Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by NickF »

Interesting from Wenger press conference after the AGM, he confirmed that the Arsenal board will review his position as manager at the end of the season.
I want to see what the board thinks of my performance, After that we decide where we go from there. My desire has always been to respect my contracts, but that is what I meant.
A great opportunity for the masses to rise up (although I sure they won't).

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:02 pm
Interesting from Wenger press conference after the AGM, he confirmed that the Arsenal board will review his position as manager at the end of the season.
I want to see what the board thinks of my performance, After that we decide where we go from there. My desire has always been to respect my contracts, but that is what I meant.
BULLSHIT....this is LIES to pacify the WOB....in a vague attempt to think he is somehow judged....LIES

Already said he will see out his contract which is 2 years....LYING FUCKERS

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

So if we finish 5th or lower and do not win any cup competition...

forget it!, another home draw in the domestic cups, we'll probably win the coco pops cup which will be the new excuse as to why he "is the best man for the job".

I'm seeing the funny side now though, I kind of hope we get City, United or Chelsea away at some stage lol.

:twisted:

General

Post by General »

NickF wrote:
Ah mate forget it. There is no way this rudderless board/owner is going to get rid of the fraud. Their motto must be when in doubt defer to Wonga. They must be terrified of life without him.

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:15 pm
NickF wrote:

Ah mate forget it. There is no way this rudderless board/owner is going to get rid of the fraud
. Their motto must be when in doubt defer to Wonga. They must be terrified of life without him.
At least go down fighting rather than meekly accepting it. :roll:

General

Post by General »

Fighting for what exactly? I don't want to come across as patronising but trying to squeeze hope out of a loose comment by Wonga is nothing more than an exercise in futility. It's a little desperate me thinks. We've been here before.

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:06 pm
Fighting for what exactly? I don't want to come across as patronising but trying to squeeze hope out of a loose comment by Wonga is nothing more than an exercise in futility. It's a little desperate me thinks. We've been here before.
So are you just giving up a just accept the situation without a word? Sorry I can't do that, it maybe futile but one, at least I know I did all I could to fight for my club and two, I'm not going to give Wenger/Kroenke/Gazidis and easy ride. At the end of the day people have to do what they think is right.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The minority shareholders missed a trick today, someone should have asked for a vote of no confidence in the board. I know with Stan having 67% it wouldn't mean much but imagine the comments in the media if it had happened and the vote had carried.

We have some funny ways of doing things in this country which i'm fairly sure the Yanks might not fully understand and i think it would have caught them all on the hop, although a vote of no confidence has no legal standing it is a statement of intent and can bring up the question of a resolution to remove.

If nothing else it might have answered any questions of which way the Uzbek would roll :rubchin:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I posted this elsewhere...it is BULLSHIT...he sensed the beginnings of unrest yesterday, he knows there is real trouble on the field coming up in Nov/Dec and he is just trying to get ahead of us...hoping we will wait until the end of the season to see what he does.

He is just buying time, he is going nowhere.

General

Post by General »

The squad is getting quietly thin under the radar and I fully expect disaster to unfold in the second half of the season when games start coming thick and fast and our lack of depth is suddenly exposed. Whether you rated Ox, Gabby and Perez or not, they were extra bodies who gave us depth when we needed it. We are going to lose at least Sanchez in the Jan transfer window and pick up the obligatory injuries. You now have lack of quality and depth and it's not going to be pleasant. It is obvious the club's main motivation this season is to reduce the wage bill and as usual it's been done to the detriment of the team. They'll offload Sanchez for £30m and either have no replacement or bring in a cheap substitute.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

from todays Sun...

Wenger said: “There are two ways: you ignore your age and you live like you live forever, or you think ‘OK, I think I am born for competition’.

“My real need is the desire to compete. It has never been financial. If it was, I would not be here.”

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:01 am
from todays Sun...

Wenger said: “There are two ways: you ignore your age and you live like you live forever, or you think ‘OK, I think I am born for competition’.

“My real need is the desire to compete. It has never been financial. If it was, I would not be here.”

:puke:

General

Post by General »

Redarmy wrote:
from todays Sun...

Like Xistential said, it's all about me me me. If only he knew how to compete. Egomaniac cunnt.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
from todays Sun...

I love how easy it is for rich bastards to say "it isn't about the money". :roll: :lol:

Sean

Post by Sean »

I hope to make my contribution to the fund in the new year sometime. Apologies to all.

I felt we missed a trick by not doing anything in September, between the Liverpool and Bournemouth games. There was a lot of anger around. We knew we'd be on our traditional flat-track bully run until we meet Citeh on Sunday. That game and the scum game will be telling though. I'll be surprised if we get more than one point in six there.

Is there any word on any protests/activities before February? No specifics necessary, of course.