Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Future

Post by NickF »

So basically your options are to either accept that this is what it is going to be like until someone makes Kroenke an offer he can't refuse or leave.
The majority will go for the first option as that is what they have always done. There will not be any protests in the ground of any note.

As for the tourist, they don't know what is happening to our club and care even less. All they care about is a day out, so they will still turn up.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Emirates will be less of a tourist destination in future though now we are out of the Champions League.

We will lose a lot of tourists to Spurs, especially as they will have a shiny new stadium. Then what happens if West Ham start improving?

By 2023 when Wenger will be coming towards the end of his next contract we will be probably 4th best in London - and all those other 3 will have stadiums as big as us.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Agree about the tourist 'issue', in 12 months time, if both clubs progress they way they are, who's going to want to come and watch a team in decline when they can go and watch the team that's obviously on the rise? As soon as their stadium opens they will take a lot of the floating crowd while their new ground is a novelty.

What can we do? Not a lot unfortunately, pains me to say it but you just simply have to admit defeat and do what the club want by lowering expectations because they sure as hell won't prove that wrong or try to, no point making yourself sick from rage, giving him the new deal has seen to that.

Only way to get Wenger out now is for Usmanov to take over, Stan to die, Wenger to die or for the protests to get really extreme and start hounding him at his own house to the point where he feels he has to walk away because it's getting out of control, that's never happening so there's not much that can be done apart from waiting for the next collapse and starting again but this time taking it into the ground a lot more than just doing it outside.

On the pitch, it's over, might as well just go (or dont) and just don't do your brain in hoping to win the league because it's not happening while the current regime are in place.
Last edited by Gunnersaurus on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Not only is the future bleak with Wenger in charge, but I actually see Kroenke leaching every last cent out of this club. The more quality managers coming into the league, will push our league position down, and it's inevitable that we will see another Abromovich type buying one of the lesser clubs, further pushing us into the shit. Combine that with Wenger's incompetence, and I see us sliding closer to mid-table, than the title. Maybe then, when that *word censored* Kroenke isn't making as much money, then he might fuck off.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Usmanov will sell up and do that with Everton, the signs are already there.

Almunia is a clown

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by Almunia is a clown »

ManU fans moan about the Glazers taking over a decade ago but Ferguson made sure they spent money on building teams that could still win league titles until he retired. Even Moyes & LVG got large amounts of dosh to spend since & Mourino is still getting big transfer funds.

Wenger won't demand money from Kroenke in the same way as Ferguson did, Wenger must know his playing squads over the last decade have not been good enough to win a title yet he refuses to spend the money needed on top class players & wastes it on overpriced junk.

Doesn't matter how much you give Wenger, he won't buy top class stars, he is the only star at the Arsene FC & gets paid the most. :barscarf:

If the club offer Sanchez 300K per week, which they are much too fécking tight to pay, you can guarantee Wenger would get the same! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The club has been sinking into the abyss since moving stadiums, a serious challenge for the league title won't ever happen under Wenger & Kroenke, even last season when our supposed rivals all failed to challenge, Wenger couldn't even give Leicester a battle FFS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

NickF

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by NickF »

Almunia is a clown wrote:ManU fans moan about the Glazers taking over a decade ago but Ferguson made sure they spent money on building teams that could still win league titles until he retired. Even Moyes & LVG got large amounts of dosh to spend since & Mourino is still getting big transfer funds.

Wenger won't demand money from Kroenke in the same way as Ferguson did, Wenger must know his playing squads over the last decade have not been good enough to win a title yet he refuses to spend the money needed on top class players & wastes it on overpriced junk.

Doesn't matter how much you give Wenger, he won't buy top class stars, he is the only star at the Arsene FC & gets paid the most. :barscarf:

If the club offer Sanchez 300K per week, which they are much too fécking tight to pay, you can guarantee Wenger would get the same! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The club has been sinking into the abyss since moving stadiums, a serious challenge for the league title won't ever happen under Wenger & Kroenke, even last season when our supposed rivals all failed to challenge, Wenger couldn't even give Leicester a battle FFS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
He wastes all the money given to him, even he says, "we have a very heavy squad at the moment so maybe we might lose some players".
The reason it is heavy is because he paying shit players, stupid wages, although I'm sure he'll find someone else to blame for that.
Lets face it, any players we "lose" aren't likely to be the shit ones unless they are out of contract.

While we are buying a £7m youngster from Belgium league, Aubameyang is rumoured to be moving for 60m.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

JimmyAFC wrote:I'm worried about the future of our great club. Well it was great, until Kroenke, Gazidis and the leech Wenger decided to stamp their imprimatur on the club.

