Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by NickF »

silus wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Speculation on twitter that the 2ND plane was paid for by a company called Jardine Matheson who Allegedly are run by Sir Chips Keswick family.Now I say allegedly .

PS ,not sure if I'm allowed post the above ,if it breaks forum rules in any way ,mods please delete.
It's all over twitter. Hopefully someone in the mainstream media will have the balls to print it. It could be a massive own goal by the club if true. Sir chips fuckwit won't like having to comment on it, very embarrassing for him.
If it's on Twitter it must be true. :roll:

Truth is, it is probably just wishful thinking that the club organised it.
Whoever did it was external from the fans as there were no pro-Wenger banners or chants to back it up.

Also just like to say well done to the guys for their hard work in getting the plane flying when it was looking hopeless on Friday.
You guys really deserve a lot of credit.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Express running with the story that he will now stay on for one more year rather than two

He's going nowhere lads - one year is all that the club probably feel the fans will accept, so when we have a half decent run next year expect to see it upped to 2 years

At no point have I ever felt that he'd really be leaving at the end of this season. I hope the protests continue and I hope it hurts him badly.....but the old fucker is so thick skinned and Kroenke is so wedded to him that I fear all that will happen is that we'll continue to be the laughing stock we've now become, with one plane saying one thing and another firmly up his bum crack
That's how businesses and political parties do it - They tell everyone we are going to down-size or whatever by 60% - then after the workers revolt/strike the unions get involved :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: The company then say Ohhh! okaaay we'll just down-size by 40% instead - when all the while that was their target and intention anyway - So it looks like a climb down but it is anything but.

:banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Well done boys for getting the plane up, a great from you guys who are organising this. My heart sank when I saw the pro Wenger plane, but have others have said, there's no such thing as bad publicity and it highlights the tension and divide at the Club. The Club always pushing the "one big happy family" bullshit and such a clear display of the divide at the Club, highlighted all ovethe media, damages the brand. Just imagine if you were potential sponsers currently in discussions with the Club....chances are you'd run a mile. Also, if the backers of the pro palne can be unearted and it is the Club, then that's a massive own goal.

I understand how SteveO feels, I myself oscillate between highs from the positive efforts ware making, to lows of thinking it's all a waste of time (I still expect him to sign a contract of whatever duration), but we HAVE to keep this up. There can be no doubt that our efforts are having an effect and even if he does sign, then it will be in the full knowledge that it is without the blessing on a vast number of the fanbase (all those with at least half a brain) and that we are not going away.

As someone that's wanted him out for 10 years, I can well appreciate how the likes of Leyton Gooner and others feel when they say that if he signs, then they are done....I get the same emotion and indeed, I don't feel about the Arsenal the way I used to (I've said before, that above everything else, it's the thing I'll never forgive the regime for),.....but hang in there fellas. there is at last, some hope. Just think how far we've come and what we've achieved in no more than a month of people deciding that action needed to be taken. Even though he may well sign, now is not the time to give up and walk away. Wenger is on the ropes more than ever before and the Club did not see this coming at all. The comatose "lumpen" fanbase have finally stirred.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Sorry. lots of typos in that last post, should have read it before I submitted it :D .

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Retro Gunner wrote:Well done boys for getting the plane up, a great from you guys who are organising this. My heart sank when I saw the pro Wenger plane, but have others have said, there's no such thing as bad publicity and it highlights the tension and divide at the Club. The Club always pushing the "one big happy family" bullshit and such a clear display of the divide at the Club, highlighted all ovethe media, damages the brand. Just imagine if you were potential sponsers currently in discussions with the Club....chances are you'd run a mile. Also, if the backers of the pro palne can be unearted and it is the Club, then that's a massive own goal.

I understand how SteveO feels, I myself oscillate between highs from the positive efforts ware making, to lows of thinking it's all a waste of time (I still expect him to sign a contract of whatever duration), but we HAVE to keep this up. There can be no doubt that our efforts are having an effect and even if he does sign, then it will be in the full knowledge that it is without the blessing on a vast number of the fanbase (all those with at least half a brain) and that we are not going away.

