Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nick Bendtners Ego

Re: Wenger Out protest, Tuesday 7th March.

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

Herd wrote:
I take your point mate but we've all be guilty of moaning on here for ages whilst doing nothing else.
Surely we've got to try haven't we ??
Yes I fully understand fella !
Many years ago I was on here saying of u feel that strongly get out there and protest rather than moan on here .
I laud your passion mines gone and I have to declare that I dont like disharmony on washing out dirty linen in public but thats me!
I guess I have no spine ,but I dont want to see him hounded out,for all the bad I want him to be able to leave with dignity but I realise this is the road he has forced people down.
Admire your sentiments about the old codger mate. Can understand your stance and even now I sometimes scratch my head wondering how it has all come to this.

A good few years ago my Mum, rest her soul , was talking football and Wenger in particular to me. She said " ......you know he's going to be gone some day don't you know, what are you going to do then"? ,lamenting his eventful departure and a sad footballing experience for us all. Obviously this was not today or yesterday but the irony of it all that here I am today, wishing him the hell away and not only can't get shot of him but actually having to march to try get rid of the bugger!

I gave up on him circa 2012 but when we beat Hull in the cup I was happy for him, he looked like a younger man in the immediate aftermath. Watching him being given the bumps where with his gangling awkward stature, he seemed child like and at that moment,even the most hard nosed WOB would not have begrudged a half smile and a bit of happiness for him. For too long it had seemed unlikely that he would ever win a trophy again but by hook, crook and luck it happened. Just for a while it felt like I/we had gone back in time a little when his arrogantness/ego/failings were not feeding our anger. However those feelings soon returned after that Summer. And January, February's March's since that. And so here we are today,fighting fellow fans and our own mixed feelings. Me, I'm angry at the man that he did not walk away at the many turn off's along the road. He had the perfect opportunity to do so after Hull or Villa but continued to do so and drive out of control ever since. For a lot of us, this season has to be that Cul de sac.

I have never cu.nted the man off but with every new season, I get closer. On here in the past I have argued that he deserved more than that despite his failings and was crossing a line with that description. I don't and can't hate the fella that some people allude to. I can't. He gave us memories, moments and milestones that we will never see the like of again. But I'm angry that he continues to sully the aforementioned and won't do best for club (Not Kronke but AFC) and fans and depart the club with dignity. More than likely his mortal demise will come before mine and I truly will be sad and I wonder how his passing will be greeted. With grievance by most fans, even fans still with grievance I suspect, hopefully some the anger that the man has some how managed to sweep through the club will have abated by then

This unfortunately is the road he has forced people down.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

It would have been nicer if he didn't have to be hounded out-of-the-way club..I agree with Bendtnar when he says that a lot could have been forgiven ifhe had walked away with the FA Cup in 2014. Not forgotten but if fans felt Wenger had only hung on for one last trophy then I think we wouldn't have begrudge it to him.as it had the double effect of us winning the Cup and him leaving. Win win you could say.
I fully support the protest on March 7th, I'm not sure how effective it will be given the apathy already surrounding the fixture. But as stated we have to do something because doing nothing isn't an option anymore.
Never wanted Arsenal to lose a game, but in the case if the Bayern game I want no redeeming points for Arsenal..No heroic failure or moral victory.. Our defeat and exit from Europe has to be comprehensive and damning. Anything else will be spun as a hard luck story.
No one would have initially wanted Wenger hounded out, but if he or the board had acted properly anytime after 2008 we wouldn't have reached this point. But we have reached this point, and Wenger's comments pre Sutton have proven he is not going to move on then the campaign must be stepped up.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Can't do any midweek unfortunately but if there's a follow up to this for a weekend game I'll be there with bells on. Massive kudos to all involved, I hope it's a roaring success. :barscarf:

bobbybigb

Post by bobbybigb »

Have passed my ticket for this match to another family member. However i will now travel to game with them (4 family season ticket holders) and walk the walk with them and the rest of The Arsenal family.
Sick to death of this sad situation and how it has been allowed come to this but as a proud fan and regular match goer since 1967 ( gulp ) I have had enough.
I have during that time seen some crap Arsenal sides alongside some brilliant ones ,i can accept us being beaten but i cannot accept lack of fight or passion for the shirt .
Please keep this protest non violent and the language strong but not foul as that will only play into the hands of the media and those who do not want change.

