CLAUDIO RANIERI SACKED!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: CLAUDIO RANIERI SACKED!!!

Post by rodders999 »

Leicester will not win every game now that he's gone :barscarf:

They've never had it so good :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:Leicester will not win every game now that he's gone :barscarf:

How many league titles did they have before he arrived? He built that club. He's been in football for more 30 years.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Graham71 wrote:
officepest wrote:Dilly-ding, dilly-gone.

Likeable bloke, but they're doing dogshit this season. The timing seems strange though; they got a good result vs Seville but I suppose they need to preserve their top-flight status, with all the ridiculous coin that entails.

Piss me pants if/when they get relegated.
No Leicester are in their rightful place they are a relegation fighting team that is where they should be but what Ranieri did was the greatest miracle in the history of football.Would Pep Jose and Klopp have won the title with that Leicester team of course not. Think about it Spurs havent won a title for 56 years Everton 30 Liverpool 27 and Arsenal 13. Leicester 9 months
The TV deal money renders all other priorities other than survival secondary to the bean-counters in charge, and so they get nervy. I'm not advocating his sacking, far from it, just positing a reason as to why they've shit-canned Ranieri.

The timing though is very iffy, as I'd have thought they'd sack him with enough time to allow whoever replaces him time to bring in some of his own signings. Has anyone with a really impressive CV lost their job recently?

On the other hand, his signings have been gash; they've just (incredibly) won the league, and should they (Leicester's board) stick with him as they sink like a stone when he's shown no indication that their form (in the league, at least) is improving?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Leicester will not win every game now that he's gone :barscarf:

How many league titles did they have before he arrived? He built that club. He's been in football for more 30 years.
Looook I hope he is immune to excessive reactions..

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Pity Arsenal don't have a game this weekend, would love to hear his reaction to Ranieri's sacking.. I would love it more if a journalist pointed out the difference in the loyalty of Wenger's employer compared to Ranieri's..

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

He was the bloke who thought tooth and nail to keep Vardy...using every trick in the book to stop him going to Arsenal

On the other hand Chavs come calling for Kante could not let him go quick enough.....

Still cannot believe we let them beat us to the Title...thanks Wenger you absolute brainless wanker

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

olgitgooner wrote:Leicester winning the prem was the best thing to happen in years. Bloody loved it. Ranieri deserves better treatment than this. Fucking disgusting.
As a side issue.....Vardy had one fantastic season. And was never ever going to have another one like it. Wenger wanted to buy him. Enough said. :roll:
I said it at the time that there was a very good chance that Vardy was having his "Rob Lee" season.

Already Nigel "I'm fookin' ignorant, Me" Pearson is being linked with a move back in there. I hope beyond hope he does get the job and gets them relegated to fuck. Despise the cúnt and his cúnt dog of a son.

If you've seen Pearson being interviewed at length (Goals on Sunday was achingly cringe-inducing) then you will have seen a thuggish, ignorant prick with ideas about himself way above his station. An arrogant cocky dickhead that thinks he is a legend in the game and could walk into the Madrid job tomorrow and become their most successful manager ever. :oops: :lol:

A brief breakdown of this utter fucking moron's "personality";

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City.html

augie

Post by augie »

I believe that the latest story doing the rounds is that some of the senior players met the board and stabbed ranieri in the back and suggested that he needed to go cos his relationship with the players and coaching staff had broken down beyond repair - don't know why but morgan's name is the one that immediately pops into my head, and I cant wait to see this average/shit centre back dropped down to a division more suitable to his very limited ability :roll: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:I believe that the latest story doing the rounds is that some of the senior players met the board and stabbed ranieri in the back and suggested that he needed to go cos his relationship with the players and coaching staff had broken down beyond repair - don't know why but morgan's name is the one that immediately pops into my head, and I cant wait to see this average/shit centre back dropped down to a division more suitable to his very limited ability :roll: :evil:
Yeah, I'd be amazed if he WASN'T involved in any alleged backstabbing. He has a real penchant for the blame game, moaning at other players when conceding a goal, even if he was at fault. Prize prick pubber that is beyond fucking lucky to have a PL medal to his name. :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

rodders999 wrote:I am most disgusted with this recent turn of events, Claudio Ranieri had earned the right to decide when to leave as far as I'm concerned.
They should be careful what they wish for

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:I am most disgusted with this recent turn of events, Claudio Ranieri had earned the right to decide when to leave as far as I'm concerned.
He's been hamstrung by the board.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I dont see the problem. Leicester are in limbo and something is not right. So they replace the manager to refresh things in an effort to beat the drop. Whats the alternative - continue down the current path and risk the drop out of some favour to Ranieiri for what he achieved last year? I understand it looks hard, but this is football at the highest level. No club can be 1 point above the relegation zone and pretend it is business as usual. What Ranieri did last season as phenomenal, but do Leicester City want to still be a premiership team or not?

Same with Chelsea last year, they won the league the year prior, but it all went South, and rather than say to themselves ' Jose won us the league last year, so lets give him another go', they instead mixed it up and are about to relive the experience of winning the league with a new manager.

Too many dick heads in the British media place too much value on the manager. The truth is, the manager is the most responsible and the most expendable person at a club, which means when its not going well, they so often get changed. Its the clubs who try to 'stick it out' who always get it wrong. Like us with Arsene. Head in the sands, 'we owe it to him, because 13 years ago we won the league', so we trot on with Wenger because we feel we owe him something.

Arsenal dont owe Wenger shit, and Leicester dont owe Ranieri shit. If Ranieiri cant steer keep Leicester away from the drop, WTF does he expect? Same with Arsene, if he cant find a new way to be competitive, does he expect us to pledge homage in perpetuity, simply bcause in 2004 he won the title?

Its always about the club, the club, the club.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

arseofacrow wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Who'd heard of Mahrez or Kante four years ago :barscarf:

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Wilson wrote:I dont see the problem. Leicester are in limbo and something is not right. So they replace the manager to refresh things in an effort to beat the drop. Whats the alternative - continue down the current path and risk the drop out of some favour to Ranieiri for what he achieved last year? I understand it looks hard, but this is football at the highest level. No club can be 1 point above the relegation zone and pretend it is business as usual. What Ranieri did last season as phenomenal, but do Leicester City want to still be a premiership team or not?

Same with Chelsea last year, they won the league the year prior, but it all went South, and rather than say to themselves ' Jose won us the league last year, so lets give him another go', they instead mixed it up and are about to relive the experience of winning the league with a new manager.

Too many dick heads in the British media place too much value on the manager. The truth is, the manager is the most responsible and the most expendable person at a club, which means when its not going well, they so often get changed. Its the clubs who try to 'stick it out' who always get it wrong. Like us with Arsene. Head in the sands, 'we owe it to him, because 13 years ago we won the league', so we trot on with Wenger because we feel we owe him something.

Arsenal dont owe Wenger shit, and Leicester dont owe Ranieri shit. If Ranieiri cant steer keep Leicester away from the drop, WTF does he expect? Same with Arsene, if he cant find a new way to be competitive, does he expect us to pledge homage in perpetuity, simply bcause in 2004 he won the title?

Its always about the club, the club, the club.
I get what you are saying but seems to me he has suffered because of increased expectations based on last year. Was chatting to a Leicester fan recently and he said when Ranieri took the job at the start of last the club asked him if he would stay even if they got relegated that season. So at that point they appreciated it was a realistic possibility and actually expected to be down the bottom.

Although they are in the dog fight they are not currently in the relegation zone so it's not like relegation is a certainty. If last season they had been in the relegation scrap and survived by a point and then they were where they are now this season I don't think Leicester would be firing him. It just looks like a massive fall from grace when in fact they are just returning to their normal situation.

Pretty poor if the rumours are true that this has been instigated by the players.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

rodders999 wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Who'd heard of Mahrez or Kante four years ago :barscarf:
Arsene Wenger almost signed them back then!