Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Wenger Out protests

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sean wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:How were the numbers Sean?

What was the reaction like?
There was about seven of us. Reaction was mixed. Some pro, some anti.

It kicked off when we went past The Torch near the end of the route. Some utter cúnts threw a few bottles at us. Wherever you stand on Wenger, you don't fucking do that shit to anyone, let alone fellow Gooners. On the other side, we had a few chanting 'Wenger Out' when we finished by Wembley Park.
Fellow Gooners threw bottles at the bus? Fucking utter wánkers. :x :evil: :censored:

Babu

Post by Babu »

Out-thought – tactical naivety, no Plan B, same end product.
Out-fought – constant capitulations, no leaders, no fight.
Out-dated – time for change at The Arsenal.

Well, Wenger out-thought Guardiola yesterday. Three at the back. Practised it against Boro - and it did need practise - which was a good move by Mr. Wenger and then executed it almost perfectly at Wembley. That was a Plan B, and we all know the end product changed.

We also out-fought Man City yesterday. We didn't capitulate, although after the 1-0 I feared the worst. There were Leaders on the pitch, and we fought...and won!

There is change needed at The Arsenal, but that change happened yesterday.

The Wenger Out protests influenced Wenger's actions for the better. Well done lads.
We are in an F. A. Cup Final. We can win a major trophy again.

And of course...
Well done Mr. Wenger.
Now keep it up!

NickF

Post by NickF »

Babu wrote:Out-thought – tactical naivety, no Plan B, same end product.

Well, Wenger out-thought Guardiola yesterday. Three at the back. Practised it against Boro - and it did need practise - which was a good move by Mr. Wenger and then executed it almost perfectly at Wembley. That was a Plan B, and we all know the end product changed.

We also out-fought Man City yesterday. We didn't capitulate, although after the 1-0 I feared the worst. There were Leaders on the pitch, and we fought...and won!

The Wenger Out protests influenced Wenger's actions for the better. Well done lads.

And of course...
Well done Mr. Wenger.
Now keep it up!
So would you be willing to give Wenger a new contract based on yesterday?

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

No new contract. If, and I'd say it's an epic sized IF, Wenger does actually start using tactics and getting the team organised, then it will last till he gets his new contract. Then he will be back to his arrogant ways, he knows best, none of us have worked 30 years in Football etc etc.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Babu wrote:Out-thought – tactical naivety, no Plan B, same end product.

And of course...
Well done Mr. Wenger.
Now keep it up!
Please tell me you are kidding. We get humiliated at Palace, the fans heap abuse on the players, we win by the odd goal in 3 against an erratic, stuttering City team and the fans heap praise on Wenger?? WE ARE NOT STOPPING.

WENGER OUT!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Obviously Wenger should still GO but now that we have reached the Cup Final there will be no support amongst the masses that attend our games at the Emirates these days and also crucially there will be no support in the media for change.

Contract will be signed, season tickets will be renewed and then the club will allow Sanchez to slip away quietly...
Kroenke will be happy. Job Done :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

this article backs up my point
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/premie ... -to-wenger

depressing.... :banghead: :oops:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:Obviously Wenger should still GO but now that we have reached the Cup Final there will be no support amongst the masses that attend our games at the Emirates these days and also crucially there will be no support in the media for change.

Contract will be signed, season tickets will be renewed and then the club will allow Sanchez to slip away quietly...
Kroenke will be happy. Job Done :roll:
I can just see it...go to Wembley after finishing 5th, contract signed, fans thinking oh well we can still win the cup. Get well beat in the final and leave thinking...Hang on a minute, we've finished out of the CL, we haven't won the cup, Sanchez is leaving (Does it make any difference if Ozil goes or stays??) AND we've got him for another 2 years... why did those protests stop again???

Good, suck it up!!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Tollgoon wrote:No new contract. If, and I'd say it's an epic sized IF, Wenger does actually start using tactics and getting the team organised, then it will last till he gets his new contract. Then he will be back to his arrogant ways, he knows best, none of us have worked 30 years in Football etc etc.
Agreed, he has previous for this.

Remember the sequence of 1-0's at the end of the 12/13 season that resulted in the triumphant and infamous St James Park dressing selfie?

Those defensive displays didn't carry over into the whole of the following season. On the contrary we shipped 6 twice and those 5 at Anfield

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Clash wrote:
Tollgoon wrote:No new contract. If, and I'd say it's an epic sized IF, Wenger does actually start using tactics and getting the team organised, then it will last till he gets his new contract. Then he will be back to his arrogant ways, he knows best, none of us have worked 30 years in Football etc etc.
Agreed, he has previous for this.

Remember the sequence of 1-0's at the end of the 12/13 season that resulted in the triumphant and infamous St James Park dressing selfie?

Those defensive displays didn't carry over into the whole of the following season. On the contrary we shipped 6 twice and those 5 at Anfield
Lets not forgot the legitimate disallowed goal, them hitting the woodwork twice...If that had been the other way around Wenger would have been forgiven because we were desperately unlucky and the officials conspired to rob us. AGAIN!!

barnetgooner

Post by barnetgooner »

Any chance there'll be a protest march before the Leicester game?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

barnetgooner wrote:Any chance there'll be a protest march before the Leicester game?
NO, we won't get the numbers...and the few we might have would probably get attacked. We are in the final you ungrateful sods.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

barnetgooner wrote:Any chance there'll be a protest march before the Leicester game?
Is there enough time to plan, organise & publicise this ? Night games are hard to get decent numbers as everyone is in a rush coming from work & transport is packed.

Looks like Man U or Everton home games are the best & only options, both games on Sunday afternoons. :barscarf:

barnetgooner

Post by barnetgooner »

xisstential wrote:
NO, we won't get the numbers...and the few we might have would probably get attacked. We are in the final you ungrateful sods.
Shame but not surprising. I just asked as I'm going to my first home game in ages and wanted to take part if it was happening.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

barnetgooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Shame but not surprising. I just asked as I'm going to my first home game in ages and wanted to take part if it was happening.
good luck with that - I was the same at the recent game v West Ham and I am not rushing back

our supporters seem to be a bunch of selfie taking zombies these days

Protest March ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: