Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Pete on the beach

Re: Wenger Out protest, Tuesday 7th March.

Post by Pete on the beach »

Some great points here

I am planning to be with you on the 7th, the only slight rider might be if southern call a rail strike on that day as I live in Brighton ( even Thameslink should run though) but if I can be confident of getting too and from north London I will be outside the east stand at 6 pm

Couple of things to add , some chants should say " no new contract" to emphasis were not all specifically wanting to sack the manager just not sign a new contract , which although amounts to effectively the same thing, might hold sway more with the silent majority who want him gone but find it hard calling for it , but as others have said being subtle doesn't work , but obviously no abuse that will turn waverers away. Another good slogan would be " it's not just about trophies but repeated failures".

On a more vital note as this game is a dead rubber , more fans with' tickets - who want change or are waverers - should be encouraged to stay out of the ground for the first 10 mins or so to really notice on TV when the teams come out and embarrass the clubv. The first leg result gives us a golden opportunity for this as for once the argument about it affecting the players really doesn't matter.

This game of course will be noticed all over the world , perhaps a flyer requesting this?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Guys as said before unfortunately i wont be able to attend a midweek protest but i'd like to emphasise a few points:

1) The message has to be loud and clear and on one point only 'No new contract for Wenger' absolutely nothing else, part of the problem with the time for change protest last year it was too diluted, it wasn't really clear what was being protested about so the media and others managed to make a mockery of it because noone was really sure what the protest was about

2) I know some people are reluctant to protest directly about Wenger because as we can all admit he did give us some wonderful memories and some feel directing things at him is disrespectful. Well to be honest for a good few years now he has been totally disrespectful to the fans, just as a reminder for those feeling reluctant, he was the only premier league manager to comment positively on high ticket prices, he has constantly ignored fan feelings on popular players any time we fans have shown support or dissent about players he has done the exact opposite of what fans wanted, he has blamed the fans on numerous occasions for bad performances or poor atmosphere, he has allowed us to suffer through torrid performances with next to no attempt to change things on the pitch and finally has presided over some of the most humiliating defeats in our history in recent years.

3) If the fan groups are going to join in they cannot be allowed to take control, they have their own agendas and again in my opinion some of them are far too close to the club and unfortunately this causes a conflict of interest in any protest.

4) Finally ensure that any protest is kept as clean and friendly as possible, do not give anyone the chance to change the narrative or sideline the protests message due to violence or anything else. As mentioned above, keep a few trustworthy people will mobiles handy to record things so if anything does go wrong you are able to produce evidence that it was a peaceful protest and any trouble was caused by others, and as we cannot be sure how the media will depict the protest make sure those videos are put out on social media as soon as possible just to cover your arses!

Good luck to you all :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

WENGER OUT!!

mzk90

Post by mzk90 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Guys as said before unfortunately i wont be able to attend a midweek protest but i'd like to emphasise a few points:

3) If the fan groups are going to join in they cannot be allowed to take control, they have their own agendas and again in my opinion some of them are far too close to the club and unfortunately this causes a conflict of interest in any protest.

WENGER OUT!!
Can pretty much assure you that the BSM are not close to club at all and have no agenda.

armchair

Post by armchair »

mzk90 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:Guys as said before unfortunately i wont be able to attend a midweek protest but i'd like to emphasise a few points:

WENGER OUT!!
Can pretty much assure you that the BSM are not close to club at all and have no agenda.
Well we certaintly do have an agenda. And its getting rid of Wenger.
BSM got into bed with RA and signed up to that "protest" last season. They stole the message of Time For Change and watered it down rendering it totally meaningless. Pretty much fucked the work that some had been doing up to that point.

They have eyes. They can see Wenger must go. So its about time they grew a pair, got an agenda and helped us achieve that.
Their silence is fucking deafening.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Come on Lads - all we've got to do is turn up and make some noise. Something that we've all been doing for years.

What we're trying to do isnt difficult at all and it's something that we've all wanted for years. It'll only take a couple of hundred of us to get nationwide and possibly world wide coverage. Let's use the modern media to our advantage for once. But - we're in danger of defeating ourselves if there's too much doubt amongst us.

The Club cannot stop us walking together from Highbury to the new stadium and it's totally up to us how much noise we make on the way.

