Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Babu wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote: Lateral thinking,but good thinking. :rubchin: :D
One problem is we need European football next season for this to work, and we are in free-fall at the moment.

NOT getting 4th place paradoxically would help the old fraud if he signs again, with no CL to distract from the League.
This Wenger problem has more twists and turns than a twisty,turny thing.
It's the stickiest problem since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
But I have a plan so cunning you could brush your teeth with it. :D
Last edited by Rugby Gooner on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Babu wrote:
One problem is we need European football next season for this to work, and we are in free-fall at the moment.

NOT getting 4th place paradoxically would help the old fraud if he signs again, with no CL to distract from the League.
Apparently we would need to fall as low as EIGHTH to miss out on the Europa League, as the place reserved for the FA Cup Winners will be taken by one of the sides in Champions' League places.

Not even Wenger could manage to cock the rest of the season up that royally......Europa is looking assured.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:This has to be a war of attrition also. Arsenal PLC love to post stuff on their Facebook page and Twitter account. This week it was about Bellerin's birthday and who would win the battle of Ox and Mustafi in Dortmund. For the latter there was three options, Ox win, Mustafi win or draw. I asked for a "fourth option -as fourth is always acceptable at our club " For Bellerin's birthday I asked the club to send their birthday wishes in Spanish as Barca or Real will be delighted to so so next year.
If there is any doubt to the actual depth of feeling towards the new contract ,the comments on these platforms will leave the club (if they care) that the majority are against.
Maybe a coordinated attack on the club's social media platforms would be a good idea, a uniformed reply to all their posts.

Until recently, I avoided all of Arsenal's social media stuff because is mostly shit propaganda but in the last few weeks, I've been all over their Facebook page writing sarky comments and taking the piss out of anything and everything they put up. I always end every post with Wenger out or No new Contract. It's becoming quite the game now and loads of others seem to be doing it too. I'd say that 80-90% of what is commented upon is critical of Wanker and the club. I'm all for a concerted push on their social media.
Me too, the comments now are predominantly Wenger out and very critical, very different to even a year ago. :barscarf:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Babu wrote:

[*]Apparently we would need to fall as low as EIGHTH to miss out on the Europa League, as the place reserved for the FA Cup Winners will be wwwtaken by one of the sides in Champions' League places.
[/img]
Not even Wenger could manage to cock the rest of the season up that royally......Europa is looking assured.

O great can't wait :( up the reds :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Babu wrote:

Apparently we would need to fall as low as EIGHTH to miss out on the Europa League, as the place reserved for the FA Cup Winners will be taken by one of the sides in Champions' League places.

Good attempt by losing to WBA I thought though :lol:

Babu

Post by Babu »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Babu wrote: One problem is we need European football next season for this to work, and we are in free-fall at the moment.

Cock, yes.
Man United have already qualified for the Europa League 3rd qualifying round, due to their League Cup Triumph.
They might even get CL qualification if they win the Europa League.
Cup Winners and 5th place in the Premier League go straight into the Group Stage of the Europa League.

So 7th is still Europa League.

Realistically we're fighting with Everton and West Brom for Europa League!

:barscarf: One Arsene Wenger... :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

silus wrote:Before the Norwich "time for change" protest last season, I posted that everyone who wanted change should get a ticket and get inside the stadium. There were loads of tickets available at cat c prices. Unfortunately, not enough people joined in and it back fired. In hindsight the watered down message didn't help, but I'm sure if it was just aimed at Wenger it would have still resulted in his name being sung, probably with even more gusto.
I know more people have come over to our side now, but I still believed last season the majority of people wanted him out....they just weren't in the poxy ground.
If something is happening in the ground against city, we need as many people inside as possible, or things could go against us again. I know a lot of people don't want to give the club money at the moment (fair enough), but surely it's worth paying for the right result (off the pitch).
There's plenty of tickets on the exchange.
I refuse to do category A games and have always boycotted since 2006.

Might protest though.

Going to get a ticket for West Ham though.
Hopefully the protests will be still ramped up for that one

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Babu wrote:

This Wenger problem has more twists and turns than a twisty,turny thing.
It's the stickiest problem since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
But I have a plan so cunning you could brush your teeth with it. :D
:lol: :lol:

Herd

!

Post by Herd »

Pires now asking the fans to Unite behind Wenger ,it makes me laugh when these people who have been handsomely rewarded by the Arsenal and owe their current Jobs to Wenger calling for support from the oi poloi fans .
Has John Cross or any of these twats ever met with a wenger outer and ask them why they want to see the back of him !

They would fins out that the fan base is tired,tired of ne4ver learning from mistakes tired of playing shit football tired of bieng taken for granted ,tired of being ripped off and tired of being cheated by lazy gutless players !

Im too tired to bother anymore but for those who want to really take this a step further you need to go to the next level.

Walking round the ground singing wenger out did its job but it will get boring real soon .
The films from around the world idea has legs reach out and find people and send them in edit and release !
You have to take it to the training ground so the players can see the level of discontent after all its them that is failing on the pitch.

He's decided to stay thats obvious so u either take it to the next level or is will fizzle out !

northbank123

Re: !

Post by northbank123 »

Herd wrote:Pires now asking the fans to Unite behind Wenger ,it makes me laugh when these people who have been handsomely rewarded by the Arsenal and owe their current Jobs to Wenger calling for support from the oi poloi fans .
Has John Cross or any of these twats ever met with a wenger outer and ask them why they want to see the back of him !

