Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:19 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:16 pm

This leads to a key tactical change. I agree with Nick that those fans won't ever turn in the required numbers, as long as the target is Wenger. I fully agreed last season that to turn on Kroenke would have diluted the message, but our efforts, valiant as they were, ultimately failed. We have to go after Kroenke and by extension, that might drag Wenger into Stan's firing line. Hopefully, it would get rid of both of the parasites. In those final couple of league games last season, the fans, totally spontaneously, turned vocally, in big numbers, on Stan. Imagine the reaction if our protests target him and stir anti Kroenke sentiment up.....the long awaited in-stadium protests will finally happen. It doesn't spare Wenger, he'd be guilty by association and he would take to defending Stan and criticising the fans.....good, because that would drag him into the mix. We can argue all day about whether it's Wenger or Kroenke who's to blame, but that gets us nowhere. We have to be political about this and who knows, we might eventually rid ourselves of both.

Up The Gunners !!
The fans will not do anything in significant numbers even if the target is Kroenke (which IMO lets Wenger off the hook). Apathy is the biggest problem.

The bottom line is you can shout at Kroenke as much as you like but:

1) He isn't at the games or even in the country to hear (and probably doesn't give a f**k anyway)
2) Unless you have a spare 2bn sitting around he's not going anywhere, even Usmanov has gone very quiet on that front.
Agreed Apathy is the real issue....we do seem to have more of the latte drinking, iPad , Facebook, selfie taking crowd than most others
the buzz and banter of the old school long since gone.....

NickF

Post by NickF »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

This leads to a key tactical change. I agree with Nick that those fans won't ever turn in the required numbers, as long as the target is Wenger. I fully agreed last season that to turn on Kroenke would have diluted the message, but our efforts, valiant as they were, ultimately failed. We have to go after Kroenke and by extension, that might drag Wenger into Stan's firing line. Hopefully, it would get rid of both of the parasites. In those final couple of league games last season, the fans, totally spontaneously, turned vocally, in big numbers, on Stan. Imagine the reaction if our protests target him and stir anti Kroenke sentiment up.....the long awaited in-stadium protests will finally happen. It doesn't spare Wenger, he'd be guilty by association and he would take to defending Stan and criticising the fans.....good, because that would drag him into the mix. We can argue all day about whether it's Wenger or Kroenke who's to blame, but that gets us nowhere. We have to be political about this and who knows, we might eventually rid ourselves of both.

Up The Gunners !!
The fans will not do anything in significant numbers even if the target is Kroenke (which IMO lets Wenger off the hook). Apathy is the biggest problem.

1) He isn't at the games or even in the country to hear (and probably doesn't give a f**k anyway)
2) Unless you have a spare 2bn sitting around he's not going anywhere, even Usmanov has gone very quiet on that front.

Ok Nick, you may well be right, but what's the alternative.....do nothing ??

To accept things as they are and do nothing, really will signal the death of the Club.
The club died when Wenger was given a new contract. It basically proves no one at the club gives a s**t where we finish and how we perform. As for doing nothing, that is exactly why we are in this position now, because most will do nothing.

Shameful as it is the numbers who will protest is purely based on how we are doing on the pitch. When we started winning a few games after March the protests basically died. As for the Kroenke-chants, funny how they only started when we basically could no longer get fourth.

I sincerely wish anyone who wants to protest against the owner/manager next year the best of luck, but it will be without me as I am not going again until Wenger is gone.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:11 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Up The Gunners !!

To accept things as they are and do nothing, really will signal the death of the Club.
The club died when Wenger was given a new contract. It basically proves no one at the club gives a s**t where we finish and how we perform. As for doing nothing, that is exactly why we are in this position now, because most will do nothing.

Shameful as it is the numbers who will protest is purely based on how we are doing on the pitch. When we started winning a few games after March the protests basically died. As for the Kroenke-chants, funny how they only started when we basically could no longer get fourth.

I sincerely wish anyone who wants to protest against the owner/manager next year the best of luck, but it will be without me as I am not going again until Wenger is gone.
Jeeezuss Nick you've said it all in those few words...What I DO "know" is that when his new contract was announced/confirmed - For me personally - the club I have loved all through my life died inside me. I now psychologically and emotionally separate the Arsenal FC of Before the bowl and the Arsenal FC of now and wenger & wiggy, which is why as much as I know he did good for the club, team and fans in the first ten years of his tenure - he has wiped all that away utterly and completely and has been the driving force behind what it has now become - a soulless, mid to upper class entertainment venue and event for those who can afford the highest season tickets in Europe, where true and rel enthusiasm & fandom are discouraged and frowned upon, so that the atmosphere has become akin to a clinical, sterile thing and thereby contributes to a team and club with little or no chance of any real measure of success on the pitch, yet still enabling through non-football means to deliver high profits and keep the unconscious numb nuts (AKB's and Tourists) happy with the new and finely tuned Match Day Experience.

That is why I despise him, the owner and the board.

We all know how financial systems etc now rule and run the world with a greedy fuck off and die iron hand, but I somehow hoped beyond hope that my club might somehow escape the fate of all other sports institutions / businesses and not allow its soul to be wholly corrupted by greed and profit and see itself swallowed and changed irrevocably for the worst ...but it has been eaten up by the Financial Globalisation that now owns and runs EVERYTHING and Everyone's Lives and arsene wenger aided and abetted that knowingly and without a care for what I refer to as the True Spirit of Arsenal FC and the game of Football.

R.I.P THE Arsenal FC. :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Up The Gunners !!