As someone that's wanted him out for 10 years, I can well appreciate how the likes of Leyton Gooner and others feel when they say that if he signs, then they are done....I get the same emotion and indeed, I don't feel about the Arsenal the way I used to (I've said before, that above everything else, it's the thing I'll never forgive the regime for),.....but hang in there fellas. there is at last, some hope. Just think how far we've come and what we've achieved in no more than a month of people deciding that action needed to be taken. Even though he may well sign, now is not the time to give up and walk away. Wenger is on the ropes more than ever before and the Club did not see this coming at all. The comatose "lumpen" fanbase have finally stirred.
Very good points, mate. I'm done if he stays. Done because I hate him as a person and done because it's clear evidence that the fans don't matter.
I think the next steps are to pick a game and boycott it. Season ticket holder don't turn up, silver members don't buy. Whenever we play Sunderland at home could be an option. On top of that, I'm starting to think that an on-pitch protest towards the end of a game or right on the final whistle is where to go next. It happens all the time at clubs up and down the country and it will send a shock wave through the board and the media if it happens at our place. On the pitch, with the banners on the tunnel side and chanting up at the director's box. As always, they can't nick anyone if loads are on the pitch and it will send a clear message.
If this *word censored* thinks he's staying, then things need to get dramatic.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

We are not giving up...we are not going ANYWHERE either...my daughter lives in the US, is a professional sportswoman and has 1000's of followers. I have 100's of mates there as well. If necessary we will get people to go to Kroenke games over there with HUGE banners. We are NOT going away.

My daughter knows how to stir up controversy......http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Pr ... 35103.html

armchair

Post by armchair »

Im up for a banner party in the states
:barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:We are not giving up...we are not going ANYWHERE either...my daughter lives in the US, is a professional sportswoman and has 1000's of followers. I have 100's of mates there as well. If necessary we will get people to go to Kroenke games over there with HUGE banners. We are NOT going away.

My daughter knows how to stir up controversy......http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Pr ... 35103.html
Suspect they would be more interested in KroenkeOut rather than WengerOut.

Basketball/Hockey runs until mid-April. It would be really cool to see a WengerOut banner at one of the Nuggets/Avalanche games.
NHL might be more sympathetic as they are bottom of their conference.

General

Post by General »

I have to say well done again to all those who helped arranged the plane. :barscarf:

Just looking back, it couldn't have gone any better. I was a bit pessimistic on Friday when the weather thing came about and couldn't believe my eyes when the plane took to the skies. Together with the result and the protests at the end, we probably landed the fatal blow. Those who still think this was all unnecessary and he would walk on his own accord might want to brood over the fact that dictators rarely know when to call it a day and certainly not an egomaniac like Le Fruad.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Where does the Mirror get this shit??

Interestingly, rather than being funded by local Arsenal diehards, it’s been revealed by a company called Airads Banners, that foreign fans were behind the stunt.

The ‘Wenger In’ banner was paid for by a group of Hong Kong Arsenal fans, while the rival ‘Wenger Out’ banner was paid for by Chinese Gooners.

Lazy, indifferent journalism!!

armchair

Post by armchair »

xisstential wrote:Where does the Mirror get this shit??

Interestingly, rather than being funded by local Arsenal diehards, it’s been revealed by a company called Airads Banners, that foreign fans were behind the stunt.

The ‘Wenger In’ banner was paid for by a group of Hong Kong Arsenal fans, while the rival ‘Wenger Out’ banner was paid for by Chinese Gooners.

You got a link?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

In Wenger we lust ??

Count me out.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

armchair wrote:

You got a link?
http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/revea ... west-brom/

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

StuartL wrote:

In Wenger we lust ??

Count me out.
Of what??

General

Post by General »