Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
armchair

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by armchair »

SteveO 35 wrote:
OK, lets assume Wenger leaves at the end of the season. Armchair - do you honestly trust this cock to appoint a serial winner of a manager like Simeone who might ruffle a few feathers? More likely he'll let goon features pick his own successor.....and that is why the club needs shot of him
Thats a chance Im prepared to take SteveO.
Doesnt have to be Simeone. But remember no'one had heard of Wenger before he came to us. What I do know is Wenger needs to go and Im at the stage now (and for quite some time) where I pretty much dont care who comes in. Couldnt do much worse with our resources than a couple Cups in 13yrs eh?

Of course Id love Simeone but its not who replaces him thats important for me right now but when.....

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

armchair wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
OK, lets assume Wenger leaves at the end of the season. Armchair - do you honestly trust this cock to appoint a serial winner of a manager like Simeone who might ruffle a few feathers? More likely he'll let goon features pick his own successor.....and that is why the club needs shot of him
Doesnt have to be Simeone. But remember no'one had heard of Wenger before he came to us. What I do know is Wenger needs to go and Im at the stage now (and for quite some time) where I pretty much dont care who comes in. Couldnt do much worse with our resources than a couple Cups in 13yrs eh?

Of course Id love Simeone but its not who replaces him thats important for me right now but when.....
Armchair, your myopic view of this situation at our club and absolute hatred for AW does not in anyway lessen SteveO's and SK-GTFO' s arguments, there is no point in getting rid of Wenger unless a guaranteed successor of a higher standard replaces him, which under Stan the Wig is highly unlikely to happen.

When he has had to replace Coaches at his American franchises they have been pretty much in the same mould as the one being replaced,every time! Therefore whether you don't like American sport is immaterial, whether you pay attention to his American team is however highly relevant because he has been running most of those franchises for longer than he has Arsenal and they are exactly what sets the blueprint for his vision of Arsenal PLC.

Stan WILL replace Wenger in his own time with someone of a similar vein, he wants an accountant who keeps the money ticking over with little fuss or involvement required. This talk of 1 year or 2 Year extensions isn't about getting a manager in who can win things, it's about someone who can make money just like OGL.

mzk90

Post by mzk90 »

armchair wrote:Why would Wenger suddenly change everything hes been doing for a decade or more cause theres a different owner?
On the contrary he'd probably see it as an opportunity to continue. A new begining for him. Another chance to peddle his special brand of mediocrity to someone else. Be like a clean slate for him, the crafty, lying fecker.

So do people think they'll get rid of Wenger by trying to get Kroenke out? By calling for "KroenkeOut" they'll somehow get "WengerOut"?

That dont make any sense to me.

If you think calling for Kroenke to leave will stop Wenger from being a failure then you're wrong. It wont. Wenger is and will be a failure no-matter who owns the club.

Also if you're calling for Kroenke to leave in the hope that a different owner will come in and sack Wenger then, thats a long, convoluted and protracted way of getting rid of him. And absolutely NO guarantee a new owner would do that.
A new owner would probably keep the status quo cause its working. (In their eyes. They're not fans remember) Even Usmanov has made pro Wenger statements in the recent past.

If you want change where it matters - on the pitch. You dont try to oust someone who has zero influence on the pitch.
If you want WengerOut then you try to get WengerOut. Not some roundabout way getting Kroenke out hoping that will mean WengerOut too.

There are still many, many fans who attend games and those who dont who still back Wenger, who want him to stay, who would never dream of having him sacked.
You seriously think a new owner will sack him when there ars still loads of fans who wouldnt.

If you want to see change on the pitch, you have to get rid of Wenger. Not Kroenke.
Nail. Head.

General

Post by General »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
armchair wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Armchair, your myopic view of this situation at our club and absolute hatred for AW does not in anyway lessen SteveO's and SK-GTFO' s arguments, there is no point in getting rid of Wenger unless a guaranteed successor of a higher standard replaces him, which under Stan the Wig is highly unlikely to happen.
So what is your solution then? Maintain the status quo as wiggy isn't going anywhere anytime soon?

