citeh, manure, Arsenal, chavs, mousers, and scum will be the top 6 in whatever order. Again.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:34 pm
Anyone that thinks we will finish 7th or 8th has not been watching the PL, or just likes to post hysterical stuff on here. The simple truth is we are "good enough" to get in that top 6 anywhere from 6th to 3rd tbh. And we have every chance of getting into the mythical top 4. We are nowhere near winning it, or even challenging for it, but it is such a top heavy league there are only a handful of teams with a realistic chance of the top 6 and we are one of them. Citeh, manure, Arsenal, chavs, mousers, and scum will be the top 6 in whatever order. Again.
Yeah the PL is far more predictable than Sky etc. like to make out, especially when it comes to the title - take the random Leicester 'event' out of the question and who has won the PL each season since we last won it 13 years ago? - City, Chelsea and United, all the "money teams" have hoovered up.

I think a lot depends on Sanchez though, when you take him out of our team we look a lot more like a 6th place club rather than 4th (with him), we have to get back in the CL because what with our penny pinching wig wearing owner and losing Sanchez, we will need to spend a lot to maintain our place amongst the top 4, trouble is do the top players even want to play for Wenger anymore?, I doubt it.