If we keep putting it off it'll never happen.
Love the symbolism of setting of from Highbury.

it wont matter if there are only 50 at the first one - from tiny acorns, mighty oaks grow.

The next one there may be 100, then 200, then 500 etc.

Do agree that a one off, is not going to do it, it needs a sustained campaign each home match to hammer the message home no new contract Wenker Out.

I don't attend matches (haven't for about 5 seasons) and cant do evening matches, but would travel the 70+ miles to take part on a Saturday
:barscarf:
***** with the proviso that I don't end up next to onebard ******

:wink: :barscarf:

Agree 100%

Me Too!
Only coz I'm Taller than you - Yer Ewok!

:lol: :wink: :barscarf:

#WENGER OUT !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Come on Lads - all we've got to do is turn up and make some noise. Something that we've all been doing for years.

What we're trying to do isnt difficult at all and it's something that we've all wanted for years. It'll only take a couple of hundred of us to get nationwide and possibly world wide coverage. Let's use the modern media to our advantage for once. But - we're in danger of defeating ourselves if there's too much doubt amongst us.

The Club cannot stop us walking together from Highbury to the new stadium and it's totally up to us how much noise we make on the way.

If we keep putting it off it'll never happen.

it wont matter if there are only 50 at the first one - from tiny acorns, mighty oaks grow.

Do agree that a one off, is not going to do it, it needs a sustained campaign each home match to hammer the message home no new contract Wenker Out.

I don't attend matches (haven't for about 5 seasons) and cant do evening matches, but would travel the 70+ miles to take part on a Saturday

Agree 100%

Me Too!

#WENGER OUT !
Hey don't include me in the munchkin club,I'm a lofty 5"9 !

Sean

Post by Sean »

As promised in the other thread, I will be attending the march :barscarf:

Shame there's no BBQ at The Gunners though :lol:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Those that want Wenger gone but won't protest or make their opinions known in the real world & not just on the internet, will be assumed by the club & manager to be supporters of a new contract being signed. :banghead:

That is how much respect the club will give your opinion. :twisted:

If you want Wenger Out you have to let them know & that means protesting! :barscarf:

Get on the protest march, make your feelings known at the games, even better with banners & placards.

If you can't make it, write a letter to the club objecting to the new contract, it will take you five minutes.

By doing nothing the club & the media will claim you want Wenger to stay as manager of Arsenal FC! :cussing:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Almunia is a clown wrote:Those that want Wenger gone but won't protest or make their opinions known in the real world & not just on the internet, will be assumed by the club & manager to be supporters of a new contract being signed. :banghead:

If you want Wenger Out you have to let them know & that means protesting! :barscarf:

Get on the protest march, make your feelings known at the games, even better with banners & placards.

If you can't make it, write a letter to the club objecting to the new contract, it will take you five minutes.

By doing nothing the club & the media will claim you want Wenger to stay as manager of Arsenal FC! :cussing:

Spot on - it is going to be a bit of hassle me getting up there that evening (I dont even have a ticket for the match) but I will be there.
There does need to be at least several hundred though, because otherwise I am afraid it will be fairly pointless

Herd

Post by Herd »

Almunia is a clown wrote:Those that want Wenger gone but won't protest or make their opinions known in the real world & not just on the internet, will be assumed by the club & manager to be supporters of a new contract being signed. :banghead:
A tad patronising, however the club will not give a shit about your protest either . the contempt the board shows shareholders at the AGM will tell you all you need to know about their attitude towards the fans .

ten20

Post by ten20 »

I'm working in the Midlands right now but have just booked the day off and will be there along with 4 mates.

This is last chance saloon. Please everyone keep spreading the word to as many people as you can.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

ten20 wrote:I'm working in the Midlands right now but have just booked the day off and will be there along with 4 mates.

This is last chance saloon. Please everyone keep spreading the word to as many people as you can.

Top man. There should definitely be a trophy for dedication to the cause beyond the call of duty.....a virtual one of course.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Agree 100%

Me Too!

#WENGER OUT !
Hey don't include me in the munchkin club,I'm a lofty 4' 6"!

"IT'S OFFICIAL STUARTL IS THE SMALLEST EWOK ON THE FORUM!!!"

