Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by BFG4 »

That guy Tom Canton who runs the Gooner Talk, came out with this gem over the weekend on Twitter - "For me, the players have spoken & have said that these protests DO have an effect on the team. If you protest, you're no longer supporting".

So because it upsets these bottlers, fans should stop protesting and put up with another two years of Wenger. It also amazes me, that anyone would put any importance in what the likes of Giroud thinks, when he and a lot of other players have only survived at the club, because Wenger is still here. Fans who claim to be Wenger out, but up shit like this are far worse than AKB'S, and I think deep down, most would be happy enough to see Wenger sign a new deal.

NickF

Post by NickF »

BFG4 wrote:That guy Tom Canton who runs the Gooner Talk, came out with this gem over the weekend on Twitter - "For me, the players have spoken & have said that these protests DO have an effect on the team. If you protest, you're no longer supporting".

So because it upsets these bottlers, fans should stop protesting and put up with another two years of Wenger. It also amazes me, that anyone would put any importance in what the likes of Giroud thinks, when he and a lot of other players have only survived at the club, because Wenger is still here. Fans who claim to be Wenger out, but up shit like this are far worse than AKB'S, and I think deep down, most would be happy enough to see Wenger sign a new deal.
Sad to hear Tom say that sort of thing, however we protest before and after the game not during.
The players are so removed from reality nowadays I'm surprise they even know about it.

It is because we support Arsenal we do protest. You think a fan (like tom) would recognise this.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

NickF wrote:
BFG4 wrote:That guy Tom Canton who runs the Gooner Talk, came out with this gem over the weekend on Twitter - "For me, the players have spoken & have said that these protests DO have an effect on the team. If you protest, you're no longer supporting".

Sad to hear Tom say that sort of thing, however we protest before and after the game not during.
The players are so removed from reality nowadays I'm surprise they even know about it.

It is because we support Arsenal we do protest. You think a fan (like tom) would recognise this.
I used to watch TGT when Craig was the presenter, and Tom would be a regular guest, and I found him the most delusional one on the show. He would refer to average players as "top class", and kept saying about challenging for the title, when we had a decade of proof that under Wenger that wouldn't be happening. I get the feeling that people like him are indifferent to what happens re: Wenger stays/goes, but since he was on a show that is predominantly 'Wenger out', he has to pretend to take that position. There are plenty of fans that claim to be Wenger out, but come out with lines that any AKB would be proud of.

mzk90

Post by mzk90 »

BFG4 wrote:
NickF wrote:

I used to watch TGT when Craig was the presenter, and Tom would be a regular guest, and I found him the most delusional one on the show. He would refer to average players as "top class", and kept saying about challenging for the title, when we had a decade of proof that under Wenger that wouldn't be happening. I get the feeling that people like him are indifferent to what happens re: Wenger stays/goes, but since he was on a show that is predominantly 'Wenger out', he has to pretend to take that position. There are plenty of fans that claim to be Wenger out, but come out with lines that any AKB would be proud of.
That *word censored* needs a smack in the face with a rusty shovel.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

NickF wrote:

We have to protest during the game, and engage as many people as possible in doing so. If anyone is squeamish about it because it will upset the players then tough - no-one said this would be easy. Protests during the game, especially at home, are what will count. That is when we will attract most attention. Nothing we can do beforehand or afterwards will have a fraction of the impact on Silent Stan or the sponsors.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Herd

Post by Herd »

This shit could go viral , Come on USA ,South Africa , OZZIE ,Brasil !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:This shit could go viral , Come on USA ,South Africa , OZZIE ,Brasil !

The Arsenal - now known around the world as the club with the funny old manager who won't retire :oops: :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Herd wrote:This shit could go viral , Come on USA ,South Africa , OZZIE ,Brasil !
Its getting there !

See the mirror this afternoon !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/a ... s-10114515
Last edited by Herd on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:New Zealand v Fiji :coffeespit:

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/wenger-ou ... r-stadium/

Well played :barscarf:
That's quality 8) :barscarf:

This is our club!