The reality is there aren't many dinosaurs left in world football so I'm comfortable with getting shot of this fraud safe in the knowledge that wiggy couldn't replace him like for like even if he tried. Whoever comes in is certainly not going to benefit from the same autonomy and power base built up over 2 decades. This would mean a system that's more receptive to feedback and open to change.

There is no guarantee with a successor, high quality or not. We might fail, we might not, it would certainly help eradicate some of the outdated playing methods and predictable failure pattern we've been peddling for the past decade.

armchair

Post by armchair »

GoonerMuzz wrote:there is no point in getting rid of Wenger unless a guaranteed successor of a higher standard replaces him which under Stan the Wig is unlikely to happen......
What a sad defeatest attitude and one thankfully all those who have protested and who will continue to protest dont agree with.

There is every point in getting rid of Wenger fs.
With or without a successor. Hes harming us with every minute he stays. Right now, today, hes harming us. We need him gone and the sooner the better.

The old..............
"cant change Wenger because the new manager might be worse" argument is what I hear from lazy pundits and AKBs.
Its jyst the old.............
"be careful what you wish for" or "who could possibly replace him" nonsense that they love to trot out.

Theres plenty of managers out there. We should maybe get someone in from the J League. Some unknown. Give them a chance.

Oh and whats so great about Wenger that a better replacement is gonna be so hard to find?

Like I said.... two cups in 13years with the resources we have. Whats so special that someone else couldnt equal or better?

markyp

Post by markyp »

armchair wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:there is no point in getting rid of Wenger unless a guaranteed successor of a higher standard replaces him which under Stan the Wig is unlikely to happen......
What a sad defeatest attitude and one thankfully all those who have protested and who will continue to protest dont agree with.

There is every point in getting rid of Wenger fs.
With or without a successor. Hes harming us with every minute he stays. Right now, today, hes harming us. We need him gone and the sooner the better.

The old..............
"cant change Wenger because the new manager might be worse" argument is what I hear from lazy pundits and AKBs.
Its jyst the old.............
"be careful what you wish for" or "who could possibly replace him" nonsense that they love to trot out.

Theres plenty of managers out there. We should maybe get someone in from the J League. Some unknown. Give them a chance.

Oh and whats so great about Wenger that a better replacement is gonna be so hard to find?

Like I said.... two cups in 13years with the resources we have. Whats so special that someone else couldnt equal or better?
totally agree,i couldn't care if we get a david moyes type in first cos one thing is for sure wiggy isn't going to settle for mid table mediocrity for long so he will be sent on his way pretty soon,the main point is getting rid if wenger even if it means a couple of seasons of mediocrity otherwise he will still be here in 10 years time

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:War has been declared...pick a side..the gloves are off now..as long as we have the finances we are going to attack him relentlessly.

WENGER OUT!! .......KROENKE NEXT!!

AS for this "Getting behind the team" crap...good luck with that, you'll be in a wheelchair still waiting for him to go....if we don't drive him out he will NEVER leave.

It defies belief that you actually need to say any of that again - to my mind any Gooner who has an "ah well, let's support the team now" ethos to the new contract being signed, isn't a guy that wants wenger out and isn't convinced that we NEED to get him out :roll: If/When the new contract signing is confirmed, the wob can either galvanise the troops and increase the pressure on wenker, or they will accept the fact that AFC is no longer the club we grew up with and walk away from the club forever - sadly I think that I will be in the latter group :cry:
yeah if he signs as expected, if not already thats it....another 5 years maybe of fans arguing and trading blows at away games.....fucking joke

scum and West Ham wanting to have a go and we are fighting ourselves....i think the away fans will eventually dwindle in number...cannot see the tourists going away giving good support....he is killing the club

Are you prepared for another 5 years of all this shit....it is depressing

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I don't doubt that a new contract will see a lot of fans drift away. I don't go as much anymore (especially home games) and although the odd away trip is a great chance to catch up with my old man I don't think I'll be going anywhere as long as he is here. Turning down a ticket to Wembley would have been unthinkable but I have zero inclination to go to the City game.

