Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Almunia is a clown

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Total fúcking delusion is any belief that any of the Wenger followers will support protests against Kroenke! :banghead: :banghead:

Wenger will back Kroenke as soon as the protests start & the AKB's will comply with their messiah's instructions. :barscarf:

Wonga owes Wiggy for his new very lucrative contract & he will 100% support the syrup!

The AKB's support Wenger first & foremost, they will not protest against the hierarchy of the club. :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

I know there are a few on here that claim to have access (either directly or indirectly) to usmanov, and if that is the truth then they need to contact him to find out if he is seriously considering his shares - if he is then the immediate focus needs to be anti-kroenke, but if it is just paper bullshit, then the focus needs to remain on driving the French wankstain out :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:04 am
the problem with a big boycott is the amount of season tickets at Arsenal.

last week v Brighton there were clearly thousands of empty seats but the attendance given was over 59,000.
it doesnt matter to Kroenke whether thousands didnt bother to attend, he wont be watching the match.

the only thing he sees and is botherered about is 59,000. he sees that 59,000 pay for their tickets every match and so must be happy with the way things are and so Wenger is retained as manager...it really is as simple as that.

until that season ticket waiting list dries up then nothing will change. (as has been proved ever since Kroenke took over)

the Arsenal season ticket holders might well be the best supporters, but unfortunately that blind support is also now killing the club.
Try reading my post Rob. :wink: I said nothing about ST holders, they are not as vital to club income as sponsors are. An empty stadium speaks to the sponsors, it says they are associating their brand with a club in turmoil and no sponsor will pay millions to do that. The sponsors don't give a fuck about football, they only care about the advertising and brand association they get from sponsoring football clubs. It's the sponsors pulling out that might get the Bewigged Yank Version of Bald Augie thinking "fuck this I'm off".

The real problem though is in getting enough people to boycott often enough that the club, media and Ferret Headed Owner cannot ignore it. You would need a stadium with at least 40K to 50K empty seats and a very public statement issued to the media saying why. And you would need that to happen at least 5 or more times per season. Maybe a lot more times actually... :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:06 am
AKB's remind me of Brexiters or is it Brexiters remind me of AKB's :?

i dont know anymore
What about the risk of AKB's storming supermarkets...? :shock:

:D :wink:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

augie wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:13 am
Wrong - he can justify that when there are a few thousand empty seats in the bowl, but if the majority of the seats are empty, then there is no way he or the media can dismiss it. In my opinion a stadium that is mostly empty will send a message that we are not willing to support a club owned by the yank - yes those season tickets have already been paid for this season, but will those people renew next season if the sole owner is a man whose record in sports club is absolute mediocrity ? As the umpa lumpa mod rightly says, no sponsor will want to be associated with a club where the fans are going to financially boycott every aspect of the club ? Will a kit supplier pay money if they know that the fans are gonna stop buying club merchandise ?
I don't think he cares though, Kroenke's brand is mediocrity, I could shoot all of Fiszman (RIP NOT), PHW, Braceface-Toff etc. for selling to him and Dein for getting him involved.

I do think we are closer than some though to not selling out games regularly, there were a lot of stories about ST holders not being able to 'rent' or tx their unwanted tickets last season and I can only imagine it is significantly worse this season, next season without our two marquee players what is the appeal of watching Arsenal?, I don't buy all this 'tourists' will just buy the tickets, the club are already engaging in desperate tactics to try and sell tickets for the lesser games.

I suspect though they will just keep dropping prices slightly to keep it full(ish) and that is good enough for them, just like on the field, there is absolutely no tangible ambition other than tick over, make a profit and maybe win the VT (4th) for extra $$$.

I don't expect to set foot in the Emirates ever again now and frankly I don't miss it.

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

last week v Brighton there were clearly thousands of empty seats but the attendance given was over 59,000.
it doesnt matter to Kroenke whether thousands didnt bother to attend, he wont be watching the match.

the only thing he sees and is botherered about is 59,000. he sees that 59,000 pay for their tickets every match and so must be happy with the way things are and so Wenger is retained as manager...it really is as simple as that.

until that season ticket waiting list dries up then nothing will change. (as has been proved ever since Kroenke took over)

the Arsenal season ticket holders might well be the best supporters, but unfortunately that blind support is also now killing the club.