Wenger Out

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Top man Bobby !!! Totally agree with your sentiments about 100% non violent and lets not resort to foul language - that'll just make it easier for people to sneer at us.

Hopefully I'll see you outside the old East Stand just before 6pm.

Send me a PM if you want any more details.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Come on Lads - all we've got to do is turn up and make some noise. Something that we've all been doing for years.

What we're trying to do isnt difficult at all and it's something that we've all wanted for years. It'll only take a couple of hundred of us to get nationwide and possibly world wide coverage. Let's use the modern media to our advantage for once. But - we're in danger of defeating ourselves if there's too much doubt amongst us.

The Club cannot stop us walking together from Highbury to the new stadium and it's totally up to us how much noise we make on the way.

If we keep putting it off it'll never happen.
Love the symbolism of setting of from Highbury.

it wont matter if there are only 50 at the first one - from tiny acorns, mighty oaks grow.

The next one there may be 100, then 200, then 500 etc.

Do agree that a one off, is not going to do it, it needs a sustained campaign each home match to hammer the message home no new contract Wenker Out.

I don't attend matches (haven't for about 5 seasons) and cant do evening matches, but would travel the 70+ miles to take part on a Saturday
:barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

It's not just Wenger folks, it's the whole fucking club, it is rotten to the core!
Do I recognise this club? no I bloody well do not, but I will let you into another secret most clubs have changed...

Arsenal is like the Grand Lodge of England, full of signs and mystique but you are never invited in to witness the inner workings....
Wenger has followed this trait verse line and fucking chapter, I have no sympathy for the old dog, the sooner he is put out of the 10 year MISERERE he alone has created and put us through, the quicker we can move on...
If the Board do not get rid of him then I would dearly lead a Sack the Board demo....

mzk90

Post by mzk90 »

northbank123 wrote:Sounds like an excellent idea. Needs to be solely focused on Wenger and not watered down moaning about Kroenke or any other issues like ticket prices.

Shame that Black Scarf Movement claim to represent the fans but decided a long time ago not to have a view on by far the biggest issue facing the club
Bit harsh that on BSM, difficult to have a fans group that is about getting rid of the manager, as it's very subjective and a lot of our fans have spent last year flip flopping between in and out and apathy is endemic at the club.

Anyway, I like the idea of the protest and will come along even though I've got rid of my ticket and will try to get others to come along as well. I can use the BSM twitter account to publicise it to their followers and try to get as much publicity for it as possible. But only if that's what you want?

GTG

Post by GTG »

Excellent work in arranging this guys. Really am glad to see something finally get off the ground. Theres no chance of me being able to get to London midweek but I will be at anfield on the Saturday before when hopefully some in ground protests can start and maybe warm up to what you boys are doing.

UTA

armchair

Post by armchair »

mzk90 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Sounds like an excellent idea. Needs to be solely focused on Wenger and not watered down moaning about Kroenke or any other issues like ticket prices.

Shame that Black Scarf Movement claim to represent the fans but decided a long time ago not to have a view on by far the biggest issue facing the club
Bit harsh that on BSM, difficult to have a fans group that is about getting rid of the manager, as it's very subjective and a lot of our fans have spent last year flip flopping between in and out and apathy is endemic at the club.

Anyway, I like the idea of the protest and will come along even though I've got rid of my ticket and will try to get others to come along as well. I can use the BSM twitter account to publicise it to their followers and try to get as much publicity for it as possible. But only if that's what you want?
Yes mate. People need to know about it otherwise no-one will turn up

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Come on Lads - all we've got to do is turn up and make some noise. Something that we've all been doing for years.

What we're trying to do isnt difficult at all and it's something that we've all wanted for years. It'll only take a couple of hundred of us to get nationwide and possibly world wide coverage. Let's use the modern media to our advantage for once. But - we're in danger of defeating ourselves if there's too much doubt amongst us.

The Club cannot stop us walking together from Highbury to the new stadium and it's totally up to us how much noise we make on the way.

it wont matter if there are only 50 at the first one - from tiny acorns, mighty oaks grow.

