Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by StuartL »

Lanes23 wrote:I may only be a Red member, but I've done my (little) bit in cancelling the annual direct debit for renewing my two memberships.

When I received the unpaid DD notification from Arsenal, I called them to explain that I will renew my memberships when Wenger has left the club.

BTW, good work re the light shows.
Good stuff, every little help, particularly informing the club of the reason why. Welcome to the forum too :barscarf:

General

Post by General »

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40026278
Wenger has won three Premier League titles and six FA Cup finals during two decades at the north London club, but this season he has faced fierce protests from fans calling for him to quit.
Fierce :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Why is The Gooner now telling supporters to print and display "Kroenke Out" posters at the final?

Previous season's "Time for Change" let Wenger off the hook and now (like Wenger) the same mistakes are happening again by changing the target.

GTG

Post by GTG »

NickF wrote:Why is The Gooner now telling supporters to print and display "Kroenke Out" posters at the final?

Previous season's "Time for Change" let Wenger off the hook and now (like Wenger) the same mistakes are happening again by changing the target.
2 reasons as I see it

1) Wiggy is in town so its a chance to let him know how the club feel about him and its a protest everyone will join in with.

2) The Usmanov bid. I have a feeling people are thinking if Wiggy gets it both barrels whilst in attendance this might make him think twice. In turn is Usmanov comes in will he accept Wengers failings for long?

Personally I couldn't agree more with you. Protests should be focused first and foremost on Wenger and Wenger only because Wiggy couldn't give a stuff what we think of him even less than Wenger does.

As i've said many times Wiggy is the long term target because even under his leadership of this club another manager could bring success operating on the current wage bill and transfer budgets.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:Why is The Gooner now telling supporters to print and display "Kroenke Out" posters at the final?

I'm sure Kevin will post an explanation at some point but it does strike me as odd too tbh - even with Kroenk attending. I'm very Kroenke-out (for reasons stated to death on here) but I totally accept that removing Wenger has to be the short term absolute priority and diluting that protest could backfire badly. :?

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

I'm sure Kevin will post an explanation at some point but it does strike me as odd too tbh - even with Kroenk attending. I'm very Kroenke-out (for reasons stated to death on here) but I totally accept that removing Wenger has to be the short term absolute priority and diluting that protest could backfire badly. :?

Absolutely - last season when the protests were being organized some of the supporters groups got involved, and the whole thing just faded into obscurity as fans complained about mixed messages re whether the manager or the owner was the target. It is fcuking disgraceful that yet again we have allowed w*nkers to muddy the waters again and allowed accountability to be deflected away from the arrogant French prik :evil: :evil: The akb camp are sitting back and laughing their asses off at how easy it has been to take the focus away from wenker :roll: I look forward to watching those same people's reactions next season when they are still stuck with the same manager AND same owner - wenkers contract is out in a few days, and the opportunity to get rid of him is NOW. I cannot understand how anybody would expect the french c.unt to be sacked EVER - if he signs that new deal, then it wont matter if the ownership changes the following morning cos no fcuker will have the balls to sack him

RobG

Post by RobG »

DB10GOONER wrote:

And here is our dilemma. It was all we could do to excite the small scale protests against Wenger that we have. I suspect many more want change but the reality is that Emirates 'Apathates' rule supreme at least inside the ground.

However they do find it easier to transfer their frustrations on to Kronke who they rightly see as alien to everything at Arsenal.

So we are falling between stools once again. This is why we are going to be stuck with Wenger and Kronke next season. But we can wave Sanchez goodbye this afternoon. And he may well end up playing for today's opponents next season. :cry: :cry:

I am sorry to appear such a Casandra on this. But I have said before, the situation has got to get a lot worse before it starts to turn for the better.

Guardiola has already begun the City rebuild. Utd will clearly be stronger next year.
Who are we going to sign to replace Sanchez ? No one is the answer.

And between Wenger's deranged hubris and arrogance and Kronk's hateful indifference we are in for a coming season that will make this one look a picture of content and happiness. The only saving grace is no Bayern or Barca double figure hammering.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40069681

This is what he thinks of those who dare protest.

He refers to our actions as a "Disgrace".

He has gone beyond the pale with such a comment/description - We all knew he was no longer in touch with the real world, but this truly confirms not just that but what he thinks of us and that he is so high & mighty that we shouldn't even dare challenge or criticise him. Arrogance Beyond Description. :evil:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40069681

This is what he thinks of those who dare protest.

He refers to our actions as a "Disgrace".

He has gone beyond the pale with such a comment/description - We all knew he was no longer in touch with the real world, but this truly confirms not just that but what he thinks of us and that he is so high & mighty that we shouldn't even dare challenge or criticise him. Arrogance Beyond Description. :evil:
Glad that the protests have shaken him, in his lofty perch.......previously we were "just noise", so he admits he is affected by it, keep em coming lads and lasses.

We will we will rock you
You've got blood on your face- you big discrace
Waving your banner all over the place :barscarf: :barscarf:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

nice one StuartL. I hope you guys keep it up even after he signs. Hope Usmanov can take over and a new young manager ( similar to Wenger in his youth, not decline) with bright new dynamic tactics and a winning mentality like Sanchez. It was nice when we had Sanchez. I have some ideas for banners, as a foreigner I won't be there on the Highbury ground like you guys, but i don't know how to post images or video on this site. Is there any way I can get this across to yuo guys. Would love to see a will Outer holding it up in protest in the near future.

Its basically has this text along with an image of the character mentioned ( rolling a boulder up a hill - Arsenal is the boulder, Wenger is the man pushing it up only to see it fall down again and again - the 'Arsenal cycle'),

Do a wiki search if your not familiar with the Greek story of 'Sisypfus'
A philosophy major wrote a blog online with the quote some time this yr, I was just inspired to turn it into a MEME or picture if you would to help personify it to fans.

the quote
" In Greek Mythology there is a character named Sisyphus who is condemned in Tartarus to an eternity of rolling a boulder uphill then watching it roll back down again. Arsenal football club under Wenger are the modern day Sisyphus but it is not a myth, this is a grim reality"
Vincent O'Shea

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

.............yup tried adding picture didn't work

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Zanatos3 wrote:.............yup tried adding picture didn't work
Damn :banghead:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

hoping this works!!! :banghead:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Ahh nice....promise not to post to many pics, just wanted to get that one out there, posted this several times on goonerworld.co.uk , another Arsenal fan site, just trying every thing i can where i can to help Arsenal move foward as is the moto, because clearly we have receeded, in need of new Board and new management. Usmanov biding for Arsenal shows me that the protest HAVE MEANING. so even if Wenger signs tomorrow, i hope you guys keep the protest up and feel free to use this if you like to get across the #Wengerout feeling. All 4 Arsenal to change and improve COYG!!!

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Zanatos3 wrote:Image
hoping this works!!! :banghead:
Nicely done! Great analogy btw 8)