Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Andrew

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 7th May

Post by Andrew »

Well done!

I think we all know of a team that would include that in their Honours Board...

bunch

Post by bunch »

Bradywasking wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Well played lads

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... and-clash/
John Cross seems to think the attendance was 50,000 plus but photos were taken at misleading angles to exaggerate the empty seats ..You couldn't make it up could you ?
Whatever the actual number the club will know as every turnstile entry is logged. Watching on TV it looked like the only well populated section was the lower clockend where the club muat have sold seats normally allocated to away fans. The Sunderland section was understanably smaller than normal.

The club will know that a large chunk of STHs didnt show. I managed to sell mine onto a friend and I am sure most STHs have a network of mates through which unwanted games can be sold. But even with that, somewhere between 5k and 20k didnt show. It has clicked with Arsenal fans that CL qualification is meaningless given our record in that competition. Arseblog made a good point that if we were fighting for the title rather than 4th that Tuesday night game would have been packed and rocking.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Un stickied as the event has now passed

Bob Bayliss

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 21st May

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Ok guys, let's get this item ON the agenda. Those of us who want him gone, here's the challenge. Instead of focusing on what won't work, let's think of what might. You see it's good to be realistic but some of the negativity about ideas and suggestions put forward does us no favours and just means people aren't thinking creatively as we were a few weeks ago.

In our minds we tend to build the AKBs up into a mighty army of 61,000 people all clamouring to lavish praise on their hero. In truth they are now surprisingly few, and our real enemy is apathy and 'can't-be-arsed'-ness. We build the press up into the fifth column, there to defend him and deflect criticism of the man and his methods. In truth there are a small number who kowtow to him for fear of having their privileges withdrawn, but increasingly they are prepared to put his shortcomings under the spotlight.

My starter for 10. There is no way a direct anti-Wenger chant will take off in the stadium, but surely there are still enough non-tourists who would at least be able to get "There's Only One Tony Adams" ringing around the bowl. That would make him squirm and would surely be picked up effectively by the media.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Bump

The WengerOUT, NoNewContract protests are an online gooner led innitiative and have been heavily promoted by the gooner magazine, the online gooner, the gooner forum and the gooner twitter.

As the season is not over and there are still a couple of games to go and Wengers contract issue has not been settled Id ask why has this thread been removed as a sticky? Why not just change the thread title to "Wenger Out protests" if the date has lapsed. Mods have been changing the date as each one passed.

Maybe there are more protests in the planning stage and havent been ready to promote just yet?

Or maybe it suits to have it drop away and forgotten?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

armchair wrote:Bump

The WengerOUT, NoNewContract protests are an online gooner led innitiative and have been heavily promoted by the gooner magazine, the online gooner, the gooner forum and the gooner twitter.

As the season is not over and there are still a couple of games to go and Wengers contract issue has not been settled Id ask why has this thread been removed as a sticky? Why not just change the thread title to "Wenger Out protests" if the date has lapsed. Mods have been changing the date as each one passed.

Maybe there are more protests in the planning stage and havent been ready to promote just yet?

Or maybe it suits to have it drop away and forgotten?
There is one more big even which was happening tonight but has been pushed back because of the proposed buyout news..but it will still be going ahead....this thread should still be front and centre.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:spudmasher:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:mrgnu2:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:whee:

SteveO 35

Wenger Out protest - Sunday 21st May

Post by SteveO 35 »

Make sure the old tosser, the wig wearing prick and all of Gazidis's marketing luvvies get to see what its all about.........I beg every fucking Gooner out there to turn their back on this shitfest. Banners, marches, aeroplanes......yes. Turning up to line the pockets of these c.unts.....no

Let John Cross and Paddy Barclay try to spin 20000 people in the stadium......but of course it won't happen :roll:

g88ner

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by g88ner »

as there doesn't appear to be any advertised protest for tomorrow I've removed the date from the thread title.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Despite the attempts to deflect the #WengerOut message we go one last time in the Emirates.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

NickF wrote:Despite the attempts to deflect the #WengerOut message we go one last time in the Emirates.
If you ask me (and I'm sure many Arsenal fans) about the best/proudest moment all season - without a shadow of a doubt watching those dying minutes at West Brom whilst the banners flew loud and proud throughout the away end, closely followed by the fans telling the players in no uncertain terms At Palace that "you're not fit to wear the shirt". Times like that make me Think that there might just be a football club left under all this.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Also whilst the level of protests may not match the disliuionsment generally, they are probably the biggest and most wide-scale since Steve Kean at Blackburn.

Let that sink in.