Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Wenger Out protests

Post by augie »

Quick question for chris and/or any of the wob - my son is gone over to Manchester on a school tour today, and part of that tour includes a tour of old shatford :censored: Anyway he begged me to give him a couple of the "wenger out" car stickers that ye distributed last week so that he could put it on the bus windows - I compromised and said that I would give him one so that he could put it on the bus back window, but now I am thinking that he should have put the sticker somewhere in old shatford and get a photo of him beside it 8) Which option would ye advise ? It may be too late cos they left at 5.30am and he might have it up on the bus window by now, but if he hasn't used it yet, would using it in that manc shithole be wrong/counter productive ?

Answers asap please

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:Quick question for chris and/or any of the wob - my son is gone over to Manchester on a school tour today, and part of that tour includes a tour of old shatford :censored: Anyway he begged me to give him a couple of the "wenger out" car stickers that ye distributed last week so that he could put it on the bus windows - I compromised and said that I would give him one so that he could put it on the bus back window, but now I am thinking that he should have put the sticker somewhere in old shatford and get a photo of him beside it 8) Which option would ye advise ? It may be too late cos they left at 5.30am and he might have it up on the bus window by now, but if he hasn't used it yet, would using it in that manc shithole be wrong/counter productive ?

Answers asap please
Do it there at The Theatre of Horrors. As you said the other day..this is war. I don't care what we have to do to get him out..as long as it isn't illegal or violent. And if you need more stickers let me know.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:Quick question for chris and/or any of the wob - my son is gone over to Manchester on a school tour today, and part of that tour includes a tour of old shatford :censored: Anyway he begged me to give him a couple of the "wenger out" car stickers that ye distributed last week so that he could put it on the bus windows - I compromised and said that I would give him one so that he could put it on the bus back window, but now I am thinking that he should have put the sticker somewhere in old shatford and get a photo of him beside it 8) Which option would ye advise ? It may be too late cos they left at 5.30am and he might have it up on the bus window by now, but if he hasn't used it yet, would using it in that manc shithole be wrong/counter productive ?

Answers asap please
Do it there at The Theatre of Horrors. As you said the other day..this is war. I don't care what we have to do to get him out..as long as it isn't illegal or violent. And if you need more stickers let me know.

Will try to contact him now and hope he hasn't already used it

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
NickF wrote:
Sean wrote: There was about seven of us.
This is the problem, there are a core group of really good lads that will get involved in everything but we need more than 7. If no one else can be bothered, then why should we keep giving up our time and energy?
I got told that I was not taking it it seriously enough,so I am going to let the "real" anti Wengers get on with it.
My money was serious though. :banghead:
If you want it back PM me......
I meant that by donating to the cause I was showing that I was serious about about what we/you are trying to achieve,so of course I don't want the money back.
I have a seat for tonights game against Leicester City,but have decided not to go.
My empty seat can be my protest.
Forget what I said, I apologise ...just got frustrated..the win didn't help my mood either.

Btw can I have your ticket :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm kidding.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Things seem to be getting worse on here of late– and in some cases it is caused simply by ‘mis-understandings’ – We All Know How Easy It Is For The Written Word To Be Mis-Interpreted.

I truly am dismayed by the in-fighting that is now going on, on this thread & forum between WOB’s:

If what I say makes me enemies <rolleyes> or whatever then so be it.

I had intended to be on the first protest, but due to work commitments – even though I had spent £80+ on train fare, I had to cancel at the last minute. I then was able to attend the second protest march – Xisstential kindly gave me permission to use/carry his “No New Contract” Banner, Sean and I carried the banner (btw: Sean is a Top geezer! – No flattery intended he just is).

For the first time in a long, looooong time I once more felt the excitement & passion I have always had and felt these past 49years for my football club/team THE Arsenal. It felt like I had somehow managed to re-claim some of the power that has been taken from me regarding the club, its direction and the ongoing situation with Wenger & Wiggy, especially since Wenger lost the plot and since the American franchise dealer Mr Wiggy took charge. For that alone I feel grateful. Also I was able to meet up with the fabled Jumpers For Goalpost (the best monnicker on the forum IMO)

I don’t DO Facebook/Twitter etc – I have no interest or time for it, Jeezuss I spend enough time on here! :roll: so when the group of lads were setting up a social thing/app to keep each other informed ‘Off and Away from the Forum and Prying Eyes’ – I explained I would not be able to be part of that and so took a step back.

That aside like most , I then made a small donation (£20) to the fund, at the moment for personal reasons that is all I could and can afford.

I was hoping to be able to travel to London and be part of the Battle Bus Protest – But again due to having to cover shift patterns at the moment – I tried to arrange to be off that week-end but it proved impossible, I could have ‘pulled a sicky’, but that would have dropped my colleagues in it AND the manager also knew I why I had asked for time off, so it would not have looked good and may have caused me problems (Disciplinary stuff) as I had recently had to have an extended period of time from work on sick leave.