Where are we going? What are our ambitions? We all know Kroenke is in it for the money so how can we as supporters get this bloke out? I feel helpless at the moment.

People from lower league clubs think we're entitled supporters and we should be more grateful. Give me a break. This club was on par with Barcelona in 2006 and they went one way and we went the other. We should be well and truly up there with the best in the world.

Personally, I think Gazidis wants Wenger gone and he has put out rubbish to the media because he has to. Kroenke makes the final decision at the end of the day.

We all know about Wenger's lies and his complete rubbish to appease and unfortunately brainwash heaps of our support base.

Question is, where do we go from here? What can we do so that Kroenke sells his shares? What needs to be done?

Only serious way is by boycotting but the problem is for a lot of people (like me) is the love for the club and not wanting to hand it down to tourists.

I'm depressed about our great club at the moment and it truly saddens me...so out of touch with this club right now it's sickening.
I've merged this with the Wenger Out protest thread as it says nothing new or different. Lads, can you please have a look at the existing threads before starting a new one on a topic that's already well catered for?

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

Gunner Rob wrote:The Emirates will be less of a tourist destination in future though now we are out of the Champions League.

We will lose a lot of tourists to Spurs, especially as they will have a shiny new stadium. Then what happens if West Ham start improving?

By 2023 when Wenger will be coming towards the end of his next contract we will be probably 4th best in London - and all those other 3 will have stadiums as big as us.
I can accept that THFC are going to be challenging for tourist seats, but let's not get carried away and pretend that west ham are ever going to be challenging in the League, or that their 'Stadium' will in any way attract tourists for a day out.

Chelsea - yes. They're ahead of us now, and their new Stadium will be very nice.

THFC - we're still ahead of them, but their Stadium is well on the way, and will be better than the Emirates. They still have to remain competitive though, and it's a grim area for tourists/anyone actually.

West Ham - finished 30 ( THIRTY ) points behind us in PL, worst ground in London, No History...in fact no past, no present either, and certainly no future! No, no, west ham are NOT our rivals, never have been, never will be, especially now they're in that new ground.

I hope! :cry:

Rugby Gooner

Why are we tolerating this Bullshit?

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Wenger signed another 2 year deal,putting another £16 million+ in his sky rocket,on the premise that things were going to change,he was going to keep our important players,and spend big to set up the club for a proper title challenge.
So,where are we?
Apparently Sanchez is offski to Citeh,.....and Wenger is pushing to buy a £10m midfielder,(Golovin),and a 17 and 18 year old from Sunderland,a relegated team. :twisted:
These c.unts are treating US with total contempt,and are probably so happy they can hardly count. :banghead:
WE need to get these fuckers out of our club.

Eboue-Why?

Re: Why are we tolerating this Bullshit?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I don't normally poke my nose in but surely we don't need another thread?!!!!! :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Other than not going to games and not spending money on the club what can you do?, some people feel obliged to go, I don't criticise them I just don't understand them, Arsenal FC is dead we are basically an American franchise run by a French looney, that is how I see it now anyway, but if people just want to turn up, pay their money and grumble quietly well you know where the club is going and it's not "the next level" (unless that is the next level down).

:roll:

I just hope next season when we are likely festering in 6th and our luck finally runs out in the FA cup people will really turn on the hierarchy of the club properly, then again knowing Wenger he'll get a load of flukey draws in the Europa and win that thereby getting back in the CL, which will be celebrated as "a success" and so the cycle of bs continues...

:roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:40 pm
Wenger signed another 2 year deal,putting another £16 million+ in his sky rocket,on the premise that things were going to change,he was going to keep our important players,and spend big to set up the club for a proper title challenge.
So,where are we?
Apparently Sanchez is offski to Citeh,.....and Wenger is pushing to buy a £10m midfielder,(Golovin),and a 17 and 18 year old from Sunderland,a relegated team. :twisted:
These c.unts are treating US with total contempt,and are probably so happy they can hardly count. :banghead:
Sorry mate, already well covered so merging it with the Wenger protest thread. :wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:54 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
So,where are we?
Sorry mate, already well covered so merging it with the Wenger protest thread. :wink:
No probs mate,agreed,I should have posted it in this thread,but I was raging! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:54 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
So,where are we?
No probs mate,agreed,I should have posted it in this thread,but I was raging! :D

No need to explain RG mate - We all Totally Understand.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: