CLAUDIO RANIERI SACKED!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bob Bayliss

Re: CLAUDIO RANIERI SACKED!!!

Post by Bob Bayliss »

The modern phenomenon where players lobby the board to get the manager sacked (Mourinho at Chelsea now Ranieri at Leicester) is very different to what happened at Derby in the 70s.

Clough and Taylor had resigned in a fit of pique over a couple of trivial disagreements with the Chairman, and the board called their bluff by accepting their resignations. The players campaigned hard to get them reinstated and were all set to go on strike until their wives talked them out of it and Dave MacKay was appointed.

I wonder if our bunch of pussies would go on strike if Wenger fell on his sword? Ozil seems to be working to rule already

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:You can only "lose" the dressing room if the players think your weak and their *word censored* and it's very clear thats both in this case.
The Owners have almost invited this duplicity too by having these meetings rather than publicly scolding them for their laziness.
It's very clear too there was a disconnect with the coaching staff who have sided with the players against him .

I sincerely hope they go down because I hate them anyway !

so do i.....

TBH still cannot believe that shite won the title....it is incredible....

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I don't know why people are in shock? They are now in the relegation zone. If that was Arsenal I'm sure Wenger would be given a new 3 year contract and £100m to spend.... :hmmthink: :hmmthink:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

What a set of ceuuunts. :cussing:

3-1 up on the Dippers. Where has that pikey bastard Vardy been all season? :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

:roll:

At 9/2 I had to put £20 on em!
And they will beat that Spanish shite too!...

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Leyton Gooner wrote:What a set of ceuuunts. :cussing:

3-1 up on the Dippers. Where has that pikey bastard Vardy been all season? :roll:
Who care where they've been? they beat the closest challengers to our precious 4th place title. Hopefully, by the time we play the re-arranged game they will be safe and not that bothered.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

https://youtu.be/IMlWW-gLoZk

A reality check in what is so unfair in football and how a team can just go straight to an owner and get rid of a remarkable man who put them on the football map...
Has Wenger given his view on this sacrifice? perhaps he can teach Ranieri on how to keep ones job and not to be overly ambitious at a club...
I have always respected Claudio Ranieri, and I hope all league opposition run those backstabbers into the ground and send them down to where they belong...

armchair

Post by armchair »

Quite a few indignant and "disgusted of Tumbridge Wells" type posts on this thread. :lol:

Wonder now, given Leicesters resurgance under a different manager if anyone has changed their mind? 8)

I did think at the time Leicester had to do something and quick. If this continues then sacking Ranieri was 100% the right thing to do.

Sentiment really has no place in football. Unless you're Arsenal of-course where we keep a manager in place based on sentiment alone. :roll:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Wonder why the players wanted him out?

augie

Post by augie »

armchair wrote:Quite a few indignant and "disgusted of Tumbridge Wells" type posts on this thread. :lol:

Wonder now, given Leicesters resurgance under a different manager if anyone has changed their mind? 8)

I did think at the time Leicester had to do something and quick. If this continues then sacking Ranieri was 100% the right thing to do.

Sentiment really has no place in football. Unless you're Arsenal of-course where we keep a manager in place based on sentiment alone. :roll:

The main reason for my disgust at ranieri's sacking was the fact that it was the players that got him sacked, and that disgust is as strong today as it was then :evil: They are a bunch of average journeymen, and I am gutted that they are not gonna be relegated :cry: :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

AkneyGooner wrote:Wonder why the players wanted him out?
The players, like the owners fell into a delusional belief of their status within the game. They forgot they won that PL because of one man, a mix of circumstances like a bizarre season where all the big clubs were either in transition or just plain shit, the racist Vardy having his "Rob Lee Season" and pure blind luck with injuries, form and suspensions etc.

Ranieri was tactically sound in that he looked at the players he had, looked at their strengths and worked out a reasonably flexible 4-4-2 system that most of the PL tippy tappy 4-5-1 merchants were not used to, he rode his luck and he over achieved hugely. The players, dopey egotistical cúnts like most footballers are, then started believing they were actually THAT good and blamed their shitness this season on Ranieri, rather than the fact that most PL defences knew how to handle their system second time round, the transition phase at most big clubs passed, the luck dried up, and the racist Rob Lee Vardy reverted to being the bog average striker he is/was/always will be.

So who to blame? :rubchin:

Millionaire PL footballers won't blame themselves obviously. Must be all the managers fault. :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Karma comes to us all!
And Mr Shakespeare better keep looking over his shoulder when the Lord Mayors Show comes to an abrupt end...
Saying that, they will probably win the CL.... :shock:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Buck stops with the manager Im afraid.
For whatever reason (and we dont know the reason), he had lost the players. When that happens theres only one outcome. (Usually)

They didnt have time to mess about and try to let Ranieri fix things. Relationships, internal politics, tactics, etc. They were gonna go down.

Not a particulary pallatable decision but imo not a difficult one either. Something had to give and it wasnt gonna be the Leicester squad.

With Claudio
P 37
W10

With Shakespeare
P6
W6
*Edited to reflect all 2016/17 games

Surely we cant give Ranieri all the credit, plaudits and awards for them winning the prem, then say its the players fault for them being on the verge of relegation?

The change has made a HUGE difference to Leicesters fortunes this season. The new manager has made the difference. They're used to winning again. Becoming a habit.
Pity we cant get shot of Wenger and get a winning mentality again. :|
Last edited by armchair on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:Karma comes to us all!
And Mr Shakespeare better keep looking over his shoulder when the Lord Mayors Show comes to an abrupt end...
He'll be sacked within a year. Put your house on it. :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:Karma comes to us all!
He'll be sacked within a year. Put your house on it. :lol:
Yep just like Roberto Di Matteo after he won the CL....
It's in the stars I tell ya...... :shock: