Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Wenger Out protests

Post by NickF »

Gunner Rob wrote:My first reaction was - great idea
My second was - bad timing

Fair play if it gets good coverage though and some support.

I am still Wenger out and still believe the next 2 weeks will be a complete car crash.
It's just a question of getting numbers for the protests - all I am saying is that I hope tonight doesn't put people off...
To be brutally honest the numbers depends on whether we win or lose the last game, sorry but that's the way it is.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Fantastic light show lads, only wish it could have been done at an evening home match but the logistics would probably have been impossible :wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Brilliant ideas lads.

Well done!!

Just donated £20 there. Sadly all I can afford to at the moment!

Went down as anonymous for some reason :shock:

Midz

Post by Midz »

xisstential wrote:Image
Awesome !! Well done to everyone involved.
What a fabulous start to the weekend. :barscarf: :barscarf:

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Forget Wenger out protests, light shows there should be no way the players can blame these events if they get battered at the swamp. The players should know how important this match is to the fans, if they don't know then it's another failing of Wenger and his coaching staff. Don't know about you boys but getting wound up for the scum now maybe because I am an old git but these scum matches always mean the most to me.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:Brilliant ideas lads.

Well done!!

Just donated £20 there. Sadly all I can afford to at the moment!

Went down as anonymous for some reason :shock:
Cheers...donations have pretty much dried up.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

My personal favourite, with the groundhog replacing "forward".

Cracking idea, well executed, hats off to all involved. :barscarf:

RobG

Post by RobG »

That's great getting it up on the Emirates.

Well done :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

StuartL wrote:
My personal favourite, with the groundhog replacing "forward".

Cracking idea, well executed, hats off to all involved. :barscarf:
Agreed. And yeah I think thats my favourite one too.

But the Marble Arch one was also a cracking idea as it would be seen by so many more people than the Highbury one.

Great artwork too. I love the Wenger Ban picture :)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Don't protest before the semi final, don't protest before the NLD, would someone mind the fuck telling me when we should protest then? People do realise there's just 7 games and less than a month to go before the end of the season yeah?

Would before the Boreham Wood pre season friendly be acceptable to everyone? Of course he'll have already signed the extension by then and be walking around with a permanent smug fucking grin but at least everyone will think the timing is right.

And do people honestly believe that any protest will have an outcome on the game? That's fucking ludicrous and about as daft a thing to say as "we lost today because I wasn't wearing my lucky fucking socks". I take it the plane was the cause of the WBA horror show and the nasty chants at Palace were the reason we got hammered there?

The players couldn't give a flying fuck what you get up to of a Friday night, fuck it most of see going away to the swamp on Sunday as being no different to playing Burnely away. Win, lose or draw they'll be on Instagram Monday morning showing off their new haircut or trainers without a care in the world.

What something like last night achieves, especially with the coverage it's getting in the press and on social media, is that it damages the Arsenal brand, something the club holds so dear. And every opportunity between now and the end of the season, whether we're playing the scum or Accrington fucking Stanley to damage and ridicule the club for even considering offering the old fraud an extension is welcomed by me.

Well done again to all involved last night and fuck the begrudgers :barscarf:

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

I'm a wum not because that is my intent but because when I posted more regularly people didn't agree with my views. People can't handle an opinion it winds them up. This forum states it's for ALL gooners. It says it welcomes them.

No it bloody doesn't.

If people can't see how throwing such nonsense up on Highbury is one of the most un-gooner things one could imagine then I truly despair.

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:Don't protest before the semi final, don't protest before the NLD, would someone mind the fuck telling me when we should protest then? People do realise there's just 7 games and less than a month to go before the end of the season yeah?

Would before the Boreham Wood pre season friendly be acceptable to everyone? Of course he'll have already signed the extension by then and be walking around with a permanent smug fucking grin but at least everyone will think the timing is right.

And do people honestly believe that any protest will have an outcome on the game? That's fucking ludicrous and about as daft a thing to say as "we lost today because I wasn't wearing my lucky fucking socks". I take it the plane was the cause of the WBA horror show and the nasty chants at Palace were the reason we got hammered there?

The players couldn't give a flying fuck what you get up to of a Friday night, fuck it most of see going away to the swamp on Sunday as being no different to playing Burnely away. Win, lose or draw they'll be on Instagram Monday morning showing off their new haircut or trainers without a care in the world.

What something like last night achieves, especially with the coverage it's getting in the press and on social media, is that it damages the Arsenal brand, something the club holds so dear. And every opportunity between now and the end of the season, whether we're playing the scum or Accrington fucking Stanley to damage and ridicule the club for even considering offering the old fraud an extension is welcomed by me.

Well done again to all involved last night and fuck the begrudgers :barscarf:
Fantastic post mate, couldnt agree more

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Steve_I wrote:I'm a wum not because that is my intent but because when I posted more regularly people didn't agree with my views. People can't handle an opinion it winds them up. This forum states it's for ALL gooners. It says it welcomes them.

No it bloody doesn't.

If people can't see how throwing such nonsense up on Highbury is one of the most un-gooner things one could imagine then I truly despair.
Why is it un-gooner to try to pull our beloved club back out of the same old routine for years and actually be challenging for the big trophies?

Here's a question for you,

If Wenger did leave and we had a new manager that lost 10 - 2 in Europe and got a spanking from our local rivals. Would you back him?
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Steve_I wrote:I'm a wum not because that is my intent but because when I posted more regularly people didn't agree with my views. People can't handle an opinion it winds them up. This forum states it's for ALL gooners. It says it welcomes them.

No it bloody doesn't.

Post away...your opinion doesn't bother me because I couldn't care less what you think. If you wanna weep about not being welcome here, go somewhere else.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... s-10319098

Fair play chaps. agree or disagree with their actions, you can't say they're not trying!