Do agree that a one off, is not going to do it, it needs a sustained campaign each home match to hammer the message home no new contract Wenker Out.

I don't attend matches (haven't for about 5 seasons) and cant do evening matches, but would travel the 170+ miles to take part on a Saturday
Agree 100%

Me Too!

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

mzk90 wrote:

It'll be good to see you there mate. I'm not going to the match either, just the protest.

Bring as many like minded people as you can - our best (perhaps only) chance of getting something started is for a decent, noisy turnout.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Nick Bendtners Ego wrote:
Herd wrote:
I take your point mate but we've all be guilty of moaning on here for ages whilst doing nothing else.
Surely we've got to try haven't we ??
Yes I fully understand fella !
Many years ago I was on here saying of u feel that strongly get out there and protest rather than moan on here .
I laud your passion mines gone and I have to declare that I dont like disharmony on washing out dirty linen in public but thats me!
I guess I have no spine ,but I dont want to see him hounded out,for all the bad I want him to be able to leave with dignity but I realise this is the road he has forced people down.
Admire your sentiments about the old codger mate. Can understand your stance and even now I sometimes scratch my head wondering how it has all come to this.

A good few years ago my Mum, rest her soul , was talking football and Wenger in particular to me. She said " ......you know he's going to be gone some day don't you know, what are you going to do then"? ,lamenting his eventful departure and a sad footballing experience for us all. Obviously this was not today or yesterday but the irony of it all that here I am today, wishing him the hell away and not only can't get shot of him but actually having to march to try get rid of the bugger!

I gave up on him circa 2012 but when we beat Hull in the cup I was happy for him, he looked like a younger man in the immediate aftermath. Watching him being given the bumps where with his gangling awkward stature, he seemed child like and at that moment,even the most hard nosed WOB would not have begrudged a half smile and a bit of happiness for him. For too long it had seemed unlikely that he would ever win a trophy again but by hook, crook and luck it happened. Just for a while it felt like I/we had gone back in time a little when his arrogantness/ego/failings were not feeding our anger. However those feelings soon returned after that Summer. And January, February's March's since that. And so here we are today,fighting fellow fans and our own mixed feelings. Me, I'm angry at the man that he did not walk away at the many turn off's along the road. He had the perfect opportunity to do so after Hull or Villa but continued to do so and drive out of control ever since. For a lot of us, this season has to be that Cul de sac.

I have never cu.nted the man off but with every new season, I get closer. On here in the past I have argued that he deserved more than that despite his failings and was crossing a line with that description. I don't and can't hate the fella that some people allude to. I can't. He gave us memories, moments and milestones that we will never see the like of again. But I'm angry that he continues to sully the aforementioned and won't do best for club (Not Kronke but AFC) and fans and depart the club with dignity. More than likely his mortal demise will come before mine and I truly will be sad and I wonder how his passing will be greeted. With grievance by most fans, even fans still with grievance I suspect, hopefully some the anger that the man has some how managed to sweep through the club will have abated by then

This unfortunately is the road he has forced people down.
That's a great post mate,and I am sort of ashamed I'm so full of hatred against a 67 year old man,I was brought up to respect my elders but Wenger seems to be bringing it on himself,maybe once he does walk I may remember things a lot differently about him,maybe happier times but as of now I cant help but feel anger towards him,and he has done quite a lot for the club,whether good or bad,I still want him gone,I think it will take a while for some Arsenal fans to forgive his last 5 years here,I agree he should have gone after the FA Cup wins and happier times

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I don't attend matches (haven't for about 5 seasons) and cant do evening matches, but would travel the 70+ miles to take part on a Saturday
***** with the proviso that I don't end up next to onebard ******

:wink: :barscarf:

Agree 100%

Me Too!

Pete on the beach

Post by Pete on the beach »

mzk90 wrote:My mates and I and a good few others that I know, who would all take part, have binned off our tix for Bayern game, so may be hard to get bods to turn out. Maybe the Lincoln game would be a better choice for any demo, especially as it should be cat c and affordable enough to demo outside and leave seat empty inside.
Do both Bayern and Lincoln ?