Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
ten20

Wenger Out protest thread

Post by ten20 »

I have been a long time reader of this forum and agree with the majority that there is only one thing holding us back from truly competing with the biggest clubs and that is Wenger.

This may be the protest that gives the board that final push to move on from Wenger or it may be a complete flop and we are all left with egg on our faces. Regardless it's one last chance for fans who want Arsenal to break free from Wenger's shackles and start realising our enormous potential, to finally make our voices heard.

After reading a few of the posts in the main Wenger thread, someone suggested to start a new thread to focus on and organise this protest, so lets start organising.

:barscarf:
Last edited by ten20 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DB10GOONER

Re: Wenger Out protest, Tuesday 7th March.

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'll make this a sticky.

Please keep it about the Protest. If it degenerates into another "Wenger is shit" thread then it will get merged.

Good work and best of luck to all who can attend. 8)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:I'll make this a sticky.

Please keep it about the Protest. If it degenerates into another "Wenger is shit" thread then it will get merged.

How about a "Wenger is shit" banner...surely that is allowed :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:I'll make this a sticky.

How about a "Wenger is shit" banner...surely that is allowed :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

On here? Absolutely! :barscarf:

Speaking of banners.... something maybe worth debating is the "polite" banners. I was a supporter of the idea that the banners should be clean, polite and respectful, because a banner with "FUCK OFF WENGER" on it will be discounted instantly by the media and make our fans look like gobshites. But the respectful banners have not had any impact beyond provoking the media to take the piss. :roll:

Personally, I still think the respectful banners look and read really well, tbh. But are the banners too respectful, too polite, and thus dilute the message?

Maybe something along the lines of "WENGER OUT" might have more impact? :rubchin:

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

ten20 wrote:I have been a long time reader of this forum and agree with the majority that there is only one thing holding us back from truly competing with the biggest clubs and that is Wenger.

This may be the protest that gives the board that final push to move on from Wenger or it may be a complete flop and we are all left with egg on our faces. Regardless it's one last chance for fans who want Arsenal to break free from Wenger's shackles and start realising our enormous potential, to finally make our voices heard.

After reading a few of the posts in the main Wenger thread, someone suggested to start a new thread to focus on and organise this protest, so lets start organising.

:barscarf:
Welcome to the forum mate.

The more on board for this from here the merrier. Really don't think it's going to be more egg on face time like end of last season v Norwich. Even if there is a couple of hundred people, our presence will be felt as opposed to scatterings here and there in the bowl. Couple in the anger from the latest on pitch embarrassment, his two fingered hastily arranged press conference and non intervention from the likes of Red Action, I think a lot more people will make an effort and we might be pleasantly surprised by the turn out.

As regards people off here,think there is quite a few meeting up outside the old East stand from 6pm. Hopefully see you there :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I think it depends on the Liverpool result what impact this may have.

lose to Liverpool and even the media might back us having a protest.
beat Liverpool and all the AKBs/media will be saying be careful what you wish for :roll:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Just before 6pm outside the old East Stand is our meeting point. Hopefully people will join us along the way to The Armoury to swell our numbers.

It's impossible to know how many people will start off with us but these things can grow once others see what's happening. Lots of people will join in but very few want to be the first to put their head above the parapet.

I should have a couple of the big banners with me. Will need help carrying and displaying them.

And - we'll have to be on our guard in case any AKBs decide to take a swing at us, lie they did to Frank at Man City last season. A big turn out should dissuade anyone from that so fingers crossed.

This could be our only chance to end the purgatory.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Not being funny like but there wont be many at the game ,and a 6 pm the place will resemble a ghost town barring 3,000 Bavarian Beer monsters who will be at the Drayton singing Horst Wessel.

Having a protest in front of Johnny foreigner is very bad form in my book , but having a protest to what will likely be the smallest crowd of the season is also a tad pointless !

armchair

Post by armchair »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Just before 6pm outside the old East Stand is our meeting point. Hopefully people will join us along the way to The Armoury to swell our numbers.

It's impossible to know how many people will start off with us but these things can grow once others see what's happening. Lots of people will join in but very few want to be the first to put their head above the parapet.

I should have a couple of the big banners with me. Will need help carrying and displaying them.

And - we'll have to be on our guard in case any AKBs decide to take a swing at us, lie they did to Frank at Man City last season. A big turn out should dissuade anyone from that so fingers crossed.

This could be our only chance to end the purgatory.
There will be no probs. At City its all close quarters with a lot of idiots surrounding you who've been on the booze all day. I guarantee you there will be no issues. A few quizzical looks and maybe the odd AKB shouting out. But it will be warmly received in the main.

armchair

Post by armchair »

The fact that there may or may not be many people there to witness it is totally irellevent.
Make sure someone in your group is detailed to take photos/vids then bang them up on social media.
Press, TV will be there. Dont need anyone else.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Herd wrote:Not being funny like but there wont be many at the game ,and a 6 pm the place will resemble a ghost town barring 3,000 Bavarian Beer monsters who will be at the Drayton singing Horst Wessel.

Having a protest in front of Johnny foreigner is very bad form in my book , but having a protest to what will likely be the smallest crowd of the season is also a tad pointless !
I take your point mate but we've all be guilty of moaning on here for ages whilst doing nothing else.

Surely we've got to try haven't we ??

ten20

Post by ten20 »

Yeah I dont think it matters that much how many people are actually there.

If we can get 100 + people together and get chants going of 'We want Wenger out' in and around the armoury, get it recorded and uploaded to twitter, facebook, instagram etc there is a good chance it will go viral and onto all the main media platforms.

Before that though we need to get this info out to as many people as possible, so lets all start spreading the word on all Arsenal social media.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Herd wrote:Not being funny like but there wont be many at the game ,and a 6 pm the place will resemble a ghost town barring 3,000 Bavarian Beer monsters who will be at the Drayton singing Horst Wessel.

Maybe we should wait a few days until the Lincoln game, that'll have much more publicity right? Or even better, why not wait until April when he's already signed.

You might think it's "bad form" in front of said opposition, but this is all Wenger's fault, not ours. So blame him. There can always be an excuse not to protest, but what will that achieve?

Will see everyone there at 6pm as stated. Will try getting a mass of Wenger Out sheets printed too. Let's hound this utter *word censored* out of our once great club.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Remember lads. Most important thing.........

Pics or it didnt happen!

#TimeForChange #WengerOut

ten20

Post by ten20 »

If we get large enough numbers we should go to the coach entrance on Queensland Rd and make ourselves seen and heard to Wenger and some of the board as they are driving in.

Picture 500 angry gooners causing a massive scene here -