Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by franksav63 »

RobG wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:46 pm
Well....his preposterous Luck, just ran out. :D

Normally we plan a protest and he wins three on the bounce.

Now there is no excuse. I hope we get a solid turnout.

Wenger’s position is in effect- untenable :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

I wonder what the odds are that the ‘protest’ will be the dampest of squibs?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

A few things that are certain ,the numbers will be played down by the media , the police and the club who will ignore it in their usual manner.

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:27 pm
A few things that are certain ,the numbers will be played down by the media , the police and the club who will ignore it in their usual manner.
Depends what media you're talking about. The tabloids and social media love the Wenger Out stuff, it generates huge amounts of traffic and advertising revenue from sadistic fans of other clubs.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Very m,uch doubt that the club worry about social media and I doubt that Chips and Co read the Sun and Mirror and Stan might read the Denver Post or possibly now the L.A Times.

The club has proved over and over that they pay little or no regard to people complaining , it doesn't even matter should the bowl be half empty because all the ticket sales only pay for about a third of the players salaries. The bulk comes from B.T Sky and other sponsors.

Sean

Post by Sean »

So are we still on for 4pm tomorrow? I shall bring the 1886 banner :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

So was there a protest?

No posts about it in the 24hrs leading up to the protest seems a bad sign :shock:

Sean

Post by Sean »

With the rain, barely 50 people turned up, so we didn't march. Typical. Wasn't as bad as the West Ham no show back in April, but still disappointing.

It was nice to see MattyB and a few familiar faces; I have passed the '1886 not 1996' banner onto him. A bunch of us have swapped numbers to bring in more connections to the protest group. After about 40 minutes in Avenell Road lamenting the state of the club Matty and I had a pint in The Gunners and it was heaving in there. I see that some AKB wankers took some videos and photos taking the piss our of us on Twatter, but they never said boo to us.

It all feels so hopeless. Not enough people give a fuck to protest. If we win the League Cup at the end of the month we are finished for another year.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

GTG

Post by GTG »

Leave it for now lads not worth your efforts.

I listened to DT's views on fan TV (I know I know) and he called the protestors "idiots" because of the timing after the transfer window.

What you mean the window where we Signed replacements for players that left but still failed to address the fundamental areas of weakness? And what the fuck did the window have to do with the mismanagement of Wenger for the last decade?

It really struck me that we really aren't going to get anywhere with the protests because even those who want him out can't decide when it's the right time to protest.

To me if you want him out you want him out it shouldn't make a difference what signings the club make or any of it because we've seen so many times it makes no difference. Any opportunity to protest should be supported on mass.

At United, liverpool etc that's exactly what would happen.

I've said this at every game I've been to this season.... Our fans get the club they deserve.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

GTG wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:33 am

I listened to DT's views on fan TV (I know I know) and he called the protestors "idiots" because of the timing after the transfer window.

What you mean the window where we Signed replacements for players that left but still failed to address the fundamental areas of weakness? And what the fuck did the window have to do with the mismanagement of Wenger for the last decade?

It really struck me that we really aren't going to get anywhere with the protests because even those who want him out can't decide when it's the right time to protest.

To me if you want him out you want him out it shouldn't make a difference what signings the club make or any of it because we've seen so many times it makes no difference. Any opportunity to protest should be supported on mass.

I've said this at every game I've been to this season.... Our fans get the club they deserve.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I did say a few weeks back it was a bad game for a protest.

One of the reasons for the poor attendance might be that there are a lot of rumours behind the scenes, that Wenger is to be replaced by Ancelotti at the end of the season. I have heard this from two people working in the media, one works fir BT and has been saying this for a few weeks (she’s the one who does the vlog match reviews on BT after each game).

Whether this is true will remain to be seen, but Wenger had no hand in the January transfer window. His influence seems to be diminishing.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The lack of interest doesn't surprise me at all because the majority of the fan base at games now are JCLs who take their excitement and motivation from the transfer window and the Champions League. For reasons that are still lost on me the transfer window has been viewed as a success whilst a home game against Allardyce's chumps was never likely to be the banana skin match that would see fan discontent

Personally speaking I think that by mid-March the faint, lingering hopes of the CL will be officially over and I fully expect us to have been dicked twice by City (including the final) and the magic dust of the transfer window to have rubbed off.

Save the next one till March

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 am
GTG wrote:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I did say a few weeks back it was a bad game for a protest.

One of the reasons for the poor attendance might be that there are a lot of rumours behind the scenes, that Wenger is to be replaced by Ancelotti at the end of the season. I have heard this from two people working in the media, one works fir BT and has been saying this for a few weeks (she’s the one who does the vlog match reviews on BT after each game).

Whether this is true will remain to be seen, but Wenger had no hand in the January transfer window. His influence seems to be diminishing.
And yet the reporter scum on Sunday Supplement said the exact opposite. They said Wenger still controls every significant aspect of the club including transfers. Forget this rumours horse shit. No one outside that board room has a true idea what is happening. :roll:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 am
GTG wrote:

And yet the reporter scum on Sunday Supplement said the exact opposite. They said Wenger still controls every significant aspect of the club including transfers. Forget this rumours horse shit. No one outside that board room has a true idea what is happening. :roll:
Wenger would never have bought Aubameyang imo. He would have decided Mhika is enough. His influence is diminishing for sure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42897568

Great article this, with an insight of what is going on behind the scenes. Wenger used to look crushed after a defeat in the PL/CL this season he doesn’t look like any defeat bothers him.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I think most want him out and doubt that's changed but the club just made good of a bad situation with a genuine top name coming In upfront, people are just not going to turn up for that, one of the biggest complaints is that we don't spend the money, we just broke our transfer record so you must see that the timing was always against this.

Timing is everything.

Also, I think a lot can see what's going on behind the scenes with Ivan and most must be hoping that it's going to come to a natural end, I'd sit and watch and see if it unfolds or not, they won't remove him before the end of the season and Ivan looks like he's making to moves for that to happen.
Last edited by Gunnersaurus on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobG

Post by RobG »

I just can't believe that we are still looking at an unruffled status quo. The hall mark of Wengo is his pitiful desperation in clinging onto the same personnel ad infinitum. Rice almost had to get a Doctor's certificate to get out. Wenger clings to his 'Yes Men' at all costs and won't countenance any changes. If he was still all powerful he would never have sanctioned Mislintat and the Sanhelli - and I don't think that they would have come, either.

The big question is :- 'Will Wenger go in May ?' Or have we got to suffer another season ? My guess, is that it will hinge on where we finish once the final ball is kicked. But I honestly think that we are on the fag end of the Wenger era.

The Club is clearly looking to put a structure in place, similar to almost every comparable Club, that means that a new Manager slots into a structure around him, leaving him to deal with Coaching, Management and tactics for the First Team - and that's it.

And not before time :o

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

He won't leave at the end of this season. I wish I could suggest otherwise but it would just be delusional to do so. They've just given him a two year deal, which won't have been accompanied by giving Gazidis or anybody else the mandate to undermine him enough to get him to quit.

When he finally fucks off, he will want absolutely everybody to be absolutely clear that it is (a) entirely his decision and (b) in no way an admission that he's not the right man for the job any more. If he walks away after a 6th placed finish halfway through his deal, he won't be able to maintain that facade so he simply won't walk.