Post by This is our club! »

I probably know the answer to this already but...I'm planning to come to the protest on Sunday but wanted to take my 8 year old son to the game too...obviously my concern is the safety of my son first and foremost, has there been any problems in that sense on the other ones? Any other kids at the protests?

NickF

Post by NickF »

This is our club! wrote:I probably know the answer to this already but...I'm planning to come to the protest on Sunday but wanted to take my 8 year old son to the game too...obviously my concern is the safety of my son first and foremost, has there been any problems in that sense on the other ones? Any other kids at the protests?
I've certainly seem other kids on the march so it's pretty safe. The only issues I've seen tend to happen at the front with people trying to grab banners or trying to antagonize people and acting tough. This generally get dealt with by the older more experienced protesters and there so far hasn't been any fighting.

At the end of the day it is supposed to be a peaceful protest.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is our club! wrote:I probably know the answer to this already but...I'm planning to come to the protest on Sunday but wanted to take my 8 year old son to the game too...obviously my concern is the safety of my son first and foremost, has there been any problems in that sense on the other ones? Any other kids at the protests?

What you have to realise that while we all hope it IS indeed a "Peaceful" protest, that is not guaranteed and to take your son would be irresponsible. I hope the protest will go according to plan, ie: peacefully, BUT what if something should happen and he got hurt would You be able to forgive yourself.

If it were my son I would Not Take The Chance of Putting Him In Harms way.

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

armchair wrote:
Swiss Tony Adams wrote:Switzerland 1 Latvia 0, World Cup Qualification
Stade de Genève 25. 03. 2017. 18:00

:barscarf:
This is fantastic mate. Keep up the good work!
I tried to get the flag onto the main tribune, but Security said I couldn't hang up a flag with "advertising"...as the Swiss FA had given out 25,000 flags with their advertising on it.
You can see it on the flags being held by the fans at the side of the pitch on the right of the pic. A white band at the top, with sponsor's logos written on it.

WENGER is a Watch and Swiss Army Knife manufacturer.
They must have thought it was advertising for an "outdoor " product... :?

Still, got some comments, had it hung for 45 mins., then sneaked into the main Stand at half-time and sadly was refused the opportunity to hang it again...just because of advertising/modern football.
Ended up watching 2nd half from the Main Stand...on 60 minutes the mexican wave started, then a goal for Switzerland, then they all shone their mobile phone lights.

The biggest cheer?

When the Mexican wave got round the whole Stadium the second time, after the Swiss "home end" had refused to do it the first time it came round.

Modern Football!
:hammer:

I was looking for a Wenger Watch with the hands on 10 to 2, but all the adverts have 10 past 10

:(

armchair

Post by armchair »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:
armchair wrote:
Swiss Tony Adams wrote:Switzerland 1 Latvia 0, World Cup Qualification
Stade de Genève 25. 03. 2017. 18:00

This is fantastic mate. Keep up the good work!
I tried to get the flag onto the main tribune, but Security said I couldn't hang up a flag with "advertising"...as the Swiss FA had given out 25,000 flags with their advertising on it.
You can see it on the flags being held by the fans at the side of the pitch on the right of the pic. A white band at the top, with sponsor's logos written on it.

WENGER is a Watch and Swiss Army Knife manufacturer.
They must have thought it was advertising for an "outdoor " product... :?

Still, got some comments, had it hung for 45 mins., then sneaked into the main Stand at half-time and sadly was refused the opportunity to hang it again...just because of advertising/modern football.
Ended up watching 2nd half from the Main Stand...on 60 minutes the mexican wave started, then a goal for Switzerland, then they all shone their mobile phone lights.

The biggest cheer?

When the Mexican wave got round the whole Stadium the second time, after the Swiss "home end" had refused to do it the first time it came round.

Modern Football!
:hammer:

I was looking for a Wenger Watch with the hands on 10 to 2, but all the adverts have 10 past 10

:(

Ha ha. Brilliant! This definitely has legs
Next time hold it up and get someone to take a pic. Only takes a second. Job done.