But with the rate at which away tickets are snapped up these days I think it's a bit of a fantasy that numbers will fall.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
armchair wrote:Why would Wenger suddenly change everything hes been doing for a decade or more cause theres a different owner?
On the contrary he'd probably see it as an opportunity to continue. A new begining for him. Another chance to peddle his special brand of mediocrity to someone else. Be like a clean slate for him, the crafty, lying fecker.

So do people think they'll get rid of Wenger by trying to get Kroenke out? By calling for "KroenkeOut" they'll somehow get "WengerOut"?

That dont make any sense to me.

If you think calling for Kroenke to leave will stop Wenger from being a failure then you're wrong. It wont. Wenger is and will be a failure no-matter who owns the club.

Also if you're calling for Kroenke to leave in the hope that a different owner will come in and sack Wenger then, thats a long, convoluted and protracted way of getting rid of him. And absolutely NO guarantee a new owner would do that.
A new owner would probably keep the status quo cause its working. (In their eyes. They're not fans remember) Even Usmanov has made pro Wenger statements in the recent past.

If you want change where it matters - on the pitch. You dont try to oust someone who has zero influence on the pitch.
If you want WengerOut then you try to get WengerOut. Not some roundabout way getting Kroenke out hoping that will mean WengerOut too.

There are still many, many fans who attend games and those who dont who still back Wenger, who want him to stay, who would never dream of having him sacked.
You seriously think a new owner will sack him when there ars still loads of fans who wouldnt.

If you want to see change on the pitch, you have to get rid of Wenger. Not Kroenke.
You need to read up about Kroenke, he is still the bigger issuer - Wenger is the short term problem, Kroenke is the long term problem, well hopefully more medium term but then if people are going to keep backing him, despite all the evidence in the US of his teams being s**t, then I don't know what hope there is for Arsenal.

Hopefully once the accountant is gone people will turn their anger on to the poisonous wigged one.
Exactly - look at the track record of all his "franchises" in the US, coupled with the fact he'd move them the breadth of the country to make some more dollar. The guy is a Grade A c.unt and all the while he runs this "franchise" we'll be shit just like all the others he runs.

Lets look at this rationally for a minute - do we believe that it would take a someone or allegri level of manager, to improve this team ? Do we believe that it would take a top quality manager to organize this team tactically and motivate them week after week ? I think that we both know the answer to that is an emphatic no, and any type of half decent manager would have led us to winning the league last season instead of finishing a whopping 10pts behind relegation fodder Leicester :oops: :oops: :oops:
Put simply, wenker is the problem both in the short-term and medium term, and he is the cancer that needs to be removed from the club NOW - some people seem to think that his next contract will be his last one with us, but didn't we think that last time too ? We absolutely need shot of kroenke and I have known that for a long time (some may remember the abuse I got for being pro-usmanov back a few years ago :roll: ), but for the here and now there isn't a doubt that wenker needs to go and if he isn't pushed out now, chances are we will be stuck with him for a few more years yet

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yes, Wonga has to go no matter what. He is a major part of the problem at the club. He has little or no true ambition other than keeping the owner happy, no discipline, no tactics, motivation, is a total dictator......we all know what he is like and he has to go.
I still maintain that one of the main reasons Kranky doesn't get rid is 'CHANGE COSTS MONEY'!! Wonga might be at the end of his contract but all the useless coaches and employees (yes men) that Wonga has employed may all have long contracts and if Wonga went, then a new manager would cost a fortune on a good contract but paying off useless planks like Steve Bould et al would cost a fortune. Then there is the fact that a new manager with half a brain would need to get rid of at least 6 or 7 players on HUUUUUUUGE contracts, not easy and would like to sign several. So Kranky sees change as a money drain so he is happy for the status quo to remain as it doesn't cost him much at all.

Oh, and anyone who believes the media when they say Wonga has been told/will make a major overhaul this summer has learnt NOTHING in the last 20 years. Wonga likes continuity, likes yes men. He is not going to overhaul anything, he'll just sign another couple of no marks to replace our best couple of players. Next season will be worse......much worse under Wonga. I said many years ago that he will lead us to mid-table, it will happen if he stays at the club (which of course he will).

NickF

Post by NickF »

TeeCee wrote:Yes, Wonga has to go no matter what. He is a major part of the problem at the club. He has little or no true ambition other than keeping the owner happy, no discipline, no tactics, motivation, is a total dictator......we all know what he is like and he has to go.
I still maintain that one of the main reasons Kranky doesn't get rid is 'CHANGE COSTS MONEY'!! Wonga might be at the end of his contract but all the useless coaches and employees (yes men) that Wonga has employed may all have long contracts and if Wonga went, then a new manager would cost a fortune on a good contract but paying off useless planks like Steve Bould et al would cost a fortune. Then there is the fact that a new manager with half a brain would need to get rid of at least 6 or 7 players on HUUUUUUUGE contracts, not easy and would like to sign several. So Kranky sees change as a money drain so he is happy for the status quo to remain as it doesn't cost him much at all.

Oh, and anyone who believes the media when they say Wonga has been told/will make a major overhaul this summer has learnt NOTHING in the last 20 years. Wonga likes continuity, likes yes men. He is not going to overhaul anything, he'll just sign another couple of no marks to replace our best couple of players. Next season will be worse......much worse under Wonga. I said many years ago that he will lead us to mid-table, it will happen if he stays at the club (which of course he will).
That would be done within operational costs (i.e. the vast amount of money we earn every year), wouldn't personally cost Kroenke anything and wouldn't make the slightest difference to the share price.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Afc5123 wrote:AKB's planning their own banners, funny how apparently were all stupid for doing it then they copy us?

Practice what you preach.
Guy posted the following on Twitter:

"We aren't campaigning for a new contract. We just feel the disrespect is unnecessary and plan to show our appreciation for a club legend."

Even the AKBs don't really want him so they are now going on about respect.
All they end up doing is sending a very confused message.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Surely if they are genuine about it not being about campaigning for him to stay they would keep the banner under wraps until he has announced his departure.

It won't do us much damage - it is as weak as dishwater and although it doesn't say so it implies that it is a valedictory message from well-wishers rather than an attempt to persuade him/the club that he is still the man for the job.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

armchair

Post by armchair »

There is already a respectful banner thanking Wenger for his "services"

But for some reason the AKBs object to the "Thanks for the Memories banner too.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I had hoped by now that everyone on here had agreed the right way forward - that is to 1) Get rid of Wenger and 2) get rid of Kroenke

yes I understand why people want to target Kroenke, he is ultimately what is killing the club and I maintained several years ago now on here that he was the biggest problem at the club. I stand by that, HOWEVER to defeat that problem there is the small issue of getting rid of a stubborn, senile OAP who gets paid by the club to do very little. His main job is to provide a shield for Kroenke and he has been very effective at that. He has little followers, known as AKBs who also offer protection to Kroenke.

Get rid of Wenger and his followers and Kroenke loses his shield, and so is therefore exposed NO MATTER WHO IS BROUGHT IN TO REPLACE WENGER. It is unfortunately likely to be someone crap, so dont expect a sudden upturn in results. Never mind, a few years of mid table rubbish will hopefully send the tourists to West Ham or Spurs and Kroenke will realise he is not making any money and fuck off.

Only then will Arsenal start to regain its identity, but the process can't start until Wenger is gone (and that is already about FIVE years too late)
Bring on the protests.