They would fins out that the fan base is tired,tired of ne4ver learning from mistakes tired of playing shit football tired of bieng taken for granted ,tired of being ripped off and tired of being cheated by lazy gutless players !

Im too tired to bother anymore but for those who want to really take this a step further you need to go to the next level.

Walking round the ground singing wenger out did its job but it will get boring real soon .
The films from around the world idea has legs reach out and find people and send them in edit and release !
You have to take it to the training ground so the players can see the level of discontent after all its them that is failing on the pitch.

He's decided to stay thats obvious so u either take it to the next level or is will fizzle out !

I might be wrong but I can't remember Vieira or DB10 ever coming out to fight his corner. Because they're the only ones carving out their own post-playing careers in football without relying on hand-outs. And know that he is a busted flush.

Just remembered Pires putting in that ludicrous Vieira tackle with the telescopic leg hooking the ball away from Vieira himself to set up the first goal against Juve in 2006.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Herd wrote:Pires now asking the fans to Unite behind Wenger ,it makes me laugh when these people who have been handsomely rewarded by the Arsenal and owe their current Jobs to Wenger calling for support from the oi poloi fans .

I might be wrong but I can't remember Vieira or DB10 ever coming out to fight his corner. Because they're the only ones carving out their own post-playing careers in football without relying on hand-outs. And know that he is a busted flush.

Just remembered Pires putting in that ludicrous Vieira tackle with the telescopic leg hooking the ball away from Vieira himself to set up the first goal against Juve in 2006.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ews-gossip

:wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Both Vierra and DB10 have issues with the lord Wenger but they keep it to themselves and only say nice things when quizzed. Both Know his limitations only too well though .

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

As I said when I kicked off the "Director of Football" thread, Pires is favourite to get that post. No prizes for guessing who will be in sole charge of deciding who to appoint, so is it any wonder Bobby is going into brown-nose mode.

There is a very clear divide between those from the halcyon days of early Wenger who seem unable to grasp that he could possibly have lost the plot and Arsenal legends who prececed him, such as McLintock, Smudger and Charlie Nick, who are far more easily able to see the damage he is doing to our club.

There are some exceptions, old boys who are still insiders such as dear old Bob Wilson who won't have a word said against Wenger and the guys who lead the legends tours who understandably keep their thoughts to themselves. But by and large, the pre-dinosaur legends are the ones to trust.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

mattyb wrote:
Sean wrote:I have passed on Xisstential's banner to Nick.

I've had a few suggestions, but they seem to be getting lost in the pile. Still no word either way on a Colney protest from any Hertfordshire based Gooners. We would need at least 20-30 there and they would need their own transport, as the training ground is over three miles from the nearest train station.

I hope the plane does fly at the weekend. The mobile billboard idea is great, 'In Wenger we rust' is great, perhaps with a 'Wenger Out' underneath and maybe a mention of the £8.3M per year he gets for his failure. Other side of the billboard could have all the humiliating results in the past decade or the bullshit quotes from TOF himself. The Gazidis quote is a must though. It sounds like the billboard is not digital, we need that clarified.

The look-alike would be a laugh, but I fear that anything more than a one-off would cheapen the protest. It seems likely we'll find out what TOF decides after West Brom, with the club finally putting some pressure on him, thanks to our vocal protests and resolve to force a decision; so the plane getting up there is very important. It's scandalous that they even offered him a new deal, let alone allow him to dither on it for months and ruin our season again. In the real world, you're lucky if you're allowed 24 hours thinking time to sign a contract.

It sounds like a protest at Wembley is now an option, with the draw against Citeh. I'll be up for that, if a march is called on.
Im about 30-40 mins drive away from colney and im up for meeting up for a demo outside the training ground...any other forum members up for this let me know. It would need to be after the international break and midweek ?...that means a day off work for those that are working....
Last edited by mattyb on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:

As I said when I kicked off the "Director of Football" thread, Pires is favourite to get that post. No prizes for guessing who will be in sole charge of deciding who to appoint, so is it any wonder Bobby is going into brown-nose mode.

There is a very clear divide between those from the halcyon days of early Wenger who seem unable to grasp that he could possibly have lost the plot and Arsenal legends who prececed him, such as McLintock, Smudger and Charlie Nick, who are far more easily able to see the damage he is doing to our club.

There are some exceptions, old boys who are still insiders such as dear old Bob Wilson who won't have a word said against Wenger and the guys who lead the legends tours who understandably keep their thoughts to themselves. But by and large, the pre-dinosaur legends are the ones to trust.
Not having a pop at you here Bob (as many people on here have posted the bit in red) but I fundamentally disagree with that. I believe it is not an issue whereby they are unable to see he has lost the plot, I honestly believe that generation of player still (mostly) love and respect the man they lived and worked with day in day out for years during the highlight of their careers. Many Gooners don't seem to understand that most of those players are not and never were Arsenal fans. They were employed by Arsenal and little more than that. Their loyalty is to the man that made them successful in their careers, not the club or us the supporters. They most likely still meet him quite often at various charity do's, functions, match days and media things, a few are probably still in contact with him on a personal friendship level.

The older players that never played under Wenger have no such loyalty/friendship issues - except for Bob Wilson who coached very successfully under Wenger for years.

I agree with your point about the older legends are probably the ones to trust - to a certain extent. But how many of them will cross the club? Maybe many of them are hoping to get on the lucrative tour schedule or an ambassador role - after all those guys from the 60's 70's and 80's came out of the game with a lot less money than the modern players do.