Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:53 pm
canonspark wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:55 pm
none of us know any of these people really but I don't see what's naïve about believing the man's a genuine arsenal supporter and is willing to take the club forward. at the moment I don't see the alternatives. I'm sure if he eventually finds there's no hope and gives in he may want to have involvement elsewhere, when he would sell his shares in arsenal to you know who.
Believing Usmanov to be "a genuine Arsenal Supporter and is willing to take the club forward" is naive IMO. He has been involved for a good number of years now and has done fuck all to move the club forward.
1. He regularly attends Arsenal matches, Kroenke does not
2 .He is significantly richer than Kroenke
3. He does not have a track record of s**t sports franchises like Kroenke does
4. He is mates with the gangster at Chelsea and would likely see that as a 'challenge' to compete with them rather than losing 6-0 and not sacking the manager!!!
5. He clearly has an interest in football rather than it being just an investment like it is for wiggy w*nker

How the actual f*ck are people still considering Kroenke might be a better choice?, don't tell me people still buy Ivan's bs about competing with Bayern using our "self sustaining model"?, today he is quoted as saying we can do a Leicester ffs..... :censored:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Whatever Usmanov's motives might be - he'd have to try reeeeeeeeally hard to be more of an arsehole than Kroenke.

General

Post by General »

Ideally Wenger fucks off, things go tits up, share price tumbles, Kroenke sells up and new owner takes over. Start afresh.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm
Usmanov is 100x more acceptable than Kroenke.

Removing Wenger like it or not will NOT solve the problem. That does not mean I support Wenger.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... geles-rams

:shock: :shock: Fuck me, that's a very worrying article. I've been Wenger out for minimum 10 years, but as badly as I want him gone, Kroenke is the bigger problem. This Club is finished as long as he owns it.

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:15 pm
NickF wrote:
canonspark wrote:
none of us know any of these people really but I don't see what's naïve about believing the man's a genuine arsenal supporter and is willing to take the club forward. at the moment I don't see the alternatives. I'm sure if he eventually finds there's no hope and gives in he may want to have involvement elsewhere, when he would sell his shares in arsenal to you know who.
Believing Usmanov to be "a genuine Arsenal Supporter and is willing to take the club forward" is naive IMO. He has been involved for a good number of years now and has done fuck all to move the club forward.
Well what he can do? He has been marginalised and hasn't even got a seat on the board.
Given the choice between sticking with Kroenke and having Usmanov take over, what would you choose?
He has not exactly made much of an effort to either get a seat on the board or takeover the club.
Saying "what can he do" is the same excuse our supporters use to do nothing.

Given a choice I wouldn't have either of them anywhere near our club!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I've always maintained that much as Wenger must go, i'm not convinced that his replacement would be any better under the current regime. The owner and board know very little about football it seems and i genuinely feel even if a top class manager were available i'm not sure they'd employ one, i think they'd look for a safe pair of hands not someone who is likely to demand massive investment in the team and footballing staff.

In saying all that as Wenger is the easier target it remains a necessity to remove him as a bulwark for Kroenke because if they then employed a Fat Sam or Pardew type replacement i feel it would make going after the board and owner an easier feat as i think it would motivate a lot more people who wont protest because they respect Wenger to get off their arses for the good of the club.

After last seasons efforts i'm not sure what else can be done to remove Wenger, i actually feel he has to be the harbinger of his own doom and probably continued niggling away at him might be the way to go, keep riling him and apply some indirect pressure, keep pointing out his lies and mistakes as opposed to just saying Wenger out, narcissists cannot stand their deficiencies being thrown in their faces :rubchin:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:34 pm
He has not exactly made much of an effort to either get a seat on the board or takeover the club.

Abramovich only bought the chavs because they were about to go into administration and got them for £1, no way would he have done had they been valued at £1BN+ like we now are, ironic really that you have to f*ck things up to progress, then again they could have gone the way of Leeds, shame they didn't. :roll:

What can Usmanov do?, he bid well over market value for the club and wiggy w*nker wouldn't sell, the only thing he could do better imo is say a bit more and try to feed off the anti-Kroenke feeling and turn the fans against the American.

People get far too focused on Wenger, as I said he should be history for 5+ years by now, if Usmanov was watching his mates team dick us 6-0 I doubt his "AKB stance" would last very long, why?, because he gives a f*ck about on the field stuff unlike wiggy w*nker who only cares about his investment making $$$ with no cash input from himself.

Arsenal is DEAD with or without Wenger until the American parasite is gone.

:x

General

Post by General »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:34 pm
General wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:15 pm
NickF wrote:
canonspark wrote:
Well what he can do? He has been marginalised and hasn't even got a seat on the board.
Given the choice between sticking with Kroenke and having Usmanov take over, what would you choose?

I think you're being a bit harsh. He's made several offers to the club even during the austerity years before Kroenke became majority shareholder. He also offered to buy Nina Bracewell Smith's shares at a higher price but she elected to sell to Kroenke. You can't get a seat on the board when you are persona non grata. I don't think he's the saviour that a lot of fans make him out to be but given the choice is take him.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3famp

General

Post by General »

ArseOverTit

Post by ArseOverTit »

Guys,

Thought this topic was for organising Wenger Out protests.? It is it for just general Wenger related talk?

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

NickF wrote:
canonspark wrote:
Usmanov is not on the board and has no say in the running of the club, I think your the naive one

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:24 pm
NickF wrote:
canonspark wrote:
1. He regularly attends Arsenal matches, Kroenke does not
2 .He is significantly richer than Kroenke
3. He does not have a track record of s**t sports franchises like Kroenke does
4. He is mates with the gangster at Chelsea and would likely see that as a 'challenge' to compete with them rather than losing 6-0 and not sacking the manager!!!
5. He clearly has an interest in football rather than it being just an investment like it is for wiggy w*nker

How the actual f*ck are people still considering Kroenke might be a better choice?, don't tell me people still buy Ivan's bs about competing with Bayern using our "self sustaining model"?, today he is quoted as saying we can do a Leicester ffs..... :censored:
Couldn't of put it better myself....also I think I'm right in saying he's building a house in Hampstead. What better play thing for a billionaire north London resident

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

ArseOverTit wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:45 pm
Guys,

Thought this topic was for organising Wenger Out protests.? It is it for just general Wenger related talk?
Sorry arseovertit, was started on a separate thread but the powers that be shifted it in here

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:12 pm
canonspark wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:08 pm
we will be heard
By Usmanov?

I hope not. From a previous post I made;

Didn't Jabba last season say he thought Wenger was still the right man for the job? :| His last comments I can find are from April 2017;

I do not think that the coach alone is to be blamed for what is happening,” Usmanov, 63, said. “Some continuity is needed. This includes the need to prepare a successor for Wenger, but in a very respectful way. I can suggest that Wenger himself can prepare a successor.”

...and from June 2017;

"I am pleased Arsene Wenger will continue to manage Arsenal for the next two years - he is one of the best coaches in Europe."

Fuck Usmanov so. Fucking lunatic. :censored: :twisted:
DB...how do you expect to take ownership of a 'company' when you bash, and drag their name in the dirt before hand?
Usmanov knows that Wenger runs things ( In 2 the ground ) & Kronke is cool with it once his company is profitable-screw the customers!

Look at Antonio Conte 4 example....Won the league with Costa up front...shielding Koscielny's eyes from the sun-making friends with all defenders-happy days)....NOPE Costa was and still is a complete :cussing: . Conte never complained..partied with Costa & Luiz pulling him out of the press conference. But when he got the full REIGNS of the EPL winning club...He did a virus scan-updated most of the software in preparation 4 next season. He Partied with Costa, but when he got the run of things he ruthlessly & simply excommunicated him from the team-24 goals per season-WHY you ask???..Even ESPN FC pundits know and wouldn't admit that he is an Extreme BAD EGG despite his true instinctive fox in the box nature.

So the moral of the story is 'You make PEACE with your enemies'... Usmanov makes peace then when he has the reigns or if he gets it....then do the smart thing & nicely inform Wenger of his retirement-the time-already have candidates in line...maybe he would erect a statue and have him choose a successor ??? but regardless.
I believe he is SMARTER than KRONKE...& has ACTUAL AMBITION ...instead of...well NONE!!!

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm
Usmanov is 100x more acceptable than Kroenke.

Removing Wenger like it or not will NOT solve the problem. That does not mean I support Wenger.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... geles-rams
Kronke is a serious gold digger!!! wow. No care at all.

"Fisher was hired before the 2012 season by Kroenke and hyped as the man to turn the franchise around. He then failed to record a winning season with the Rams. Despite all the losing, Kroenke signed off on a two-year contract extension for Fisher last season when the Rams were out of the playoff picture ... " .....................JEEZ..... :rubchin: thats sounds strangely familiar....
...................................................................... :cussing: :censored:

Come on Give Usmanov a chance!

#UsmanovIN