The reason I say all this is that, is that we ALL know that a small but highly dedicated group of people Xisstential, Jumpers, MattyB, General (sorry for missing other names) who have worked their butts off and have worked miracles in all they have organised – I honestly believe we do not know the half-of-it and the energy, time and effort they have put into the Wenger Out Campaign. :bowing21: :bowing21: :bowing21:

But Whilst they are to be Highly Commended and Very Much Appreciated for everything they have done, it must also be recognised by All concerned – everyone on here – that not everyone is able to dedicate as much time/effort/money to the campaign for whatever reasons. Having said that those who are For the protests but either do not wish to Or are unable to take part; though they may have done what they can financially and on the various social media or by distributing stickers in their home towns etc must also be appreciated but should not be thought of as Gooners who care any less about having Wenger Out.

It takes all sorts – Some people are very good at organising, some people are good at organising but not being on the front-line as it were, others are more suited to attending marches, or handing out leaflets and carry banners because they are unable to contribute in other ways.

BUT at NO Time Should ANYONE be made to feel Guilty if they decide Not to March or Contribute – Or if they are unable to attend a march or do other stuff.

If people Do Organise and March or Do Not that is their choice and decision, but for people/posters on here start bickering and making un-necessary comments is NOT On.

The easiest way to beat an opponent is to Divide and Rule…THAT dear Gooner is what is beginning to happen.

We each must choose and decide on what we each are willing to Do or Not Do.

So Can the In-Fighting Please Stop – It has been depressing coming on here lately – especially when the vast majority that do post on here are WENGER OUT!.

What would be awful is if when Wenger is eventually gone (All Things Must Pass) that those who previously ‘got on’ with one another, then no longer did, because of what occurred during the Wenger out Campaign.

Let Us Remember the Clubs Motto:

Victoria Concordia Crescit”.

“Victory Through Harmony” Wouldn’t it be sweetly ironic if we could embrace and use that to help us oust Wenger.

:barscarf: UTA :barscarf:

Support The Team Not The Regime.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Babu wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Babu wrote: Well done Mr. Wenger.
Now keep it up!
Please tell me you are kidding. We get humiliated at Palace, the fans heap abuse on the players, we win by the odd goal in 3 against an erratic, stuttering City team and the fans heap praise on Wenger?? WE ARE NOT STOPPING.

WENGER OUT!!
I am not kidding. He changed.
I know he's done it before, and the players have done it before, and I don't know how long he will be open for change, and he probably won't be as open to change when he sits there smugly saying he has signed for 2 more years, but I do see that the protests have achieved a change in Wenger.

Please don't stop protesting. Keep protesting, please don't stop.
Maybe there will be another "turning point", like VIlla at home a few seasons ago.

Quite clearly the approach has to change though, as mass-scale protests aren't going to happen with the apathetic Emirates crowd.
There was an initial interest, which peaked with the Man City march, but after that it has almost disappeared.
10 people turning up for the next march before the west ham game, 7 for the bus? The chance was there at Palace away.

Most of the Season Ticket holders at the Emirates have their ST's as a little security blanket.
They like their seat. They like the routine. They like the fact they can come and go as they please. Come in 5 mins. after the game starts, leave 10 minutes before the end to get through the traffic, etc., etc.
They like the clean, sanitised surroundings, and they feel like they are a part of the "Club".
You can't touch these people. They won't protest, they won't let go of their season ticket, and they will keep renewing it.

There must be well over 30,000 of these people.

Now we have the "tourists".

There is a lot more to this than people imagine.
It is not just a couple of japanese girls coming for a selfie to post online.

Just as an example...

At Arsenal Switzerland the organiser is a swiss guy, who works/worked for Swissair, and goes every home game, and has done for 15 years, I think.
Goes with his wife, and gets seats from The Arsenal for every home game.

Now Arsenal Switzerland get at least 2, usually 4, can also get 8 for ALL the home games, that's for tottenham man u, and swansea/wba etc.

Arsenal Switzerland is small. Maybe 40 members, so everyone gets a chance to see The Arsenal a couple of times a season, with very reasonable flights with easyjet, etc. Now there is an Arsenal Germany, France, Singapore, etc., etc.

I am guessing a few thousand tickets go out for every home game to the Worldwide Arsenal fans, and ALL of these fans will go to the shop and buy something. Not just something. They will fill their 20 kg allowance.

Now if I were a PLC I would want those kind of fans. No, change that. If I was a football club I would want those fans.

Fans from all around the World, who have picked The Arsenal to be their team, rather than have Arsenal "forced" upon you because your family was Arsenal, or because you grew up near there, or because you've got your season ticket and you might as well use it.

Arsenal home fans? The most passionless fans in the World? Probably.
The richest fans in the World? Yeah, almost definitely.

Maybe true now, but was NEVER like that before, most old school gooners i know sit in pubs saturday watching the game...they hardly ever go....Times have changed and are never to return.....just the way it is...all things must pass

Herd

Post by Herd »

I thought they changed the motto to forward ?
I have incurred the wrath of some hear as not being Militant enough but I really do support the cause.
Don't give up !

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Great post One Bard.

Kudos again to all involved, keep up the good work, keep the faith.....UP THE ARSE....our day will come :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Herd wrote:I thought they changed the motto to forward ?
I have incurred the wrath of some hear as not being Militant enough but I really do support the cause.
Don't give up !
Maybe the motto now should be:

Stagnatia Complacia Crescit = Stagnation Through Complacency :barscarf:

Never did Latin at school so those might not even be real words. But anything is better than 'Forward' The lack of thought that went into that :roll: ... I'm surprised they didnt just go with 'Onwards and Upwards'

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:Great post One Bard.

Kudos again to all involved, keep up the good work, keep the faith.....UP THE ARSE....our day will come :barscarf:
Agreed on all counts

NickF

Post by NickF »

Agree with what OneBards says.

It is Unfortunate that there are just one or two on here who seem to think it is a huge joke and just come on here to take this piss.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:I thought they changed the motto to forward ?
Don't give up !

Is that true ??? Please tell me it's not !!!! They changed the Club motto to "Forward" ????

Fucking hell, as if desecrating the badge was not enough. Tell me you're kidding, PLEASE !!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Babu wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Babu wrote: Well done Mr. Wenger.
Now keep it up!
Please tell me you are kidding. We get humiliated at Palace, the fans heap abuse on the players, we win by the odd goal in 3 against an erratic, stuttering City team and the fans heap praise on Wenger?? WE ARE NOT STOPPING.

WENGER OUT!!
I am not kidding. He changed.
I know he's done it before, and the players have done it before, and I don't know how long he will be open for change, and he probably won't be as open to change when he sits there smugly saying he has signed for 2 more years, but I do see that the protests have achieved a change in Wenger.

Please don't stop protesting. Keep protesting, please don't stop.
Maybe there will be another "turning point", like VIlla at home a few seasons ago.

Quite clearly the approach has to change though, as mass-scale protests aren't going to happen with the apathetic Emirates crowd.
There was an initial interest, which peaked with the Man City march, but after that it has almost disappeared.
10 people turning up for the next march before the west ham game, 7 for the bus? The chance was there at Palace away.

Most of the Season Ticket holders at the Emirates have their ST's as a little security blanket.
They like their seat. They like the routine. They like the fact they can come and go as they please. Come in 5 mins. after the game starts, leave 10 minutes before the end to get through the traffic, etc., etc.
They like the clean, sanitised surroundings, and they feel like they are a part of the "Club".
You can't touch these people. They won't protest, they won't let go of their season ticket, and they will keep renewing it.

There must be well over 30,000 of these people.

Now we have the "tourists".

There is a lot more to this than people imagine.
It is not just a couple of japanese girls coming for a selfie to post online.

Just as an example...

At Arsenal Switzerland the organiser is a swiss guy, who works/worked for Swissair, and goes every home game, and has done for 15 years, I think.
Goes with his wife, and gets seats from The Arsenal for every home game.

Now Arsenal Switzerland get at least 2, usually 4, can also get 8 for ALL the home games, that's for tottenham man u, and swansea/wba etc.

Arsenal Switzerland is small. Maybe 40 members, so everyone gets a chance to see The Arsenal a couple of times a season, with very reasonable flights with easyjet, etc. Now there is an Arsenal Germany, France, Singapore, etc., etc.

I am guessing a few thousand tickets go out for every home game to the Worldwide Arsenal fans, and ALL of these fans will go to the shop and buy something. Not just something. They will fill their 20 kg allowance.

Now if I were a PLC I would want those kind of fans. No, change that. If I was a football club I would want those fans.

Fans from all around the World, who have picked The Arsenal to be their team, rather than have Arsenal "forced" upon you because your family was Arsenal, or because you grew up near there, or because you've got your season ticket and you might as well use it.

Arsenal home fans? The most passionless fans in the World? Probably.
The richest fans in the World? Yeah, almost definitely.

Maybe true now, but was NEVER like that before, most old school gooners i know sit in pubs saturday watching the game...they hardly ever go....Times have changed and are never to return.....just the way it is...all things must pass
True mate - Sad, But True. :cry:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
NickF wrote:
This is the problem, there are a core group of really good lads that will get involved in everything but we need more than 7. If no one else can be bothered, then why should we keep giving up our time and energy?
I got told that I was not taking it it seriously enough,so I am going to let the "real" anti Wengers get on with it.
My money was serious though. :banghead:
If you want it back PM me......
I meant that by donating to the cause I was showing that I was serious about about what we/you are trying to achieve,so of course I don't want the money back.
I have a seat for tonights game against Leicester City,but have decided not to go.
My empty seat can be my protest.
Forget what I said, I apologise ...just got frustrated..the win didn't help my mood either.

Btw can I have your ticket :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm kidding.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
No need to apologise mate,I know from experience how frustrating it can be to both co-ordinate,and maintain the momentum of a campaign.
Wenger Out! :barscarf:

Babu

Post by Babu »

xisstential wrote: As you said the other day..this is war. I don't care what we have to do to get him out..as long as it isn't illegal or violent.
...and that's where you lost me, sadly...