Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 7th May

Post by NickF »

There was a call to boycott the game tonight, whether it was by boycott or apathy, the stadium is empty.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Helping spread the word after I won an absolute radio competition :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/absoluteradi ... 81/photo/1
Last edited by StuartL on Tue May 16, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clash

Post by Clash »

NickF wrote:There was a call to boycott the game tonight, whether it was by boycott or apathy, the stadium is empty.
Wenger will probably blame the rain :roll:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

After that train wreck of a performance, how best to protest on Sunday? A march from the ground to the Armoury? An attempt to get banners up in the ground?

My own preference remains to get the ground completely empty at the final whistle so that the lap of dishonour takes place in front of no more than about 2.500 (the hard-core AKBs). The tourists and day-trippers certainly won't want to hang around - we just need to encourage the waverers to leave at their customary time, which should be do-able.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Bob Bayliss wrote:After that train wreck of a performance, how best to protest on Sunday? A march from the ground to the Armoury? An attempt to get banners up in the ground?

My own preference remains to get the ground completely empty at the final whistle so that the lap of dishonour takes place in front of no more than about 2.500 (the hard-core AKBs). The tourists and day-trippers certainly won't want to hang around - we just need to encourage the waverers to leave at their customary time, which should be do-able.
Wishful thinking I'm afraid, it the last games of the season, people will stay for the lap of dishonour.

Sabeel

Post by Sabeel »

Brilliant job on the protests, well done to all those involved but there needs to be done something done before fa cup final. Pressure needs to be kept up. Wiggy is supposed in England, need to show that it is time for change and that Wenger needs to go.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

StuartL wrote:Helping spread the word after I won an absolute radio competition :)

Well played mate :barscarf:

RobG

Post by RobG »

NickF wrote:There was a call to boycott the game tonight, whether it was by boycott or apathy, the stadium is empty.

I am not in any sense knocking the protests. Everyone has done a great job.

But that - non - attendance last night is starkly effective. Wenger can spout all his usual tosh from now until Christmas. He called for a full house at the weekend and that was the response.

His personality cult, lunatic following, can't hide that. The Board may be thick or indolent but they are not blind. It clearly will have been noticed.

I have a feeling (hope) that Everton will turn up and make a real fight of it on Sunday. Something has to give. I still think it is almost certain he will sign but I am hopeful that it will be one year and not two and that Gazedis will force some changes through.

Wenger is all mouth and trousers. But if you put pressure on him, he will fold. Just like his team.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

flash gunner wrote:Well played lads

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... and-clash/
John Cross seems to think the attendance was 50,000 plus but photos were taken at misleading angles to exaggerate the empty seats ..You couldn't make it up could you ?

armchair

Post by armchair »

It's possible the match against Everton at the Emirates on Sunday could be Wengers last ever league game as Arsenal manager.

In view of this possibly momentous occasion and in recognition of Wengers service to our club I'd like anyone who is going to the game to drop me a PM so we can arrange to give him a fitting send-off.

If youre up for it, it is genuinely our last chance to give Arsene the farewell he so richly deserves...

Drop me a PM.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:Helping spread the word after I won an absolute radio competition :)

:high5: WELL DONE MATE! :high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

RobG wrote:

I am not in any sense knocking the protests. Everyone has done a great job.

But that - non - attendance last night is starkly effective. Wenger can spout all his usual tosh from now until Christmas. He called for a full house at the weekend and that was the response.

His personality cult, lunatic following, can't hide that. The Board may be thick or indolent but they are not blind. It clearly will have been noticed.

I have a feeling (hope) that Everton will turn up and make a real fight of it on Sunday. Something has to give. I still think it is almost certain he will sign but I am hopeful that it will be one year and not two and that Gazedis will force some changes through.

Wenger is all mouth and trousers. But if you put pressure on him, he will fold. Just like his team.
Koeman has wanky's number - He will employ the use of tactics something that is alien to Wanky and there is every chance Everton will turn us over - in Style.

How many will Boo at the end and during the parade of shame by Wanky and his snowflake players? Sadly, I foresee fisticuffs between AKB's and WOB's :?

#wengerout

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:

I was prepared to win an iPad + £ for the cause.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I was prepared to win an iPad + £ for the cause.

Such a sense of stoicism from you Stuart. Suffering to the end, in true chivalric tradition. :lol: :wink:

Well done mate, nice to know there are Gooners winning something. Whatever the competition was, you clearly didn't take advice from Monsieur Wenger.