Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nick, Jumpers, xisstential - I know what you mean but I was also including club employees in with the AKB so would not rule out the club financing something to counter it.

I was just thinking that banner in particular ("Arsene: it's not the fans; it's not the press; it's not the players; it's you”) has real punch to it and it would be a shame if they were ready with something similarly worded to ridicule it and thus limit the impact.

I think the "BOOM - surprise right hook!" :box: element of that particular message is one of the best so far.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

onlinegooner.com/article.php?section=exclusive&id=3728#.WbORb

My article is on the main website re: the planned protest vs West Brom.

Please publicise it to as many people as possible. A big turnout on this protest march and we really may be able to force Wenger Out.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 am
We are planning a big protest before the West Brom match - Monday 25th Sept.

I'm writing a covering article for the main website and the Evening Standard - should be online over the weekend. Please let as many people know as you possibly can - we need everybody that is concerned about the gross mis-management at our great Club to come along.

If you care - be there !! It's the only way we can force the change that is so desperately needed.

Hopefully the home crowd will let their feelings be known tomorrow vs Bournemouth but after the apathy shown last season, I won't be holding my breath.
Jumpers, where can I place some cash. This for the West Brom game. I am away the week on business but happy to put in 50-100 pounds if that helps the cause.

Jumpers For Goalposts

B 10 - Thanks mate !!

Go to the " Crowdfunding " thread on the main index board. Page 1 is where we've put the link.

Any donations will help for the many stunts we're planning throughout this season.

Think of us on 25th Sept :lol:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

MIND THE GAP................................................................in midfield.
lets see if its consistently massive.
Chelsea vs Arsenal - Tactics Preview - Sky Sports
phpBB [video]

I'm actually hoping for Elneny...hard worker in the mid & a sniper! :box:

Jumpers For Goalposts

I've posted this on the West Brom match thread as well but so that everybody knows - the planned protest march before the West Brom match is OFF.

Apologies to those that had planned to attend but we have had almost zero interest so there's no point even trying. Seems as if the match day punters are happy with 2 more years of Groundhog Day with regular thrashings thrown in for good measure . . . . . .

NickF

Post by NickF »

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:04 am
I've posted this on the West Brom match thread as well but so that everybody knows - the planned protest march before the West Brom match is OFF.
Shame I had a new banner although I'm sure it won't be long until it will be used!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:24 am
Shame I had a new banner although I'm sure it won't be long until it will be used!

Fantastic banner, Nick. 8)

Jumpers For Goalposts

NickF wrote:

Sorry Nick. All of the organisers are thoroughly pissed off at the lack of interest. We've had a look at the reactions to the Bournemouth / Cologne / Chelsea / Doncaster matches and it is as if the awful run last season and the defeats at Stoke & Liverpool didn't happen. So many people focus on just the last result, rather than the bigger picture.

We've calculated that most of those that would attend won't be going to the match. Therefore if only a few of us turn up, it won't be worth marching and we'll have had a wasted journey.

BUT - we ain't going away and we all know that another run of poor results is not too far away. We will be protesting at some point this season - it's just a matter of when.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I think there are lots of people who WOULD protest but just not at the moment, because they know that it would be pointless (myself included)

One of my first reactions after the Chelsea 0-0 was "ok that will mean the WBA protest will be off"

I think I posted either on here or somewhere else that bearing in mind the way the fixtures have fallen there was a need to be patient this season with the protests. (In fact the way the football calendar is now scheduled with easy league cup games/international breaks there is never going to be a call for any meaningful protest at this time of year) There is even an international break after Man City away in November which will kill any protests :banghead: :banghead:

Honestly the earliest I see there being protests is if we fail to beat Spurs (18 November) and Man Utd (2 December) both home games.
Then, only then might you begin to see some numbers...

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

NickF wrote:

Top quality with the new banner Nick :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:

EXCELLENT Banner! :barscarf:

Step

Wenger Out Black Arm Bands

Post by Step »

Just a thought but why are we not wearing black arm bands to games?

It is a subtle but effective way of making our feelings known.

I have produced a limited run of 15 black armbands with a caricature of Wenger and the word DELUDED underneath it (Red design on black). They look great on the white sleeve of the home jersey.

They are on E bay under Wenger Arm Band . Even if you don't fancy one at least wear a black plain one to register your displeasure at the current regime and deluded boss.

I have priced at £4.99 to cover my costs.

We are at best stagnating .
We have to keep the pressure on!!

OneBardGooner

Re: Wenger Out Black Arm Bands

Post by OneBardGooner »

Whilst I can see where you are coming from, in that we need to find ways that keep our opposition to Wenger/Wiggy (The Regime) as high as possible in the spotlight and public eye, but this idea is 'Wrong', for me it would denigrate what is a 'symbol' of grief, of loss, of remembrance. And for me an absolute 'No. No'.

Step

Re: Wenger Out Black Arm Bands

Post by Step »

But that's exactly the point we have lost our once great club due to this cretin , but I take on board your views.

Obviously you wouldn't wear when there has been a loss of any description as that would be disrespectful.

A common sense approach obviously needed.