Wrong - he can justify that when there are a few thousand empty seats in the bowl, but if the majority of the seats are empty, then there is no way he or the media can dismiss it. In my opinion a stadium that is mostly empty will send a message that we are not willing to support a club owned by the yank - yes those season tickets have already been paid for this season, but will those people renew next season if the sole owner is a man whose record in sports club is absolute mediocrity ? As the umpa lumpa mod rightly says, no sponsor will want to be associated with a club where the fans are going to financially boycott every aspect of the club ? Will a kit supplier pay money if they know that the fans are gonna stop buying club merchandise ?
They're not though are they? You've only got to look and the number of tops at the pre-season games to realise this.
Whilst the "hardcore" may stop buying products the majority (including non matchgoers) will not.

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

They're not though are they? You've only got to look and the number of tops at the pre-season games to realise this.
Whilst the "hardcore" may stop buying products the majority (including non matchgoers) will not.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:06 am
AKB's remind me of Brexiters or is it Brexiters remind me of AKB's :?

nail on the head :lol: :lol:

Corbyn is the most high profile example :D

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:49 am

I do think we are closer than some though to not selling out games regularly, there were a lot of stories about ST holders not being able to 'rent' or tx their unwanted tickets last season and I can only imagine it is significantly worse this season, next season without our two marquee players what is the appeal of watching Arsenal?, I don't buy all this 'tourists' will just buy the tickets, the club are already engaging in desperate tactics to try and sell tickets for the lesser games.

I suspect though they will just keep dropping prices slightly to keep it full(ish) and that is good enough for them, just like on the field, there is absolutely no tangible ambition other than tick over, make a profit and maybe win the VT (4th) for extra $$$.

I don't expect to set foot in the Emirates ever again now and frankly I don't miss it.
The problem is that it's not happening. Brighton was a sell-out at 12pm on a Sunday and Swansea at the end of the month is already sold out. The club will never have a problem selling out the Cat A matches since everyone from America, China, etc. is dying to go a "marquee matchup." I haven't been to the Emirates since Jan 2016 and specifically plan my trips to only go to away matches, but for most Americans it's the opposite.

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:43 am
I know there are a few on here that claim to have access (either directly or indirectly) to usmanov, and if that is the truth then they need to contact him to find out if he is seriously considering his shares - if he is then the immediate focus needs to be anti-kroenke, but if it is just paper bullshit, then the focus needs to remain on driving the French wankstain out :evil:
It would be good to actually hear something from Usmanov for once. People talk about 'Silent Stan' but Usmanov doesnt say much either.

How the fuck we got into this position I dont know. Actually I do know ... the previous custodians of our club, despite being in a privileged position at the club and in life in general, all decided to cash in. This after several years of bullshit about a lock down agreement and how they favoured dual ownership.

The Carr family, Nina Bracewell Smith, Hillwood etc. Did they really need the money? Even Fiszman. Couldnt he have sold put his shares up for sale to for Arsenal supporters to buy before he croaked instead of selling them to KSE ?

And what about David Dein? Already a rich man but sold his shares to Usamanov for £75m. If Usmanov now sells to Kroenke, how does Dein's place in the clubs history look all of a sudden?

I detest the lot of them.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:22 pm
The problem is that it's not happening. Brighton was a sell-out at 12pm on a Sunday and Swansea at the end of the month is already sold out. The club will never have a problem selling out the Cat A matches since everyone from America, China, etc. is dying to go a "marquee matchup." I haven't been to the Emirates since Jan 2016 and specifically plan my trips to only go to away matches, but for most Americans it's the opposite.
It's not happened yet, although the attendance for WBA was I think 600 or so below capacity so have to assume a few tickets remained unsold, but I think we can only claim to be 'relevant' for so long, we're in our first season out of the top 4 for 20 years, if we begin to get locked out of the top 4 and even sink towards midtable which is possible if Usmanov goes to Everton, then I think pretty soon the fickle johnny come lately fans will drift away, as I said what is our appeal without Sanchez and Ozil?, does anyone really believe we'll replace Sanchez with Griezmann?, more likely they'll both be in Manchester next season.

I don't think it will change a lot but I don't think we're far away from regular games on general sale, the club have been dining off past glories for a long time now and it will catch up with them sooner or later. Not that I give a f*ck, I won't be buying any tickets even if the club offered them for a £1.

In a way I just hope something gives next summer, either Kroenke f*cks off (ideal) or he buys us outright and then me and the corporation(club) can go our separate ways..

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Usmanov speaks :barscarf:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 50606.html

fuck off Kroenke!

what you have to remember is that Usmanov is much richer than Kroenke, so I dont think that the american cowboy will be telling him what to do anytime soon 8)

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:06 pm
Ziegler1988 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:22 pm
It's not happened yet, although the attendance for WBA was I think 600 or so below capacity so have to assume a few tickets remained unsold, but I think we can only claim to be 'relevant' for so long, we're in our first season out of the top 4 for 20 years, if we begin to get locked out of the top 4 and even sink towards midtable which is possible if Usmanov goes to Everton, then I think pretty soon the fickle johnny come lately fans will drift away, as I said what is our appeal without Sanchez and Ozil?, does anyone really believe we'll replace Sanchez with Griezmann?, more likely they'll both be in Manchester next season.

I don't think it will change a lot but I don't think we're far away from regular games on general sale, the club have been dining off past glories for a long time now and it will catch up with them sooner or later. Not that I give a f*ck, I won't be buying any tickets even if the club offered them for a £1.

In a way I just hope something gives next summer, either Kroenke f*cks off (ideal) or he buys us outright and then me and the corporation(club) can go our separate ways..
I guess it depends on what you want to achieve. If you want the world to see big areas of empty seats, then that is already happening. Even last season the upper tiers were rarely full. Can't remember which game it was but there was a midweek game towards the end of the season that was very empty and got a lot of press. The club can carry on claiming 59k attendances but people can see with their own eyes that isn't bums on seats.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:31 pm

I guess it depends on what you want to achieve. If you want the world to see big areas of empty seats, then that is already happening. Even last season the upper tiers were rarely full. Can't remember which game it was but there was a midweek game towards the end of the season that was very empty and got a lot of press. The club can carry on claiming 59k attendances but people can see with their own eyes that isn't bums on seats.
Yes and those empty seats will be pretty much all ST holders who cba to turn up and couldn't sell on those games, so effectively the cost of their ST is going up every season as demand from the 'floating' fan is dropping, before long critical mass is reached and the ST holders stop renewing and the waiting list drops to a much lower number, also just because you are on the waiting list doesn't mean you'll automatically snap up a ST, especially not to see an Arsenal side minus Sanchez/Ozil playing Europa league football against teams from eastern Europe and sitting in 7th place.

I think by next season unless something major happens off the field, we will start seeing games not sell out more regularly, a few this season will not sell out anyway, they wanted the more affluent fan and they will have to deal with their fickle nature if we fall right down the pecking order.

:twisted:

I predict another round of ST cost cutting coming up next season.. :roll:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Usmanov won't sell Arsenal stake to Kroenke, £2bn offer still stands
http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story/322 ... till-stand

From Espn report - Alisher Usmanov - "I have always been and will continue to be an ardent supporter of Arsenal and I see my 30 percent stake as an important aspect in protecting the best interests of the fans in the Club."

COME ON??? GET BEHIND USMANOV!!! :barscarf:
MY HERO!!!!
FIGHT THE MEDIOCRE POWER!!! Let him know we need him to keep bidding with positive protests AKB's would agree #UsmanovIN
We need him to bid until he becomes majority owner!!! let him know he has full FAN SUPPORT!!!..Banners...actual phone calls...whatever you can!

Remember
Players have windows
Managers have contracts
BUT OWNERS CAN CHANGE OVER NIGHT!!! :box: