Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babu

Re: Wenger Out protests

Post by Babu »

Redarmy wrote:
Babu wrote:
Arsenal home fans? The most passionless fans in the World? Probably.
The richest fans in the World? Yeah, almost definitely.

Maybe true now, but was NEVER like that before, most old school gooners i know sit in pubs saturday watching the game...they hardly ever go....Times have changed and are never to return.....just the way it is...all things must pass
I went to The Arsenal from 1973 to 1991, regularly from '80
First in the west lower, then schoolboys, then North Bank, then Clock End...first game in there Willie Young's first game, Ipswich, lost 4-1, still an amazing experience, have even been in East Upper a few times, when Mr. Adams got out being a notable one, the Arsenal Reserves game.
Went away with a group of lads for nearly a decade, over 500 games home and away.

Still go to many European aways, time and finances willing.

I never got to go in the new Clockend or Northbank at Highbury ( thank god, actually ) or the Emirates, but don't think I've missed anything.

Football has changed. The Premier League and sky changed it forever.

What can never change is that my football club was The Arsenal.

That football club is dead now, but they've made a nice little garden where she once was.
I haven't seen the grave yet, and am not sure I want to see it, because then it will be "real".

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Some beuatys on Twitter today, started by the Supporters Club who said Sunday was better because there were no protests....A few insightful comments followed, my favourite was that the protests cost Arsenal at least four points...

Babu

Post by Babu »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:I thought they changed the motto to forward ?
I have incurred the wrath of some hear as not being Militant enough but I really do support the cause.
Don't give up !

Is that true ??? Please tell me it's not !!!! They changed the Club motto to "Forward" ????

Fucking hell, as if desecrating the badge was not enough. Tell me you're kidding, PLEASE !!
Image Image Image

Luckily I think "forward" was only on the 125 year anniversary shirt

I believe the motto is still VCC.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Thank fuck for that ,to be honest i didn't know , Forward was our Original motto apparently and changed to VCC !

Sean

Post by Sean »

Great post from OneBard there :barscarf:

We really need an applause and thumbs up icons :lol:

OBG, if you can make it over again before the end of the season, I owe you a pint. Same for a few others too :cheers:

It is a shame about the squabbling here. Although I now see that it's actually more of a personal thing between a few posters, as opposed to a 'protester versus non-protester' thing. Still sad to see though.

I was about to say, the 'Forward' motto was on the 125th anniversary badge only. Just as well. It might as well have been 'Sideways' for the absolute shit we play 95% of the time. The badge itself has no motto, although they have had the VCC incorporated into some of the kits since we changed the badge.

Chris, what is the plan (vaguely) for the coming weeks? No details. It appears that we're putting the marches on ice until the end of the season, but will do other things. Although I'm not sure the media are picking up on the alternative things we have done in any meaningful degree. Beating City hasn't helped the cause either.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Thanks Sean and Babu for explaining. Blimey, that was a a bit of a fright and Herd's relieved too ! Old fuckers like him and me had to have a sit down at the very thought of the motto changing ! :lol:

Having said all that, you've made me think about things Sean.....perhaps "Sideways" would, indeed, be the perfect motto. Or maybe, "Sideways and Slightly Backwards"....has a certain ring to it, eh?

Then again, perhaps simply "Purgatory". Yes, I think that's it !!

:lol: :lol: and also :suicide:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Sean wrote:Great post from OneBard there :barscarf:

OBG, if you can make it over again before the end of the season, I owe you a pint. Same for a few others too :cheers:

It is a shame about the squabbling here. Although I now see that it's actually more of a personal thing between a few posters, as opposed to a 'protester versus non-protester' thing. Still sad to see though.

I was about to say, the 'Forward' motto was on the 125th anniversary badge only. Just as well. It might as well have been 'Sideways' for the absolute shit we play 95% of the time. The badge itself has no motto, although they have had the VCC incorporated into some of the kits since we changed the badge.

Chris, what is the plan (vaguely) for the coming weeks? No details. It appears that we're putting the marches on ice until the end of the season, but will do other things. Although I'm not sure the media are picking up on the alternative things we have done in any meaningful degree. Beating City hasn't helped the cause either.
There's something gonna happen.........The way forward now is to do big things without requiring numbers.... hopefully the team will start losing again and we can get the numbers again to march.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Purgatory is where we are , nothing has changed since 2008/9 !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:Purgatory is where we are , nothing has changed since 2008/9 !

Exactly. Endless torment. Blimey, I must have been a wicked bastard in a past life. :(

Babu

Post by Babu »

Retro Gunner wrote:Thanks Sean and Babu for explaining. Blimey, that was a a bit of a fright and Herd's relieved too ! Old fuckers like him and me had to have a sit down at the very thought of the motto changing ! :lol:

Having said all that, you've made me think about things Sean.....perhaps "Sideways" would, indeed, be the perfect motto. Or maybe, "Sideways and Slightly Backwards"....has a certain ring to it, eh?

Then again, perhaps simply "Purgatory". Yes, I think that's it !!

:lol: :lol: and also :suicide:
To be honest I shit myself when Herd posted that it had changed too. :shock:

After that I was soooo angry for a few minutes!!! :lol:

On checking I calmed down a bit...

Puma had 'Future, Forever, Victorious' for the shirt launch for the 2014-15 season

I love the reasoning they gave for the blue colour..."seasonal colours" ?!?

‘Future’ is the Cup kit, which will be worn by Arsenal away from home in cup competitions and symbolises the club’s focus on youth development, and is created based on seasonal colours.
‘Forever’ is the Home shirt, representing the loyal supporters that have been at the heart of the club as it stays true to the traditional red and white Arsenal colours.
The ‘Victorious’ Away shirt is based on the team's past victories. This season it was designed in the iconic yellow and navy blue colours worn by the club during some of their most famous victories away from home such as the title-winning victory at Anfield in 1989.

Oh, and Wenger had NOTHING to do with it! For once!
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/features ... ious-story
Q: Did you and your team get any inputs from Arsene Wenger or the players before finalising the designs?

A: Well, the project was kept secret from the manager and players,

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know Herd I know...I was at the Birmingham game with my Older Brother - The last but one he ever went to :cry: When that Utter Piece of FilthyCuntRag martin taylor destroyed Eduardo's Ankle and lower leg - Then of course the free-kick that never was and then Gallis' sit down puerile throwing his toys out of the pram strop - after that it went down hill and we Never Ever Recovered.

:banghead:

Babu

Post by Babu »

NickF

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:
Sean wrote:Great post from OneBard there :barscarf:

There's something gonna happen.........The way forward now is to do big things without requiring numbers.... hopefully the team will start losing again and we can get the numbers again to march.
The sad thing for me is that people genuinely flip flop depending on the result. Even away you will not hear a Wenger out chant if we win.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Nick I know many many home and away fans ,ones who dont miss a game . Whilst some have been on the marches many more who would like wenger to leave simply cannot bring themselves to make dissenting noises while the team are on the pitch. Their pain is visable but they arent sheep or cretins ,they just cannot find it within themselves to boo the team they love or scream abuse at them . These are people who have seen the horror at away games where people have tried to kill us in europe and up north or even at homein the bad old days where you had to link arms to get out with the youngest in the middle.
We need to respect each other !

NickF

Post by NickF »

Herd, what I am talking about are the people who were quite happy to shout "Wenger Out" and abuse the players during the WBA and Palace games but as soon as we win they go quiet. Nothing to do with the people who can't bring themselves to do it in the first place.