Well done mate - its the only way. Whilst many on here will claim for all of us who don't go there's a queue building outside the stadium waiting to replace us......lets wait and see what that queue looks like with another two years of finishing 7th and being the new Everton. The corporate boxes will be going for half the price for Europa games and fickle corporate customers will soon take up the CL offering at the Scum or Chavski.

People need to see beyond the current demand for seats - look at the attendances for the last few league games when the season was dead? If all those ST holders gave up their seats and the list behind them dwindled as the team continued to regress, we would see more games not sold out than ever before. People can't believe that's true because of what we've become as a modern day CL for granted club.....but that is changing fast.

Some of us remember when 15000 people used to turn up for a League Cup game. Don't think it can't happen again......it certainly can

All the protesting in the world does nothing when you spend £62 per week. Stop going and watch the race down the table begin - the crowds will dry up, so will the cash and hopefully the wig wearing c.unt will get bored and fuck off somewhere else to ruin them

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:29 am
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Up The Gunners !!

Well done mate - its the only way. Whilst many on here will claim for all of us who don't go there's a queue building outside the stadium waiting to replace us......lets wait and see what that queue looks like with another two years of finishing 7th and being the new Everton. The corporate boxes will be going for half the price for Europa games and fickle corporate customers will soon take up the CL offering at the Scum or Chavski.

People need to see beyond the current demand for seats - look at the attendances for the last few league games when the season was dead? If all those ST holders gave up their seats and the list behind them dwindled as the team continued to regress, we would see more games not sold out than ever before. People can't believe that's true because of what we've become as a modern day CL for granted club.....but that is changing fast.

Some of us remember when 15000 people used to turn up for a League Cup game. Don't think it can't happen again......it certainly can

All the protesting in the world does nothing when you spend £62 per week. Stop going and watch the race down the table begin - the crowds will dry up, so will the cash and hopefully the wig wearing c.unt will get bored and fuck off somewhere else to ruin them
I can easily see crowds of below 30,000 for the Europa cup, league cup.
Gone are the days of 40,000 turning up for the youth cup (semi v mancs) Wilshere, J.E.T, etc our golden generation.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:38 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:

Gone are the days of 40,000 turning up for the youth cup (semi v mancs) Wilshere, J.E.T, etc our golden generation.
They are playing a dangerous game alienating their old school fans and targeting new customers.....these lot will not be loyal, supporting thick and thin through a lifetime of support

They won't go to away games and support the team, the hard core fan base will die...and these new customers will find a new home

The atmosphere will die as we are seeing already, and these fuckers will move on to the next big thing....they have not got the Arsenal in their blood...

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:00 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:38 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
NickF wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

They are playing a dangerous game alienating their old school fans and targeting new customers.....these lot will not be loyal, supporting thick and thin through a lifetime of support

They won't go to away games and support the team, the hard core fan base will die...and these new customers will find a new home

The atmosphere will die as we are seeing already, and these fuckers will move on to the next big thing....they have not got the Arsenal in their blood...
Its already happening -even with a ticket purchased many thousand find something better to do on a wet, windy night.

It's far too late to get my enthusiasm stoked again.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke has ignited calls for a boycott of his club after launching a bloodsports TV channel.

Calls to boycott Arsenal after owner Stan Kroenke launches 'sickening' blood sports TV channel showing hunters killing elephants and lions

what a fucking scum bag that Kronke is........

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:53 am
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke has ignited calls for a boycott of his club after launching a bloodsports TV channel.

Calls to boycott Arsenal after owner Stan Kroenke launches 'sickening' blood sports TV channel showing hunters killing elephants and lions

what a fucking scum bag that Kronke is........

Our passive sheep are brain dead zombies, but this could stir a protest, endangered species being slaughtered......

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

No protests will ever get rid of Wenger we might as well shut this down now

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

#May2025

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

how about this....
to get more fans...(like the total idiots who are still WENGER IN :lol: :banghead: ) to join PROTEST

no Wenger out signs.....no Kronke out signs...

just

#USMANOV IN :barscarf: bring placards and give out frre to who wants to hold them up in the stands

so even fucking TY would support it because its a POSITIVE ONLY message....(the fucking delusional king drinking DELUDINOL to stay + 24-7)

so USMANOV IN!!!!! :barscarf:

he made a bid last year...yes he might say he;s wenger in (for now) but i don't think he's a hapless fool that would sponsor shows for ILLEGAL animal hunting in Africa!!! :cussing: :evil: ....you would think Kronke could take that same money and feed some kids in Africa instead.

any way...A suggesting.....no negative signs....only ( TY endorsed ) positive messages!!!...lets make him bid & BID again ... he looks like he'll actually put his money where his mouth is!!! :box: :barscarf:
lets reverse psychology the mother fuckers!!!

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

#UsmanovIN Corporate restructuring needs no Transfer window

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:38 pm
Won't work - the AKB dummies still believe Ivan's bs about our self sustaining model and that we can become Bayern Munich, I bet half of them still wouldn't want Usmanov because they are stupid enough to believe somehow Kroenke is "more ethical".

Until the brainless AKB zombies "turn" :twisted: then we are going nowhere fast - moving sideways much like our style of play.

If there was a large scale movement against the wiggy w*nker then I'd be first in line but I suspect it would be much like the Wenger out protests - only a few hundred hardcore fans would bother, we are doomed unless Kroenke is greedy enough and accepts a bid from Usmanov/Dangote.

:banghead:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:38 pm
Not going to happen unless Usmanov gets off his arse and seriously tries to take this club over. Sitting there for the best part of 7 years and then putting in a suspicious bid does not cut it. He might not like it but he will need a mega-bid to shift Kroenke.