But as long as he wants #WENGER OUT! - He can come along to the protests as long as he brings his step ladder and ickle banner :lol: :wink:

StanleyIpkiss

Post by StanleyIpkiss »

The club was founded in 2005 by disaffected supporters of Manchester United.[2] Although fans had various reasons for dissatisfaction,[3][4] the catalyst for F.C. United's formation was the 12 May 2005 takeover of Manchester United by American businessman Malcolm Glazer.[5][6] Supporters first considered forming a breakaway club in 1998 during an attempted takeover of Manchester United by BSkyB.[7] The creation of F.C. United in the event of a Glazer buyout was first proposed in February 2005 by Manchester United fanzine Red Issue.[4][7]

If Wenger signs on, the club is doomed. Protest is something I agree with but deep down, I don't know how much difference it will make, particularly when a lot of the paying tickets fans support this awful regime. It's worth a try for sure, it might work and if u don't try you will never have known. I will look to come down for sure and support this.

This is just a thought, a contingency if Wenger signs on as I can't bare it if he does: I know it's long term, but to really give two fingers up to Kroenke/Wenger and the board that are happy to shit on us, setting up a Gooner FC would be something I could support. I can't stand the club right now, and I have no passion for no other club. I've tried, but my passion is Arsenal. It is painful now that I actually watch and want Arsene FC to lose games.

FC United are just 1 league away from the conference (lincoln/sutton) and so that's two leagues away from League 2. The amount of Arsenal fans there are, it wouldn't take long. And unlike Man Utd, I can't see Kroenke having the ambition the Glazers have. Look at AFC Wimbledon too, they are in League 1. Two from the Premier League...I think there are at least as many disgruntled Arsenal fans as there are old school Wimbledon fans.

Reason I say this, is I feel Wenger will stay on. The club don't care about football. Even if he does or doesn't, Kroenke has won 2 trophies in 30 years across 6 Franchises, 1 was in 1990s and the other was the womens lacrosse. We are just cash cows for him. If the Gooner for example suggested something I reckon it could take off.

A fan owned club, with members making the decisions is the future of football for the proper fan imo, and will put the others out of business if people have the patience. What use are these owners to the club? they are just parasites. They offer nothing, particularly these yanks ones. Just look at Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern, all fan owned. Just a thought.

StanleyIpkiss

Post by StanleyIpkiss »

StanleyIpkiss wrote:The club was founded in 2005 by disaffected supporters of Manchester United.[2] Although fans had various reasons for dissatisfaction,[3][4] the catalyst for F.C. United's formation was the 12 May 2005 takeover of Manchester United by American businessman Malcolm Glazer.[5][6] Supporters first considered forming a breakaway club in 1998 during an attempted takeover of Manchester United by BSkyB.[7] The creation of F.C. United in the event of a Glazer buyout was first proposed in February 2005 by Manchester United fanzine Red Issue.[4][7]

If Wenger signs on, the club is doomed. Protest is something I agree with but deep down, I don't know how much difference it will make, particularly when a lot of the paying tickets fans support this awful regime. It's worth a try for sure, it might work and if u don't try you will never have known. I will look to come down for sure and support this.

This is just a thought, a contingency if Wenger signs on as I can't bare it if he does: I know it's long term, but to really give two fingers up to Kroenke/Wenger and the board that are happy to shit on us, setting up a Gooner FC would be something I could support. I can't stand the club right now, and I have no passion for no other club. I've tried, but my passion is Arsenal. It is painful now that I actually watch and want Arsene FC to lose games.

FC United are just 1 league away from the conference (lincoln/sutton) and so that's two leagues away from League 2. The amount of Arsenal fans there are, it wouldn't take long. And unlike Man Utd, I can't see Kroenke having the ambition the Glazers have. Look at AFC Wimbledon too, they are in League 1. Two from the Premier League...I think there are at least as many disgruntled Arsenal fans as there are old school Wimbledon fans.

Reason I say this, is I feel Wenger will stay on. The club don't care about football. Even if he does or doesn't, Kroenke has won 2 trophies in 30 years across 6 Franchises, 1 was in 1990s and the other was the womens lacrosse. We are just cash cows for him. If the Gooner for example suggested something I reckon it could take off.

A fan owned club, with members making the decisions is the future of football for the proper fan imo, and will put the others out of business if people have the patience. What use are these owners to the club? they are just parasites. They offer nothing, particularly these yanks ones. Just look at Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern, all fan owned. Just a thought.
Who knows, one day a modern version of highbury could be built. We can dream!