Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Wenger Out protests

Post by Clash »

Steve_I wrote:I'm a wum not because that is my intent but because when I posted more regularly people didn't agree with my views. People can't handle an opinion it winds them up. This forum states it's for ALL gooners. It says it welcomes them.

No it bloody doesn't.

If people can't see how throwing such nonsense up on Highbury is one of the most un-gooner things one could imagine then I truly despair.

Give it a rest mate. Your opinion is your choice but its the way you post that antagonises people and you know it.

This is you from around a year ago:

Steve_I wrote:How's the most cheerful corner of the Arsenal online world?

still championing a losing horse? What is it now; a decade of wanting our best ever manager out?

Arsenal's 'managerouters' are the crappest going. A decade of failure! Bottom of the ManagerOuter league by some distance.

Hey ho! Good luck. UTA.

You're not seriously saying that you aren't trying to wind people up here? Or is that what you call banter?

Steve_I wrote:

I stick by posts I made here a few years ago and will bump them in another few years to show I have been consistent and was correct. Arsene will not be in place when I repost it (probably) but that is not a problem as you seem to believe it will be to people like me. I remain in the majority, although you can't see it. Nothing I can do about that.

It matters not who the manager is or isn't in the future I will support them. I remain an "AKB" and so shall it ever be until he is replaced. If he doesn't know best then he wouldn't be there,one of you would - and you're not. LOL
How about this sanctimonious post ?

Why not bump those posts now just to prove how correct you were? :roll:

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
If Wenger did leave and we had a new manager that lost 10 - 2 in Europe and got a spanking from our local rivals. Would you back him?
I will back any manager we have and any player we have whilst they represent The Arsenal.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Steve_I wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
If Wenger did leave and we had a new manager that lost 10 - 2 in Europe and got a spanking from our local rivals. Would you back him?
I will back any manager we have and any player we have whilst they represent The Arsenal.

Is there anything a manager or player could do that would stop you backing them?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Steve_I wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Even if they're hindering The Arsenal?

These are individuals you are talking about backing ... and compared to the club they are not that important.

Misplaced loyalty as far as I am concerned and too subservient as well.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Steve_I wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
So you'll back a manager and players that are clearly bringing the club you say you support down.

Well mate you are either a WUM, sheep, loser or coward if you are coming out with a statement like that.

For the record I'm not trying to insult you here because everyone has a right to their opinion.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Steve_I wrote:
And so your chosen position to back Wenger is pre-determined? Then why should we take your reasons to back him seriously?

I think you have it the wrong way round. If there are reasons to back Wenger, then back him. Yet it appears that you've decided that you are going to back him regardless and then after that you go looking for reasons to back up that up stance.

And then you come on here and tell us how you will be shown to be consistent and correct :D

armchair

Post by armchair »

Lads notice how, when this guy posts it turns out to be all about him?
Stop giving him the attention and he will go away.

The time for debate on the Wenger in/out issue has long gone. The debate is over. We have moved on. This thread is about protesting to get Wenger Out not about whether or not he should stay.

Last edited by armchair on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Apparantley the #WengerOut fund has dried up.

So if anyone reading this and is on twitter could go to this page and share and retweet it please.

I think last nights light show at Highbury/Emirates has given some great exposure and we need to take advantage of it now while its hot.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/chris-butler-1

Clash

Post by Clash »

Very true Armchair.

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Steve_I wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
So you'll back a manager and players that are clearly bringing the club you say you support down.

Well mate you are either a WUM, sheep, loser or coward if you are coming out with a statement like that.

For the record I'm not trying to insult you here because everyone has a right to their opinion.

Don't worry mate, not insulted. I think people are sheep with the wenger out thing. Each to his/her own of course.

I would be wanting change if I felt a manager or player were actually being detrimental to the team or clearly bringing the team down. I get as frustrated in defeat as any.

Here's the point, I think:
I, and many many others, do not believe Arsene Wenger is a bad manager. I of course want us to win the league again for his fourth title. I want us to win the CL and the FA cup. I want us to win the league cup, the charity shield, the Emirates cup and anything else we are in. There is never a game or time I want us not to win. If I truly believed that a change in manager would guarantee that I would say so. I would still, however, give my support to the manager in situ. Likewise with players.

Obviously if we were fighting for survival regularly I might view things differently. If we were demoted also. But, I would still be going to games and supporting whoever played for us or manages us during games.

I see no evidence or convincing argument for replacing our manager outside of people's opinions. No facts or hard evidence to support that view other that others deciding I'm wrong and calling me the various things you mention.

To me, and others, those who want him out are the ones who 'blindly follow'. Following something that has no validity.

it's how I see things. It's my opinion. Some will disagree others agree.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Steve_I wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Steve_I wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Don't worry mate, not insulted. I think people are sheep with the wenger out thing. Each to his/her own of course.

I would be wanting change if I felt a manager or player were actually being detrimental to the team or clearly bringing the team down. I get as frustrated in defeat as any.

Here's the point, I think:
I, and many many others, do not believe Arsene Wenger is a bad manager. I of course want us to win the league again for his fourth title. I want us to win the CL and the FA cup. I want us to win the league cup, the charity shield, the Emirates cup and anything else we are in. There is never a game or time I want us not to win. If I truly believed that a change in manager would guarantee that I would say so. I would still, however, give my support to the manager in situ. Likewise with players.

Obviously if we were fighting for survival regularly I might view things differently. If we were demoted also. But, I would still be going to games and supporting whoever played for us or manages us during games.

I see no evidence or convincing argument for replacing our manager outside of people's opinions. No facts or hard evidence to support that view other that others deciding I'm wrong and calling me the various things you mention.

To me, and others, those who want him out are the ones who 'blindly follow'. Following something that has no validity.

it's how I see things. It's my opinion. Some will disagree others agree.
I get all of that......but tell me......have you participated in any "There's Only One Arsene Wenger" singalongs this season?

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

SteveO 35 wrote:
I get all of that......but tell me......have you participated in any "There's Only One Arsene Wenger" singalongs this season?
Only while I was singing in the shower. Tried one line in the pub pre Wembley but mate told me to "shut the fuck up and get to the bar"

:barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Steve_I wrote:
I would be wanting change if I felt a manager or player were actually being detrimental to the team or clearly bringing the team down.
No you wouldn't, you posted earlier that you will blindly support whoever the manager and players are.

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

NickF wrote:
Steve_I wrote:
I would be wanting change if I felt a manager or player were actually being detrimental to the team or clearly bringing the team down.
No you wouldn't, you posted earlier that you will blindly support whoever the manager and players are.
That's the problem. People selecting bits to suit their own view. Happens all the time with press conferences, newspaper quotes, Twitter and in this case online forum. Read my whole post there and it says this :

{If I truly believed that a change in manager would guarantee that I would say so. I would still, however, give my support to the manager in situ. Likewise with players. }

NickF

Post by NickF »

Steve_I wrote:
NickF wrote:
Steve_I wrote:
That's the problem. People selecting bits to suit their own view. Happens all the time with press conferences, newspaper quotes, Twitter and in this case online forum. Read my whole post there and it says this :

{If I truly believed that a change in manager would guarantee that I would say so. I would still, however, give my support to the manager in situ. Likewise with players. }
Your exact quote was:

"I will back any manager we have and any player we have whilst they represent The Arsenal." - how is that selecting bits?