Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
HerbertBu

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by HerbertBu »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:38 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:01 am
from todays Sun...

Wenger said: “There are two ways: you ignore your age and you live like you live forever, or you think ‘OK, I think I am born for competition’.

“My real need is the desire to compete. It has never been financial. If it was, I would not be here.”
I love how easy it is for rich bastards to say "it isn't about the money". :roll: :lol:
Exactly. Also, words are meaningless, he's proven the opposite of that to be true with his actions.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Sean wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:21 pm
I hope to make my contribution to the fund in the new year sometime. Apologies to all.

I felt we missed a trick by not doing anything in September, between the Liverpool and Bournemouth games. There was a lot of anger around. We knew we'd be on our traditional flat-track bully run until we meet Citeh on Sunday. That game and the scum game will be telling though. I'll be surprised if we get more than one point in six there.

Is there any word on any protests/activities before February? No specifics necessary, of course.
not half as much anger as there will be in the next few weeks
i genuinely don't think we will win more than 1 of our next 5 PL games

Clash

Post by Clash »

Born for competition?? :D :roll: What a crock of shit .... and from a man who said he would sign for 2nd place for 20 years!!

And just look at the mediocre record of this nonentity:

Quite clearly Arsenal made him a big name in football ... but some :censored: tell us it was the other way round!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clash wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:09 pm
Born for competition?? :D :roll: What a crock of shit .... and from a man who said he would sign for 2nd place for 20 years!!

And just look at the mediocre record of this nonentity:

Quite clearly Arsenal made him a big name in football ... but some :censored: tell us it was the other way round!
If ever a location was begging for a Wenker Out sticker to be slapped on it.............

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Sean wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:21 pm
I hope to make my contribution to the fund in the new year sometime. Apologies to all.

I felt we missed a trick by not doing anything in September, between the Liverpool and Bournemouth games. There was a lot of anger around. We knew we'd be on our traditional flat-track bully run until we meet Citeh on Sunday. That game and the scum game will be telling though. I'll be surprised if we get more than one point in six there.

Is there any word on any protests/activities before February? No specifics necessary, of course.
We tried Sean. We tried to block the car park exits after the Bournemouth match but couldn't get the numbers. We tried also to arrange a March before the West Brom game but once again, we had to cancel it due to lack of interest.

As you saw last season, there's only so much that the protest organisers can do with the money we've got available. If people want change in the boardroom or dugout (or both!!) then what has to happen is people need to get off their arses and get involved.

We did make a huge impact last season. Wenger and the board were really shocked at our protests and the negative publicity / scrutiny that followed.

We need to do that again but this time - no excuses. If enough people get involved we can force the issue. As I've said time and time again - they cannot ignore thousands marching outside or open revolt inside the stadium.

Sean

Post by Sean »

TOF's career doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Three titles in 34 years is nothing special, plus reaching only three European finals in that time and losing them all is crap. He won one title and one French Cup with Monaco; the rest of his silverware has been won with us. We made him, not the other way round.

Jumpers, I do sympathise that the numbers aren't there. It sounds like we're restricted to spring and summer, if it's possible at all. I think lot of Gooners were broken by that latest contract extension, including myself. Let me know when you need me, mate. I may not be as active here in future, as it has all been said, but drop me PM for an event when necessary. A few of the lads have my number as well.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Man City 3-1 Arsenal

POSITIVES

* IT WASN'T RAPE ( under 4 goals scored against...not technically defined as rape)
* LACA SCORED AGAINST A TOP 6 TEAM! 1st goal 4 Arsenal , against TOP 6 opposition, in the 3 matches (so far...) out of 10 for the season. Gud 4 him!
* NO INJURIES...i think...( mental maybe...hopefully not!)
*THE GULF IN CLASS was the Referees fault and MAN CITY IS OWNED BY A MINT... etc!....so positive excuses in the plenty for Arsenal & their fans to cover over small cracks...small...
* LE COQ returned & did make more than 1 crucial interception, Detective style, like he used to, even though he was played out of position.
* Arsenal players STOOD UP AND WATCHED Mancity ping around the ball ( while staying in their 'Defensive' positions & formation like TOTEM POLES!!)
and watched City Have possession with no attempt to retrieve or intercept it..in the first half.....BUT..in the second half they were actually combative for the ball.....at.....TIMES!!!!
*Arsenal Fan TV & CHILL 4 the masses!!! (Bitter sweet 4 all true Arsenal fans)

Clash

Post by Clash »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:35 pm

If ever a location was begging for a Wenker Out sticker to be slapped on it.............
haha yeah :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

am I right in thinking that 78% of the AST were against the contract extension for Wenger when they voted back in spring?
if so then what is this group doing about trying to remove Wenger? Clearly the vast majority of them can't be happy with the way things are going?

although it is fantastic what a few people from here did last season I have always been of the view that the only way protests can have a chance of working is if they were led by official supporters groups. the less engaged supporters might then consider joining in.

it needs members from the AST, the BSM and Red Action (yeah I know, i know) to all co ordinate a protest before an upcoming home game.
will that happen? unlikely, but the apathetic nature of the fanbase is what is killing the club more than Wenger, more than Kroenke or anything else.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 am
am I right in thinking that 78% of the AST were against the contract extension for Wenger when they voted back in spring?
if so then what is this group doing about trying to remove Wenger? Clearly the vast majority of them can't be happy with the way things are going?

although it is fantastic what a few people from here did last season I have always been of the view that the only way protests can have a chance of working is if they were led by official supporters groups. the less engaged supporters might then consider joining in.

it needs members from the AST, the BSM and Red Action (yeah I know, i know) to all co ordinate a protest before an upcoming home game.
will that happen? unlikely, but the apathetic nature of the fanbase is what is killing the club more than Wenger, more than Kroenke or anything else.
We got it going last season Rob...they should have joined us en masse. We would have been happy for them to take over and we would have made up the numbers.....and the numbers, with them leading, would have got big...big enough to force Wenger out I believe. But they did sweet FA and as soon as we beat City in the semi''s it was game over.

If I had given up caring about Arsenal I would have said....well you've asked for it,now you've got it...but seeing that egomaniac destroying our once massive football club drives me nuts.

I see a real mess ahead for him this November and hopefully, before Man.U, we can fire it up again.....hopefully this time we can get the backing of the official supporters groups...be even better if they led it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

that's good to know (and quite depressing really how useless they have been)

this season has turned out exactly how I thought it would (and no doubt yourself as well)
basically it has been a slow burner until now, but once the international break is over it is going to really get ugly.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Any plans for protests?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:02 pm
Any plans for protests?
Not yet but we are working on it.

A lot of our fans are embarrassed by his comments on Sterling. Should we lose the NLD and he tries the same deflecting stunt people are going to be even more pissed.

I honestly think people would respect him more if he took responsility for these defeats.....his constant deflecting has worn thin.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Dear Lord

I pray that there will be a protest at the Tottenham game. A protest against mediocrity, with #kronke out # wengerout and sprinklings of #UsmanovIN displayed by strong fans that care not for theirs numbers! I pray that you hear their voice and save us, save Wenger from himself, his love for the club, dragging it down simultaneously with his own degredation, and the SICK Kronke happy to drain his life force because he knows despite abject results Wenger & Arsenal will make him MONEY. Greedy bastard! Hear out cries, hear our voice, & I hope Usmanov hears it to and does something! Sends some Oligarks to Kronke's bedside and SMOTHERs HIM with MONEY!!! enough for him to forget about Arsenal & Fog off back to America, take the money & actually IMPROVE the RAMS-CLIPPERS- and whatever half-assed teams he owns over there!! WIN-WIN

COYG

Arsenal fan

NickF

Post by NickF »

Good to see a "Wenger out" card right in front of Barney during the darts tonight. Well played!