Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by NickF »

NickF wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:whats the situation with disrupting the match ?

Bayern Munich did it with their toilet rolls and a Turkish team did it recently at the Emirates too with flares.

is there a fine for that sort of thing or is there just more leniency for away supporters ?
BBC reckoned that the club (Bayern) will just cop a fine for failing to control their supporters.
Confirmed as 3,000 euro fine for Bayern and we got fined 5,000 euro for the guy that run on the pitch.
So there you have it, if you want to chuck stuff on the pitch it is a very small fine. :D

Bob Bayliss

Re: !

Post by Bob Bayliss »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Herd wrote:Pires now asking the fans to Unite behind Wenger ,it makes me laugh when these people who have been handsomely rewarded by the Arsenal and owe their current Jobs to Wenger calling for support from the oi poloi fans .
Has John Cross or any of these twats ever met with a wenger outer and ask them why they want to see the back of him !

They would fins out that the fan base is tired,tired of ne4ver learning from mistakes tired of playing shit football tired of bieng taken for granted ,tired of being ripped off and tired of being cheated by lazy gutless players !

Im too tired to bother anymore but for those who want to really take this a step further you need to go to the next level.

Walking round the ground singing wenger out did its job but it will get boring real soon .
The films from around the world idea has legs reach out and find people and send them in edit and release !
You have to take it to the training ground so the players can see the level of discontent after all its them that is failing on the pitch.

He's decided to stay thats obvious so u either take it to the next level or is will fizzle out !

As I said when I kicked off the "Director of Football" thread, Pires is favourite to get that post. No prizes for guessing who will be in sole charge of deciding who to appoint, so is it any wonder Bobby is going into brown-nose mode.

There is a very clear divide between those from the halcyon days of early Wenger who seem unable to grasp that he could possibly have lost the plot and Arsenal legends who prececed him, such as McLintock, Smudger and Charlie Nick, who are far more easily able to see the damage he is doing to our club.

There are some exceptions, old boys who are still insiders such as dear old Bob Wilson who won't have a word said against Wenger and the guys who lead the legends tours who understandably keep their thoughts to themselves. But by and large, the pre-dinosaur legends are the ones to trust.
Not having a pop at you here Bob (as many people on here have posted the bit in red) but I fundamentally disagree with that. I believe it is not an issue whereby they are unable to see he has lost the plot, I honestly believe that generation of player still (mostly) love and respect the man they lived and worked with day in day out for years during the highlight of their careers. Many Gooners don't seem to understand that most of those players are not and never were Arsenal fans. They were employed by Arsenal and little more than that. Their loyalty is to the man that made them successful in their careers, not the club or us the supporters. They most likely still meet him quite often at various charity do's, functions, match days and media things, a few are probably still in contact with him on a personal friendship level.

The older players that never played under Wenger have no such loyalty/friendship issues - except for Bob Wilson who coached very successfully under Wenger for years.

I agree with your point about the older legends are probably the ones to trust - to a certain extent. But how many of them will cross the club? Maybe many of them are hoping to get on the lucrative tour schedule or an ambassador role - after all those guys from the 60's 70's and 80's came out of the game with a lot less money than the modern players do.
I'm not sure we are that far apart re our analysis of the motives of the 98-06 Wengeristas in defending him. I don't for one moment doubt that they are motivated by love and affection for the man. While they certainly had great respect for him, I am not so sure that I understand that they would be unable to see that he has lost the plot, though. Quite apart from being great players, they are mostly strikingly intelligent people compared to some of the let's say more 'emotionally driven' people we had before (Wrighty etc). Surely they are able to understand that he has been declining for years and needs to be saved from himself. I wouldn't expect them to call him out publicly, but unless they are hoping to get on his gravy-train with a plum job I would have thought that the likes of Vieira, DB etc would care enough for him to tell him privately that he needs to go with dignity. Perhaps they are doing this, who knows, or perhaps love is blind.........

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Herd wrote:Pires now asking the fans to Unite behind Wenger ,it makes me laugh when these people who have been handsomely rewarded by the Arsenal and owe their current Jobs to Wenger calling for support from the oi poloi fans .
Has John Cross or any of these twats ever met with a wenger outer and ask them why they want to see the back of him !

They would fins out that the fan base is tired,tired of ne4ver learning from mistakes tired of playing shit football tired of bieng taken for granted ,tired of being ripped off and tired of being cheated by lazy gutless players !

Im too tired to bother anymore but for those who want to really take this a step further you need to go to the next level.

Walking round the ground singing wenger out did its job but it will get boring real soon .
The films from around the world idea has legs reach out and find people and send them in edit and release !
You have to take it to the training ground so the players can see the level of discontent after all its them that is failing on the pitch.

He's decided to stay thats obvious so u either take it to the next level or is will fizzle out !

As I said when I kicked off the "Director of Football" thread, Pires is favourite to get that post. No prizes for guessing who will be in sole charge of deciding who to appoint, so is it any wonder Bobby is going into brown-nose mode.

There is a very clear divide between those from the halcyon days of early Wenger who seem unable to grasp that he could possibly have lost the plot and Arsenal legends who prececed him, such as McLintock, Smudger and Charlie Nick, who are far more easily able to see the damage he is doing to our club.

There are some exceptions, old boys who are still insiders such as dear old Bob Wilson who won't have a word said against Wenger and the guys who lead the legends tours who understandably keep their thoughts to themselves. But by and large, the pre-dinosaur legends are the ones to trust.
Not having a pop at you here Bob (as many people on here have posted the bit in red) but I fundamentally disagree with that. I believe it is not an issue whereby they are unable to see he has lost the plot, I honestly believe that generation of player still (mostly) love and respect the man they lived and worked with day in day out for years during the highlight of their careers. Many Gooners don't seem to understand that most of those players are not and never were Arsenal fans. They were employed by Arsenal and little more than that. Their loyalty is to the man that made them successful in their careers, not the club or us the supporters. They most likely still meet him quite often at various charity do's, functions, match days and media things, a few are probably still in contact with him on a personal friendship level.

The older players that never played under Wenger have no such loyalty/friendship issues - except for Bob Wilson who coached very successfully under Wenger for years.

I agree with your point about the older legends are probably the ones to trust - to a certain extent. But how many of them will cross the club? Maybe many of them are hoping to get on the lucrative tour schedule or an ambassador role - after all those guys from the 60's 70's and 80's came out of the game with a lot less money than the modern players do.
I'm not sure we are that far apart re our analysis of the motives of the 98-06 Wengeristas in defending him. I don't for one moment doubt that they are motivated by love and affection for the man. While they certainly had great respect for him, I am not so sure that I understand that they would be unable to see that he has lost the plot, though. Quite apart from being great players, they are mostly strikingly intelligent people compared to some of the let's say more 'emotionally driven' people we had before (Wrighty etc). Surely they are able to understand that he has been declining for years and needs to be saved from himself. I wouldn't expect them to call him out publicly, but unless they are hoping to get on his gravy-train with a plum job I would have thought that the likes of Vieira, DB etc would care enough for him to tell him privately that he needs to go with dignity. Perhaps they are doing this, who knows, or perhaps love is blind.........
Interesting point that. Maybe they are, and his ego won't listen... or maybe as you say they are looking to hook up to the gravy train.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Trying to get one printed, but its copyrighted :oops: :evil:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:

Would have thought David Dein still talks regularly with Wenger and would be inclined to have enough savvy to let him know that Enough aS Enough and it is ( long overdue ) time to go.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Anybody on here ever been in club level?

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

armchair wrote:Anybody on here ever been in club level?
Yes once never again.

Full of tourists and people who have no interest in watching the game. Was told to sit down when "stand up for the Arsenal chant" was sung around the whole stadium by a steward.

Never again hate club level one of the reason our atmosphere is awful as it sucks the atmosphere out.

General

Post by General »

armchair wrote:Anybody on here ever been in club level?
I have.

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

This is ticket exchange for the West Ham game why aren't all the AKB taking the seats?

Empty seats only further the cause, I know the seats have already sold but it sends a message that people don't want to go!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Theoperator wrote:Trying to get one printed, but its copyrighted :oops: :evil:

Would be great if you could get it done. We could have 70 minute extract instead of "Yeast"

We have to get some smart banners out there...I think banners are real bang for our buck as they can be used over and over and they get huge coverage,

NickF

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:
Theoperator wrote:Trying to get one printed, but its copyrighted :oops: :evil:

Would be great if you could get it done. We could have 70 minute extract instead of "Yeast"

We have to get some smart banners out there...I think banners are real bang for our buck as they can be used over and over and they get huge coverage,
Your not wrong, every Arsenal story over the last month has had pictures of the banners. People at work who don't even like football have.been saying they've seen me in the papers!

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

AKB's planning their own banners, funny how apparently were all stupid for doing it then they copy us?

Practice what you preach.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I think this thread should be closed now and all communication done through pm.

We are giving the akbs the step ahead every time here.

I'm fucking raging there are still people backing this man over the club.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Would it be an idea to have a banner saying something like

"Back your club, not the manager"

It might dilute the main objective but something that will hopefully drill it into their thick skulls that no staff member is bigger than Arsenal Football Club

This is our club!

Post by This is our club! »

Afc5123 wrote:AKB's planning their own banners, funny how apparently were all stupid for doing it then they copy us?

Practice what you preach.
Please god when he goes these absolute cretins go with him!! The club is bigger than the parasite clinging on!!